Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

D

Deleted member 308541

5.2 at 4:50 am, tried the low carb bread with great success at lunch time, bgl's 5.1 before lunch, 5.4 after 1 hour, and 5.1 after 2 hours. It was a great ham and salad sandwich, the first of many more to come I hope.

5.1 today at the first check the second check was 5.3 on a different finger WOW never been that low before
Well done Jim.
4F2mf.gif
4F2mf.gif
4F2mf.gif

James13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.0 this morning. Let it creep up the last few days, need to sort myself out before it gets out of hand. When I stick to my Weight Watchers diet my fasting readings are generally in the 5s - not bragging, I spent nearly 5 years averaging 9s and 10s. But now I've figured out how to attain 5s I'd like to stay there :)

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
5.2 at 4:50 am, tried the low carb bread with great success at lunch time, bgl's 5.1 before lunch, 5.4 after 1 hour, and 5.1 after 2 hours. It was a great ham and salad sandwich, the first of many more to come I hope.

Well done Jim.
4F2mf.gif
4F2mf.gif
4F2mf.gif

Cheers Don don’t think I’ll be able to keep it there though

Petaluk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning. 4.5 today.
Wow you never took medication- metformin etc? Did your doctor ever recommend it? My levels, stats, weight etc were very similar to yours but my doctor put me on metformin. I hope I didn’t do a boo boo.
I follow a similar diet to you also and have lost weight and lowered my bg. But I would like to have done it naturally, if possible.
Well done to you though, excellent results ! :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A disappointing 6.2. Won’t be making the diet doctor pizza again.

What did you top your pizza with? It might be the toppings rather than the base that elevated your numbers. Last time I made it I tried to replicate a pizza I used to love at Pizza Express, topping consisted of sour cream, chicken, mushrooms and a little red onion, all virtually carb free.