Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My sympathy @zand. Most of us have been in your position but the walking a mile in someones shoes part is hard - emotions are very real so my sympathy is probably as useful as a chocolate fireguard . Anyhow, hug and sympathy and agree to swap the tee shirt when its my turn?
Deal! I am sure it's the heat. Your sympathy is a help, thanks. Once upon a time I thought I had this BG problem sorted, not so easy now.

Reactions: bigjim19 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Very happy.

@zand sending hugs your way ( I use the forum app and it will only let me respond by ‘liking’ which isn’t always appropriate) I’ve had the same thing - completely unexpected results when I’m doing everything I should be. Sometimes I just can’t figure diabetes out. Hope it comes down when the weather cools off.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.8 am test for me as a type 2 never gotten below that as of yet bit concerned now reading others BG levels

Hi MrNK looks like you’re new here so welcome.
Have you had a look around the other forums and threads? There’s lots of help and advice on here but a lot of people find the fasting blood glucose the hardest and last to come down.

Mr.NK69

Hi MrNK looks like you’re new here so welcome.
Have you had a look around the other forums and threads? There’s lots of help and advice on here but a lot of people find the fasting blood glucose the hardest and last to come down.
Hi guys I am new to all this and not sure if testing is the right thing for me as my BG levels am are around 8 in the morning and post meal or evening at anything from 13-18 Gp said i am wasting my time I suspect they are keen to discourage routine testing to keep down costs with regards to supply of test strips meters etc I was thinking of just testing once a week on a Friday in future would that be a viable option

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.8 am test for me as a type 2 never gotten below that as of yet bit concerned now reading others BG levels
@Mr.NK69 Other people's bg levels shouldn't cause you concern. Your own journey is what matters. Maybe roam this site looking at how people deal with the condition and see if there are any tips you can use.The main point is to keep testing and working on managing the condition in a way that works for you