Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

JanetMcDowell

What did you top your pizza with? It might be the toppings rather than the base that elevated your numbers. Last time I made it I tried to replicate a pizza I used to love at Pizza Express, topping consisted of sour cream, chicken, mushrooms and a little red onion, all virtually carb free.

Tomato sauce, mozzarella and cheddar cheese, and chilli pepper. Probably the tomato sauce. Do you leave that out of yours?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tomato sauce, mozzarella and cheddar cheese, and chilli pepper. Probably the tomato sauce. Do you leave that out of yours?
I have used a tomato based pizza topping before but this last time I just had the sour cream with the chicken and veggies. I saw less of a blood sugar rise with that.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 4.6 today.

@Petaluk thanks for the comment. Doctor did recommend Metformin but I asked for a few months to try without. It was mentioned once more at my next review - things had improved and she didn’t push when I asked to continue without. Never mentioned since.

@ianpspurs don’t beat yourself up!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 which reflects another very low carb day yesterday. Picnic on the green on a stunner of a day weather wise and it was salad and iced water for me. The exact opposite to.my.last picnic! Trying to be really good as I have my next appointment with the DN very soon.