Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
I use the Tee2+ but it's all I know so can't compare it
The other is a SafeQ and always reads a point or so below. I've checked the TEE2 with solution and know it's correct so I'm happy enough, especially as my FBG is always below diabetic range. Happy days!

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The other is a SafeQ and always reads a point or so below. I've checked the TEE2 with solution and know it's correct so I'm happy enough, especially as my FBG is always below diabetic range. Happy days!
You're still doing amazingly well xx

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You're still doing amazingly well xx
Thank you. I'm having a bit of a downer at the moment and struggling with temptation to use food as a crutch - I have managed to resist everything apart from macadamia nuts so far - way better that the chocolate, beer and buns I used to lean on!

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
5.4 this morning. My readings have been slightly higher since 'upgrading' to a TEE2+ meter.... Peace and love to everyone this bright morning xxx

Thats interesting Lindsay, because I have just been given a TEE 2 and it shows as a rule slightly less than my Accu-Chek
I do find the finger pricker is less painful. I change the lance ever other day.

Reactions: LindsayJane

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I'm having a bit of a downer at the moment and struggling with temptation to use food as a crutch - I have managed to resist everything apart from macadamia nuts so far - way better that the chocolate, beer and buns I used to lean on!
I have days like this too. I always think, what if I don't enjoy it! I'd then end up feeling so guilty that I've let myself down. Well done resisting temptation. Macadamia nuts aren't so bad!

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
5.4 this morning. My readings have been slightly higher since 'upgrading' to a TEE2+ meter.... Peace and love to everyone this bright morning xxx
At least you're taking that into account.........I don't think the actual meter matters but the trends when using the same meter?

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
At least you're taking that into account.........I don't think the actual meter matters but the trends when using the same meter?
I agree but it's early days with the TEE2 so I can't really tell what the trends are yet. I shall no doubt get thoroughly confused (and turn to my grandchildren for advice) when trying to synchronise it with my computer!

Reactions: Traceymac23

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I have days like this too. I always think, what if I don't enjoy it! I'd then end up feeling so guilty that I've let myself down. Well done resisting temptation. Macadamia nuts aren't so bad!
and they are very tasty....

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thats interesting Lindsay, because I have just been given a TEE 2 and it shows as a rule slightly less than my Accu-Chek
I do find the finger pricker is less painful. I change the lance ever other day.
Lucky you being given one! I asked my doctor about getting strips on the NHS and he respectfully declined. The slightly higher readings make me try a little harder....

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Lucky you being given one! I asked my doctor about getting strips on the NHS and he respectfully declined. The slightly higher readings make me try a little harder....

I am over 60 so think they think I'm not long for this world just give him one.
I can not see how we can really see what is going on with our levels... what effects us for how long and how much without a metre! I can say for certain if I did not have one I would buy one without hesitation and plenty of strips... I always got mine from e.bay.
If you are on insulin you MUST have a metre to know what your BG levels are.

Reactions: geefull and Prem51

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I am over 60 so think they think I'm not long for this world just give him one.
I can not see how we can really see what is going on with our levels... what effects us for how long and how much without a metre! I can say for certain if I did not have one I would buy one without hesitation and plenty of strips... I always got mine from e.bay.
If you are on insulin you MUST have a metre to know what your BG levels are.
I'm (well and truly!) over 60 too but that doesn't make a dfference for me. I'm not on insulin though - perhaps that's the reason.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm (well and truly!) over 60 too but that doesn't make a dfference for me. I'm not on insulin though - perhaps that's the reason.

Yep bet it is... when I come off insulin you can have mine, I live in hope ;)