Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry i am fasting today and have just done my exercise... still have nearly 4hrs left before i eat and have kids and husband (non dieters who struggle to put weight on!!!) To make dinner for... so big obsessed with food at the moment and could probably make anything sound yummy.... sorry folks

Reactions: 2 people

Gingerjan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Gingerjan - welcome to the forum! I'm tagging @daisy1, who will send you some information which will help you make sense of all this (apologies if this is a duplication from elsewhere).
Good luck with the LCHF programme - I'm med-free too and it's brilliant once you get into the swing of it. Youll have those numbers down in no time!
Hugs
:)
Thank you

Reactions: 2 people

Gingerjan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I added fasting to get them down after a couple of days i was in the 3s though that is the lowest i have gone and on no medication... i started in the 20s and got it down to non diabetic levels (though still high) within 2 weeks of low carbing, it wasnt good enough so was more ruthless with cutting carbs and eventually just fast. The fasting seems to have done the job as i hardly see any rise after eating and if i do my body is able to get it down into non diabetic levels within the 2 hr period. I am also able to tolerate more carbs now too... so yes i suffered at the beginning but is exactly what my body needed as tested nearly 10 times a day just to find out what was going on with me. I am now more lenient with myself as i see that my body can deal with it but dont want to reverse all the hard work i did. I have dropped several dress sizes in just 4 months so pretty pleased, i seem to have hit a plateu with the weight or it may just be because i have relaxed a little bit with my eating!

Bgl yesterday morning 5.2 today is a fasting day this morning was a 5.8 so desperately need to fast again and then really get back on the diet (i tested to see i i could cope with some crisps!!!:banghead:)

Hba1c booked so really stupid of me to get tempted now.. must be close to the time of month as really hungry so need to me another batch of my low carb savory muffins.... mmmmmm
Hi what do you eat on a fasting day?

D

Deleted member 308541

I have gone backwards this last thirty days, 8.3 this morning. It could be worse as a friend of mine at the bowls club her readings have blown out of control.

Here's a bit of a fasting graph off of my phone app for the last thirty days.

wZAxMUB.jpg

Reactions: 6 people

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
3.9 this morning at 5:15 am

And slowly raising up as getting busy packing to go home!

Hooray, work is done!

Reactions: 11 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 4.3 :) :) :)
Tinned salmon for my liver dump block and I remembered metformin tablets yesterday too. Reintroduced my morning/lunch injection.
It's hard to remember and keep intense about this treatment regime. Too distracted still. Mid september should be a turning point. I'll insist upon it. I've waited long enough.

Reactions: 10 people

JanetMcDowell

I have a problem with my diet as although I have been able to come off Metformin with LCHF I have lost 2.5 Stone in the past year and look very thin which at first was good but now although it has slowed down it still creeping down. I also have high cholesterol and take a Statin for that. I try not to eat dairy fats because of it. I just don't know what else to eat to stop this weight loss. I am underweight now at 8 st 3lbs

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Thanks for your words Ickihun. You are right of course and my own signature tells me it is the long road that I need to follow.

I will concentrate on staying on track and not having rubbish in my diet.

Reactions: 3 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 6.0 at 0430 today after too much (100g) 70% dark chocolate and half a tub of Oppo ice cream last night.
Oh well it was Saturday night. Will get back on track today and hopefully back into the 5s tomorrow.

Reactions: 12 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have a problem with my diet as although I have been able to come off Metformin with LCHF I have lost 2.5 Stone in the past year and look very thin which at first was good but now although it has slowed down it still creeping down. I also have high cholesterol and take a Statin for that. I try not to eat dairy fats because of it. I just don't know what else to eat to stop this weight loss. I am underweight now at 8 st 3lbs
@JanetMcDowell I find peanuts put on weight for me, unfortunately.