Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

a chilly 5'C this morning here, bought a new hat for the winter yesterday ;)

hope your day goes well :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today

Heres my little bit of chat:

My social media post this morning copied and pasted.

Travelling to London and back in a day! I had forgotten that there were 2 x 6 clocks in a day! This one isn't boding well with my eyes that's for sure! This particular day trip required a very early start. Didn't sleep much as didn't want to over sleep!!!

I've been invited to tell my story about how I've reversed my diabetes to a national magazine, complete with photoshoot. (Thanks to DCUK PR team) Glam photoshoot they called it. 'Are you ok with sparkle' they said 'sparkle is my middle name' i replied. I wish it was an overnight, i could have shown them my diamante and sequin dressing gown .

Not sure I can say which one but can say which it isn't and there is absolutely no connection with one of Adele's hits! All expenses paid . I even get lunch thrown in (Not literally I'm hoping!). Not sure it will be low carb though so this could end up being a day of fasting which isn't a bad thing after what I ate yesterday. Hoping to meet up with @Goonergal at some point if my itinerary permits. Not having done anything like this before I'm absolutely clueless.

I'm a little nervous but very excited to spread the word that type 2 diabetes can be controlled and put into remission with the right food choices. Lowering sugar intake isn't enough (the advice given in general). Lowering carbs and sugar is.

Give me that microphone!!!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today

Travelling to London and back in a day! I had forgotten that there were 2 x 6 clocks in a day! This one isn't boding well with my eyes that's for sure! This particular day trip required a very early start. Didn't sleep much as didn't want to over sleep!!!

I've been invited to tell my story about how I've reversed my diabetes to a national magazine, complete with photoshoot. (Thanks to DCUK PR team) Glam photoshoot they called it. 'Are you ok with sparkle' they said 'sparkle is my middle name' i replied. I wish it was an overnight, i could have shown them my diamante and sequin dressing gown .

Not sure I can say which one but can say which it isn't and there is absolutely no connection with one of Adele's hits! All expenses paid . I even get lunch thrown in (Not literally I'm hoping!). Not sure it will be low carb though so this could end up being a day of fasting which isn't a bad thing after what I ate yesterday. Hoping to meet up with @Goonergal at some point if my itinerary permits. Not having done anything like this before I'm absolutely clueless.

I'm a little nervous but very excited to spread the word that type 2 diabetes can be controlled and put into remission with the right food choices. Lowering sugar intake isn't enough (the advice given in general). Lowering carbs and sugar is.

Wow, what a fantastic opportunity and you are definitely the right lady for the job. Hope you have a fab time and enjoy the glitter and sparkle element, you are a girl after my own heart. xx

Down-Jai 001

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 today

Hi
I am very please for you .The low carb seems to work but not enough to reverse it.
I am not type 1 nor 2 but MODY. There is not enough PEOPLE with this kind of diabetes for the researchers to find out more.

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I am very please for you .The low carb seems to work but not enough to reverse it.
I am not type 1 nor 2 but MODY. There is not enough PEOPLE with this kind of diabetes for the researchers to find out more.
It's more of a remission I agree. Controlling BS. That said my sister reversed hers but that was with a gastric bypass.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow, what a fantastic opportunity and you are definitely the right lady for the job. Hope you have a fab time and enjoy the glitter and sparkle element, you are a girl after my own heart. xx
I've just been talking to the editor for 20 mins. She was so interested in everyrhing. Ive got all my literature with me!! Phew. She has taken copies. I have some great news to share but no time now!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 woke up late so assuming I’m into dp by now. I’ll have breakfast and ruminate on it.
I wasn't far behind you today, I always find my BG rises through the morning regardless of whether I eat or not, carbs minimal or none doesn't seem to make much difference it still rises until lunch time!

Reactions: DJC3

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
6.9 this morning, still not feeling quite right but then again did I ever, ahem, it's bye bye doggy today so google can reaffirm her majesty downstairs and we can return to the abnormal, I've been considering waddling with the cat but the fool I felt before grinned as I make-shifted a collar so I'm dwelling on it, the thrills and spills of my rock n roll lifestyle, hah, diabetes shall remain elephantised and not spoke of again...well...Increase the peace my lovelies.