Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m trying to figure out how much to eat and when. Also what. I know veg and some protein and no carbs. Already follow low carb eating so am confused. I will go to the nutrition forum. I know I need to exercise and started that today. I already feel tingles in legs and hands so think I must have had this for a while. I am afraid but will do whatever it takes.
It is very confusing in the beginning. If you read around the forum you will pick up loads of advice and info and most importantly support to get you on your way. There is sugar and carbs lurking in unxpected foods I found so check labels for total carb content. Hope you stop crying today and it will be the start of a new way of life. All the best.

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last week my fasting BG was 14.9 So I’ve been on low carb for 6 days and this morning it was 8.3! Still not good but getting there
Excellent. Keep the good work. For me it was 14 days to bring it down. See you next tuesday - should be around 5.5 if all will go smoothly. Just don’t cheat on your diet - no carbs!