Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
4.2 Glucomen Lx 2
3.8 Freestyle Optium Neo @ 06:10AM
I can't wait to finish the pot of opened strips of the Glucomen Lx and be shot of this high reading meter.
I must confess it was disconcerting to see the red pointing arrow blinking on the Freestyle Optium.(indicating a too low reading)

I toddled into the co-op near me on the way home the other day, and they had some short date double cream with 75% off.
I picked up 3 tubs, fully intending to gift 2 of them, to my other Keto WOE friends, and keeping just one for me.
One friend is not coming to the gym the whole of this week. The other just rushed to see her sister who has some sort of emergency.
So, I've had to research how to preserve double cream., Whereupon they advised to whip and freeze,
I've whipped and frozen the lot (I must confess whipping cream at 01:00AM was a uniquely satisfying endeavour):woot:
It also suddenly occurred to me that, since eating Keto, ones meals tend not to lend themselves to elaborate preps.
Now I shall head to the same trusty 'online',:bookworm: and find out what folks do with frozen whipped cream, aside from topping warm drinks.

ian1currie

Hi all , I am in the Process of Diagnose , I have been prescribed Metformin 500mg 1 a day for 1st week .
Tested my blood this morning when I woke up and it was 12.5 , then 2 hours after breakfast it showed 20.5 with ketones.
Still have slight blurry vision, hope it will go once under control.

Reactions: DJC3 and bigjim19

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, had an amazing day yesterday and the memories will not dampen my mood today despite meter saying 6.3 which considering yesterday’s food choices isn’t bad.
Meet Atlas the dolphin - photo attached :joyful:

Attachments

• A9CF4D45-C495-418F-8A6A-6F832AEC7F7B.jpeg
    A9CF4D45-C495-418F-8A6A-6F832AEC7F7B.jpeg
    606.7 KB · Views: 102

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all , I am in the Process of Diagnose , I have been prescribed Metformin 500mg 1 a day for 1st week .
Tested my blood this morning when I woke up and it was 12.5 , then 2 hours after breakfast it showed 20.5 with ketones.
Still have slight blurry vision, hope it will go once under control.
Welcome ian1currie,
What did you eat in the said breakfast, that is quite some spike if you don't mind my asking

Last edited:
Reactions: Geoffno6