Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, looks like another lovely day in store, weather wise.
5.7 this morning, it may even have been a tad lower as this was half an hour after getting up, I kind of got distracted trying to decide about going back into work or not.
Hope everyone who is poorly makes a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

JanetMcDowell

5.9 this morning. Not bad since I ate 2 scones yesterday. Mr McD. Is progressing nicely and back to his interfering self. Echocardiogram was ok. Feel his cardiac event was secondary due to sepsis. Has to go for exercise ECG on Friday and more blood tests for PSA levels. All the drugs he was on for the heart protocol have been stopped due to extreme breathlessness and no ill effects since stopping them just a welcome improvement in his breathing. Thanks for asking Ian and much appreciated.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure where all this came from. 4.50 wake again, 1 kg+ weight gain in a day and fbg 5.9. Bizarre. That's all plans and menu for today scrapped.

Not sure whether ‘like’ is appropriate but you seem to have a plan B- hope it goes to plan.

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 this morning. Not bad since I ate 2 scones yesterday. Mr McD. Is progressing nicely and back to his interfering self. Echocardiogram was ok. Feel his cardiac event was secondary due to sepsis. Has to go for exercise ECG on Friday and more blood tests for PSA levels. All the drugs he was on for the heart protocol have been stopped due to extreme breathlessness and no ill effects since stopping them just a welcome improvement in his breathing. Thanks for asking Ian and much appreciated.
#sconegate turned out well and Mr McD seems to be doing well. The explanation of sepsis side effects makes sense and the better breathing without drugs is good. One senses you may be pleased with his recovery but less enamoured by loss of dominion over McD towers:angelic:

Reactions: JanetMcDowell