Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
Hi @Grant1969 why do you have to start taking Gliclazide is it to help your Bg? If you can cut down on your carbs I'm sure that will help your Bg.:)
Yeah it's to lower my bg but apparently because I'm so underweight I've to focus more on that and then concern myself with t2d more when heavier, this is just what I took away with me, clear as mud as always but the consultant was just repeating what my pancreatic consultant says, simples, get heavier eat moremore, I feel I needn't go into detail but eat more and pancreatitis are oil and water. Still confuddled.

Reactions: millenium

GrumpyOldPhart

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Returned from my one month vacation. Ate like a horse and my fbs this morning is a whopping 6.5!
Did you enjoy it though? If yes; it was probably worth it and you'll soon be back into the swing of things feeling much better about it all & more able to deal with all that life throws at you!

Reactions: Prem51

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today - a relection on the past 3 days, I have had family here staying with me and consumed more wine than I should have! Enough said :)

UPDATE ON THE EVENT

DATE - SATURDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER - BIRMINGHAM

I have now had the venue details confirmed to me by DCUK and I am very pleased to announce the details are as follows:

VENUE: A HEALTHY EATERY IN BIRMINGHAM (PERSONAL INVITES WILL CONFIRM FULL DETAILS)

It looks perfect for what we need. A small and informal gathering. I phoned them to discuss our requirements this morning and they confimed that part will be sectioned off for us so we will have our privacy. The other part will still be open to the public but it seems to be quiet at the weekend. We can move tables to suit our needs. There are 2 toilets including one with disabled access. There is also a room available if we need to change. The lunch menu will be available to us but possibly just 5 options to choose from which they are currently sorting with DCUK who will speak to us before finalising. The good news is there are lots of options for us including eggs!

PARKING - available close by and also on side steets around and about

TIME: 12 NOON UNTIL 3PM (however we can get there from 11.30am onwards). There are several attending who are staying over the night before and we will be on hand to meet and greet across the area if required, for example at the coach station or grand central train station, if anyone wants help getting there, or a bit of company. After the event if we decide we are really enjoying ourselves and don't want to dash off there is a lovely pub nearby.

EVENT ITSELF - There will be an introduction by someone from DCUK followed by plenty of time to discuss and chat about everything and anything! Very easy, relaxed atmosphere. We are hoping to have several new comers to the LCHF woe that we can share our knowledge with and help along their journey as we were helped on ours. The plans are to have our various leaflets and booklets we are currently working on to hand out and to be photographed. DCUK will no doubt be adding these as links to the site fo future reference as ebooklets. I have ordered some name badges so we will all know who is who. I plan to do a Q&A sheet for anything we don't have the answer to on the day. They can then be followed up.

There will be a PR team there and photos/video will be taken. If anyone isn't happy with that please don't worry you won't need to get in the photo/video.

Invitations are currently being designed by DCUK and those who have confirmed their attendence will be receiving their invites very soon. I have a couple of people who have said they are interested in coming that I haven't had a chance to get back to yet due to family commitments (I have had family staying with me for 3 days so practically had come to a standstill) but I will be contacting you soon. Apologies for delay.

I do still have a couple of spaces if anyone would like to join us. Please let me know as soon as possible.

THIS IS ALL ABOUT GETTING THE LCHF WORD OUT THERE AND WILL BE A FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY TO DO JUST THAT. IT'S JUST SO EXCITING.

LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING EVERYONE VERY SOON. AND FOR THOSE THAT AREN'T ABLE TO MAKE IT DON'T WORRY WE ARE HOPING THAT THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME.

Last edited:

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Did you enjoy it though? If yes; it was probably worth it and you'll soon be back into the swing of things feeling much better about it all & more able to deal with all that life throws at you!

Yes, I did. Visited Moscow and St. Petersburg, Krakow, Warsaw, Prague and Bruges. All lovely places and so much to see. I know I have to pay the price for eating like a horse everyday, but as you say it was worth it as I don't go on vacation everyday. Thank you GrumpyOldPhart for your kind and encouraging comment.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 snap for fbg. Stick has gone but still not quite sorted. Hobbling could well have been gout across top of initially right foot then left. Apparently it is a family trait along with the congenital back issue - Ted Hughes appears to have been very prescient. @JanetMcDowell thanks for asking after me in the midst of your husband's problems - hope the scans show false alarm.

