Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

mobilemike

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Since starting Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer my Blood Sugars have increased to between 10 and 13 in the mornings. The treatment is also causing severe muscle wasting and any exercise, even a short walk makes me exhausted. I have seen my GP but they appear oblivious of my problem. I have now started eating Protein bars and shakes like they have gone out of fashion in the hope the protein will build my muscles. The only problem is the sugar in them.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today and I'm happy with that as I enjoyed 2 very large glasses of red wine with my salad soaking up some rays yesterday!!! 6 months ago I would have carried on drinking and would also have been eating salted peanuts to a band playing! The good weather brought out the worst in Me!!! :)

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
As requested in another thread.... state your fasting numbers here.
My fasting level today 8.3.:( ****. Over to other T2s now....

My fasting blood tests this morning - returned and tested myself 8.6 :(:(:( Guess doctors visit for results is not going to be pleasant................. I was doing so well but I have lost the plot and the cravings are really tough.

Lets hope we both can make improvements.