Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had my dinner around 7.30pm yesterday. 9.8 this morning. I observe that if I fast for about 18hours the level becomes remarkably low to sometimes 6-7. I do have 40mins walk daily. I quit metformin about three months ago. Please urgent advice is needed. Not too happy with the result this morning. Thanks.
Hi @Henry70 did you retest after your "odd" number? What did you have for your dinner? There could have been something in it to send Bg high. I test after 12hr fast and again after 18hrs and find only a few points up between both. :)

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apricots In A Tin, a story Follows reason!!!. Yogurt,
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you expect to be doing, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with!!!

My BGL's this morning at 07.45 hrs were 7.8, which is a .1 more than yesterdays reading, and 1.0 less than they have been for the past week and a half, but I'm still not 100% sure the Low Carb Bread has a bearing on my BGL's, as I had 2 slices the night before last with my tea, so I just need to keep trying to work it out!!?

Last edited:

JanetMcDowell

5.6 again this morning, so obviously my readings are not in any way affected by my emotions,
which are all over the place following losing my Mum on Wednesday. I have managed not to comfort eat so
I guess I have some inner strength despite feeling so sad

Sorry to hear about your sad news. Glad that you are taking care of yourself and try and continue with that trend although at times it will be truly difficult as your emotions in my experience will not stabilise anytime soon but given time you will feel better.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigjim19

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.6 again this morning, so obviously my readings are not in any way affected by my emotions,
which are all over the place following losing my Mum on Wednesday. I have managed not to comfort eat so
I guess I have some inner strength despite feeling so sad

Sorry for your loss Mal37. Mum is precious and she is at peace now.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
6.0 today. Out of my usual 4s or 5s.

I'm on holiday since Wednesday and have decided I'm going to be a little naughty here and there! Yesterday was the first here (it didn't take me long!). Started off quite well with a continental breakfast. Pot of tea. Cheese ham prosciutto and a slice of brown toast with butter. Now normally this would put me up to the early 7s after 2 hours and take bloods out of the 4s and even 5s the following morning but I kept testing every hour whilst on a mamoth walk around marbella and it kept going down and settled in the 3s! I couldn't believe it so tested twice. It was right. So I took the opportunity of it being so low to have my second naughty in the afternoon. A pasta dish! It was amazing and i lapped it up but my bloods went into the 6s on every test after and remain at 6.0 this morning. No cheats today just tapas for me. And perhaps red wine to keep cool!!! Just getting ready to go for my pre ordered scrambled eggs and bacon.

Good strategy. Could be you are walking more and that helps with bringing down blood sugar. Anyway, have a great vacation.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Sorry to hear about your sad news. Glad that you are taking care of yourself and try and continue with that trend although at times it will be truly difficult as your emotions in my experience will not stabilise anytime soon but given time you will feel better.
I struggled today .. in fact I had three biscuits while at Mum's house sorting things. I never eat them as a rule!

JanetMcDowell

I struggled today .. in fact I had three biscuits while at Mum's house sorting things. I never eat them as a rule!

Take each day at a time. Sorting through your Mums things with all the memories must of been one of the hardest things you had to do in your entire life. I would have eaten the whole packet of biscuits not just three. You will get through this.

Reactions: DJC3 and Mal37

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Take each day at a time. Sorting through your Mums things with all the memories must of been one of the hardest things you had to do in your entire life. I would have eaten the whole packet of biscuits not just three. You will get through this.
Aww thanks for that support. It is horrible and even feels disrespectful going through her things.

Reactions: millenium
D

Deleted member 308541

That’s a bit low for Don what you done?
To many of these probably Jim... :D

nzw4v.jpg