Ouch! Gout! My dad used to get it. It seemed unbearably painful.
I used to diagnose gout by looking for the crystals under a polarising microscope - they even looked painful: long and thin like tiny needles. You have my greatest sympathy.
Incidentally my dad always got it at this time of year as he would eat a lot of cherry tomatoes from his greenhouse and they are one of the worst culprits.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ouch! Gout! My dad used to get it. It seemed unbearably painful.
I used to diagnose gout by looking for the crystals under a polarising microscope - they even looked painful: long and thin like tiny needles. You have my greatest sympathy.
Incidentally my dad always got it at this time of year as he would eat a lot of cherry tomatoes from his greenhouse and they are one of the worst culprits.
Thanks for the sympathy @DJC3. I thought I had sussed how to avoid flare ups - worked well for maybe 3 years but I got sloppy. Long story but all tied up with bg levels. Worst part was it totally altered how I sleep and really hurt my back at night time.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today - a relection on the past 3 days, I have had family here staying with me and consumed more wine than I should have! Enough said :)

UPDATE ON THE EVENT

DATE - SATURDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER - BIRMINGHAM

I have now had the venue details confirmed to me by DCUK and I am very pleased to announce the details are as follows:

VENUE: A HEALTHY EATERY IN BIRMINGHAM (PERSONAL INVITES WILL CONFIRM FULL DETAILS)

It looks perfect for what we need. A small and informal gathering. I phoned them to discuss our requirements this morning and they confimed that part will be sectioned off for us so we will have our privacy. The other part will still be open to the public but it seems to be quiet at the weekend. We can move tables to suit our needs. There are 2 toilets including one with disabled access. There is also a room available if we need to change. The lunch menu will be available to us but possibly just 5 options to choose from which they are currently sorting with DCUK who will speak to us before finalising. The good news is there are lots of options for us including eggs!

PARKING - available close by and also on side steets around and about

TIME: 12 NOON UNTIL 3PM (however we can get there from 11.30am onwards). There are several attending who are staying over the night before and we will be on hand to meet and greet across the area if required, for example at the coach station or grand central train station, if anyone wants help getting there, or a bit of company. After the event if we decide we are really enjoying ourselves and don't want to dash off there is a lovely pub nearby.

EVENT ITSELF - There will be an introduction by someone from DCUK followed by plenty of time to discuss and chat about everything and anything! Very easy, relaxed atmosphere. We are hoping to have several new comers to the LCHF woe that we can share our knowledge with and help along their journey as we were helped on ours. The plans are to have our various leaflets and booklets we are currently working on to hand out and to be photographed. DCUK will no doubt be adding these as links to the site fo future reference as ebooklets. I have ordered some name badges so we will all know who is who. I plan to do a Q&A sheet for anything we don't have the answer to on the day. They can then be followed up.

There will be a PR team there and photos/video will be taken. If anyone isn't happy with that please don't worry you won't need to get in the photo/video.

Invitations are currently being designed by DCUK and those who have confirmed their attendence will be receiving their invites very soon. I have a couple of people who have said they are interested in coming that I haven't had a chance to get back to yet due to family commitments (I have had family staying with me for 3 days so practically had come to a standstill) but I will be contacting you soon. Apologies for delay.

I do still have a couple of spaces if anyone would like to join us. Please let me know as soon as possible.

THIS IS ALL ABOUT GETTING THE LCHF WORD OUT THERE AND WILL BE A FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY TO DO JUST THAT. IT'S JUST SO EXCITING.

LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING EVERYONE VERY SOON. AND FOR THOSE THAT AREN'T ABLE TO MAKE IT DON'T WORRY WE ARE HOPING THAT THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME.
Sounds like you are going to have a great day, I love the bit about a repeat event next year, I hope that I will be able to attend that one. Disappointed not to be able to come to this years, however I have promised that you can use my story and am hanging out for the last little bit of weight to come off so you can add my 5 stone to the grand total before I take an “after” photo, 1 and three quarter pounds to go!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like you are going to have a great day, I love the bit about a repeat event next year, I hope that I will be able to attend that one. Disappointed not to be able to come to this years, however I have promised that you can use my story and am hanging out for the last little bit of weight to come off so you can add my 5 stone to the grand total before I take an “after” photo, 1 and three quarter pounds to go!!!

