Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a 6.0 despite being 62 hours into my 72 hour fast. Was awake a lot last night and got up a few times too. X

Reactions: 7 people

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
4.4 @ 06:45 (Contour XT) 1 mile dog run a.m. 30 minute variable static cycle in the evening after dinner, no snacks.

Reactions: 12 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
6.5 this morning after a slightly better night

Reactions: 14 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a 6.0 despite being 62 hours into my 72 hour fast. Was awake a lot last night and got up a few times too. X
It takes time for the liver to get rid of all its stored "energy" once it has gone you will get lower dumps to keep a steady bgl... stay strong! That is a long time but it does take a while depending on how much of a store you have!

Reactions: 5 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a 5.4 at 4:30am

Then 5.8 at 9am...

Where have my 4s gone? It could be worse but the only difference is stress and higher bgl... plus 3rd day not fasting so wont get much fasting this week!

Reactions: 13 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It takes time for the liver to get rid of all its stored "energy" once it has gone you will get lower dumps to keep a steady bgl... stay strong! That is a long time but it does take a while depending on how much of a store you have!

I expect I've got stores for about ten people

Reactions: 2 people

PNJB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG 3.7

Not used to seeing such low readings! This low carb diet has all sorts of benefits!

Reactions: 8 people