Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A rouge 8.8 this morning.
I ate cheese too early maybe. So had to take insulin before anything else.
Onwards and upwards.
Wish ibs tablet didn't contain sugar/glucose. My tummy is gurgling now.

Well done all. :)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 to go with the hobbling about using a walking stick, higher resting pulse and general systemic malfunction. Also, Naproxen makes me ravenous and very sleepy. Going to be a long couple of days. @jayney27 good start to the day; @JanetMcDowell nice number and I too hope Mr McD is recovering well - I am sure he must do with your tender ministrations. Have a good day folks.
I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you are soon back to normal, it must be very frustrating having to hobble about and have the additional insult of higher numbers.

Reactions: bassamaklan

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you are soon back to normal, it must be very frustrating having to hobble about and have the additional insult of higher numbers.
@jayney27 Thanks for the good wishes. Very interesting how quickly things go wrong and also how much altering how I walk impacts on my back issues as it is back causing walking issues according to medical wisdom. I just didn't see this coming so I was unprepared,

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
4.8 this morning.
a bowl of multigrain cereal (at least 22g carbs including 5g sugar) then an 8 mile cycle to work - 5.6 !
Two hours (and a full english) later - 5.3!

Folks, if you're in any way capable, you should have a look at cycling. It's low impact on the joints, you have complete flexibility over the level of effort you put in and, for me, it's doing wonders for the metabolism.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 this morning.
a bowl of multigrain cereal (at least 22g carbs including 5g sugar) then an 8 mile cycle to work - 5.6 !

Folks, if you're in any way capable, you should have a look at cycling. It's low impact on the joints, you have complete flexibility over the level of effort you put in and, for me, it's doing wonders for the metabolism.

Love cycling!

Swimming is also low impact.

GrumpyOldPhart

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 to go with the hobbling about using a walking stick, higher resting pulse and general systemic malfunction. Also, Naproxen makes me ravenous and very sleepy. Going to be a long couple of days. @jayney27 good start to the day; @JanetMcDowell nice number and I too hope Mr McD is recovering well - I am sure he must do with your tender ministrations. Have a good day folks.
Morning Ian & welcome to the old crocks club! Seriously though, I know it's difficult being removed from a regime that is obviously working and trust that in your case it is purely a temporary blip.

Reactions: ianpspurs
M

Moggely

4.8 this morning.

@GeoffersTaylor Just the other day i was thinking about that. What stopped me is if i got on it i would just simply fall off it. Maybe one of those ones you have in the sitting room i think. Mind if i ask if you are on Medications. Impressive figures you have.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning Ian & welcome to the old crocks club! Seriously though, I know it's difficult being removed from a regime that is obviously working and trust that in your case it is purely a temporary blip.
Thanks @GrumpyOldPhart Yes, it is temporary just very frustrating as I can usually see this coming and head it off but if I don't it is a real nuisance for 3 to 7 days. The usual trigger is illness which dehydrates me. What I do appreciate is that my issues are temporary but others have lifelong problems.

Reactions: GrumpyOldPhart

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
@GeoffersTaylor Just the other day i was thinking about that. What stopped me is if i got on it i would just simply fall off it. Maybe one of those ones you have in the sitting room i think. Mind if i ask if you are on Medications. Impressive figures you have.
I came off Metformin completely about 10 days ago, but up until then I was taking it since diagnosis 3 years ago. I'm now managing purely with diet and, (for the last 2 months at least), with cycling.

Reactions: Terrytiddy