Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Had diabetic review yesterday. All good. BP decided to do the white coat thing and went up. Was going to take me off the diabetic register but said since I had BDR in one eye I still wanted it done. So no need for a monitor but explained I could not of reversed my diabetes without it. Anyway happy that all was well.
Fantastic news and BDR or no such gorgeous eyes - I can tell over the net - @JanetMcDowell My meter showed 5.4 today at some stage I may find out what my body was actually doing. Take care guys (generic term so gender fascists stand down)

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Had diabetic review yesterday. All good. BP decided to do the white coat thing and went up. Was going to take me off the diabetic register but said since I had BDR in one eye I still wanted it done. So no need for a monitor but explained I could not of reversed my diabetes without it. Anyway happy that all was well.

You are doing great dear

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
a mighty 11 at 0600

Hi @Adrian_Mills71 And welcome to this amazing forum that will help you get your blood sugars under control. Firstly I will tag @daisy1 in who will then send you some invaluable info. I see you have a monitor. Fantastic start. This was the greatest investment I ever made. You will see instantly which foods work for you and which don't by testing Just before you start eating and 2 hours later. Any questions and just fire away.

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.2 with glucomen LX2
3.9 with Accuchek performa Nano
3.8 with Cofoe medical (my trusty Chinese eBay find)
All with the same blood sample @06:10
The Glucomen LX always runs a bit high, but I don't know how high.
I get checked with fructosamine not HbA1c, tests at the Dr's. (Abnormal Haemoglobin) So between a conversion chart that adds more confusion into the mix, and never seeing identical readings on any 2 meters, I stick strictly to Dr Richard Bernstein's guide and hope for the best .