Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, I came back from my last holiday trip yesterday and measured 5.0 this morning.

I missed you! :(

Reactions: 11 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have a problem with my diet as although I have been able to come off Metformin with LCHF I have lost 2.5 Stone in the past year and look very thin which at first was good but now although it has slowed down it still creeping down. I also have high cholesterol and take a Statin for that. I try not to eat dairy fats because of it. I just don't know what else to eat to stop this weight loss. I am underweight now at 8 st 3lbs
Up your good fats (avocado and olive oil, coconut oil, nut oils if not allergic, chia seeds etc) and up your protein @JanetMcDowell. Protein fills out your muscles. The older you get the more important it is to maintain good muscle performance. Muscle weighs heavier than fat. Walking is good for bad cholersterol. How high is your ldl cholersterol? Wholegrains are suppose to help heart health, which is also very important thee older we get.
Just tweak for your needs. Most importantly enjoy!

Reactions: 8 people

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
4.5 @ 08.30 (4.8 @ 23:00 last night). By way of contrast for informational purposes, my non-diabetic (ex-GB Judo international) wife was 5.2 @ 08.30 (5.8 @ 23:00)

Reactions: 11 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks for your words Ickihun. You are right of course and my own signature tells me it is the long road that I need to follow.

I will concentrate on staying on track and not having rubbish in my diet.
Fill it up with veg so the hunger monster cannot get at you. It does work. Most people fill up on carbs because they are heavy and it gives them a sense of fullness. Achieve that with veg and protein and oils which suit your cholesterol. Write carbs off. They always manage to wriggle in in sauces or root veg or in low carb products. That is just obsessive to cut out all carb. It has to be durable and enjoyable, for you.

Reactions: 8 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning folks, another 5.9 today. Sniffles are a bit better today as well :)

Reactions: 13 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a problem with my diet as although I have been able to come off Metformin with LCHF I have lost 2.5 Stone in the past year and look very thin which at first was good but now although it has slowed down it still creeping down. I also have high cholesterol and take a Statin for that. I try not to eat dairy fats because of it. I just don't know what else to eat to stop this weight loss. I am underweight now at 8 st 3lbs

Hi.
The key marker to watch is your triglycerides level as that is what causes heart attacks etc. On low carb, ldl molecules get denser and although look like a dangerous increase, are actually protective of diseases.

Well done on losing it all - I don't know if I'll ever get to that stage.

Perhaps you could look into Atkins' maintenance phase to see what is recommended there? From memory I think you add 5g carbs per day each weak, but have never got there so no idea.

X

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.6 this morning, but after a weekend at a music festival and festival food ( ie, fried, or in a bread bun) that's not bad!

Reactions: 16 people

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.8 this morning after a birthday bash last night but stayed away from wine. Another birthday party tonight, but will try to be careful.

Reactions: 13 people

ainiabdul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not having chocolate, it's a darn disaster!
After a series of Bali Belly, a term we use here to describe baaaad looooose stomach :nailbiting:
And (not to mention) little feast here and there while traveling; back at home now - My FBG this morning at 05:00 is 5 :cool:
Not bad at all, though I am hoping to be back to my 4s. :D
Starting to walk again, eating healthy and clean.

And I have been quite successful making a close to bread bread from almond meal :) oh while it was hot and fresh from the oven; with creamy butter. Ohhh, life's good, man!!!

:happy::happy:

Reactions: 10 people