WOW you are at 4 stone 7lb in my notes. You are doing phenominally well @jayney27 and yes....every ounce counts on this one!! You will have cracked it very soon I'm positive. And that 'after' photo will have you smiling from ear to ear. Have you popped it in the success stories thread? I got picked up from there by Dajana who deals with press. From that I did my local gazette article which went on facebook. I helped a few diabetics with enquiries from there which felt great. I'm in Northern Life Sept edition and Simply You mag are contacting me in next few days as they want to run the story. Spreading the word to whoever will listen! You have a great story. We all have and as such need to flood the media! I'm looking forward to your epic goal photo. And well done again on the weight loss and getting your BS well into normal range. You must feel fantastic.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
WOW you are at 4 stone 7lb in my notes. You are doing phenominally well @jayney27 and yes....every ounce counts on this one!! You will have cracked it very soon I'm positive. And that 'after' photo will have you smiling from ear to ear. Have you popped it in the success stories thread? I got picked up from there by Dajana who deals with press. From that I did my local gazette article which went on facebook. I helped a few diabetics with enquiries from there which felt great. I'm in Northern Life Sept edition and Simply You mag are contacting me in next few days as they want to run the story. Spreading the word to whoever will listen! You have a great story. We all have and as such need to flood the media! I'm looking forward to your epic goal photo. And well done again on the weight loss and getting your BS well into normal range. You must feel fantastic.
Hi, I did post in the success thread just after I got my HbA1c result in May, I have also been contacted by Dajana but not heard from anyone since.
I do feel amazing, so many people are taken aback when they see me now, they all want to know the secret, I tell everyone who asks about LCHF.
I met up with my daughters on Saturday, we had a beach day which was lovely, my eldest daughter said she doesn’t remember seeing me “this small”, obviously I have been smaller than I am currently but she’s right, she was probably too young to remember or indeed notice, that was such a boost and made me smile even more.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
DATE - SATURDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER - BIRMINGHAM I have now had the venue details confirmed to me by DCUK and I am very pleased to announce the details are as follows:
@Debandez you have my admiration for organising this event. I would love to meet some of the people I have had virtual chats with but won't attend this time. Maybe another year when I have made some progress myself. Hope all your work pays off.:)

Reactions: Terrytiddy

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I did post in the success thread just after I got my HbA1c result in May, I have also been contacted by Dajana but not heard from anyone since.
I do feel amazing, so many people are taken aback when they see me now, they all want to know the secret, I tell everyone who asks about LCHF.
I met up with my daughters on Saturday, we had a beach day which was lovely, my eldest daughter said she doesn’t remember seeing me “this small”, obviously I have been smaller than I am currently but she’s right, she was probably too young to remember or indeed notice, that was such a boost and made me smile even more.

It may take a little time before they get to you, they seem very busy at the moment which to me is a good thing :) I'm the same about LCHF, I'm thinking of recording my message and just playing it as I walk around on repeat! You never know who might be listening. I bet you daughters are extremely proud of you. Bet you even wore a 2 piece on the beach!

Reactions: Prem51

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez you have my admiration for organising this event. I would love to meet some of the people I have had virtual chats with but won't attend this time. Maybe another year when I have made some progress myself. Hope all your work pays off.:)

There is a space for you if you would like to join us @ianpspurs :) I can see that you have made excellent progress just by looking at your signature. Not only have you helped yourself but you help so many othes too along your journey. You are always there with a reply to lift someone......or even just to reply.

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Brilliant Jayney! 5stone!
Hope that last tiny bit disappears quickly, you are obviously doing all the right things.
Looking forward to meeting you next year!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It may take a little time before they get to you, they seem very busy at the moment which to me is a good thing :) I'm the same about LCHF, I'm thinking of recording my message and just playing it as I walk around on repeat! You never know who might be listening. I bet you daughters are extremely proud of you. Bet you even wore a 2 piece on the beach!
I’m sure I will hear when they are ready. Haha not quite a bikini bod yet, not in public anyway :)
Yes I think my daughters are proud of me.
Brilliant idea perhaps we should all record a message about LC and have it played in shopping malls etc, subliminal messaging, might even reach some health care professionals that way x

Reactions: millenium

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a space for you if you would like to join us @ianpspurs :) I can see that you have made excellent progress just by looking at your signature. Not only have you helped yourself but you help so many othes too along your journey. You are always there with a reply to lift someone......or even just to reply.

Completely agree - you are a real tonic @ianpspurs.