Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
13/8/16 - Morning.

6.2 - Taken last Steriod Tablet the morning - :)

Reactions: 12 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning! 5.2 at 0530 today.:)
(after baked Sole, 2 new potatoes, broccoli & spinach, a lot of Oppo, and a pint of Stella Artois last night).

You're very lucky and I'm extremely jealous that you can drink beer and still get a low reading! I strayed for two days this week and four days and three fasts later, I'm still high at 6.5. So annoying!!

Keep it up! Xxx

Reactions: 7 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After 3 weeks, yes 3, of cold, I am very low but this is no excuse for the binge yesterday. I had to shop as no food in and went down bad aisles - came home and ate crisps, cheese rolls on white and a packet of biscuits.

last night was 26.6 although in the morning was 8.6

So now I am 17.5 and feeling totally disgusted with myself. I just don't know why I do it......
I did the same:bag::oops: and an hba1c coming:banghead::arghh: silly me:facepalm: but just shows just how addicting that food is and how the shops exploit it... jump back on the wagon and use that feeling to help you get control of your diet again... we all fall off accasionally as long as it is only occasionally you should be fine.

Reactions: 4 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well that's interesting as it is indeed the codefree that I am using as it was the cheapest for me to buy...I was using a borrowed one from work which is an accu-check but can't replace the strips easily so wanted my own! Ahhh testing before I get up...I might try that though to be fair I test before I even sit down from coming down the stairs lol x
I have both! Today the accu-chek is higher than the code free... some times it isnt the meter but the strips!

kevin hogg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 but weight stuck for weeks now took off 2 stone at first but now just staying the same and dont know what to do as I am over 18 stone, well over

Reactions: 11 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 but weight stuck for weeks now took off 2 stone at first but now just staying the same and dont know what to do as I am over 18 stone, well over
We all hit a plateu... sometimes just changing something helps either stepping up or down exercises or doing a different one altogether... also changing the diet can help... i fast a few days a week as well as low carb... i walk and some times jog and sometimes just go up and down the stairs (changing the pace is also important like run up walk down or visa vis) just changing the routine can help... hope this helps it did help me when i hit a plateu... it can be so annoying cant it!

Reactions: 6 people

kevin hogg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Certainly is annoying I will try your advice busydiabeticmum, got to get this weight down another 4 stone somehow

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Certainly is annoying I will try your advice busydiabeticmum, got to get this weight down another 4 stone somehow

I fast alternate days for 24 hours and start/end it at dinner. The more I do it, the easier it's getting and I never thought I'd be able to do it.

Currently on day 5 of consecutive 24hr fasts (have to discount one of them as I ruined it with dinner out and overloaded myself with carbs. Obviously regretting it now!)

Are there any more carbs you can cut from food? And are you sure you're not eating too much protein? Protein can stimulate an insulin response and insulin is a fat-building hormone and weightloss comes with lowering insulin.

Diet doctor.com has some advice on plateaus.

Don't give up though - keep at it and eventually it'll shift. X

kevin hogg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Debs I try not to eat any carbs or as few as possible, l have become a very slow shopper reading everything eat mostly veg, but probably too much protein, love meat, maybe portion sizes are wrong, I,ll give fasting a go. Thanks

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 4.6 after my usual insulin injection.
Higher bgs= cravings = higher bgs.
For me insulin = no cravings = lower bgs.
Less bloating too.
No insulin doesn't work for me, for now. I'll reassess in a few months time.
Stability means more than heroism. :)

Reactions: 10 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Debs I try not to eat any carbs or as few as possible, l have become a very slow shopper reading everything eat mostly veg, but probably too much protein, love meat, maybe portion sizes are wrong, I,ll give fasting a go. Thanks

There's a calculation of how much protein you could eat for your body mass - I did mine and was shocked at how low it was! If you google keto meter that should find you one.

Once you get accustomed to fasting, you'll seriously lower appetite and with portions. I went with the philosophy of stopping when full and was shocked at the leftovers! Meant I didn't need to cook the next day though so an additional benefit!!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
After 3 weeks, yes 3, of cold, I am very low but this is no excuse for the binge yesterday. I had to shop as no food in and went down bad aisles - came home and ate crisps, cheese rolls on white and a packet of biscuits.

last night was 26.6 although in the morning was 8.6

So now I am 17.5 and feeling totally disgusted with myself. I just don't know why I do it......
@Serena51 your body was craving substance as your immune system is working harder to fight your bug.
Starve a flu, feed a cold.
I have been where you are at. It's habit to buy these things when under the weather. You're trying to heal yourself, in the only way you know, with goodies. Nuture is fine.
Next time remember your body needs high class nuture not cheap carbs. You're worth it! :)
Ps. Don't accept cheap carbs either. Your system needs a better class of treat. From everyone.
Tip: fill yourself up with cooked veg as much as possible. Always have them handy and cooked or easy to grab for the microwave. Fill up so carbs cannot wriggle themselves back in. Eat what you need. Overeating can be reduced once a good solid routine is rock solid. Take as long as YOU need.
Too much pressure to reduce portion size too soon can be very detriment to your aims.
My aims are never achieved overnight but get achieved. No matter what.

Reactions: 5 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I lost weight by eating salad! It can get depressing looking for something to eat... so i ended up buying a ready made salad (i like the crunchy one) and just add vinegar salt and pepper maybe sprinkle with prawns, chicken fried in butter and english mustard, salmon etc. I make my own low carb muffins when i feel particularly hungry and a low carb chocolate mousse. Tonight i have salad with smoked salmon and i made a mushroom soup with blue cheese. I drink diet coke or diet pepsi though some may disagree, i may also if i fancy have a cup of tea (but not a big hot drink drinker).

Soups may be better because it is more fluid which fills you quicker! (My baby was failure to thrive and struggled to get him to put weight on so i took on his diet of soups)

North africa has many dishes of tajines and sherbas you can try that are low carb and full of flavour (metewem is one of my favourites)... it is so important to enjoy your diet to help keep away the temptation... once you find some dishes you like stick to them and just rotate every now and then to give a veriety. (Hospitals tend to have a 2 week rotation) i have heard apple cider vinegar helps you lose weight and did drink it before i ate... it makes you feel a bit sick so i now just put on the salad.

Reactions: 2 people