Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 today. Out of my usual 4s or 5s.

I'm on holiday since Wednesday and have decided I'm going to be a little naughty here and there! Yesterday was the first here (it didn't take me long!). Started off quite well with a continental breakfast. Pot of tea. Cheese ham prosciutto and a slice of brown toast with butter. Now normally this would put me up to the early 7s after 2 hours and take bloods out of the 4s and even 5s the following morning but I kept testing every hour whilst on a mamoth walk around marbella and it kept going down and settled in the 3s! I couldn't believe it so tested twice. It was right. So I took the opportunity of it being so low to have my second naughty in the afternoon. A pasta dish! It was amazing and i lapped it up but my bloods went into the 6s on every test after and remain at 6.0 this morning. No cheats today just tapas for me. And perhaps red wine to keep cool!!! Just getting ready to go for my pre ordered scrambled eggs and bacon.

Last edited:

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
5.6 again this morning, so obviously my readings are not in any way affected by my emotions,
which are all over the place following losing my Mum on Wednesday. I have managed not to comfort eat so
I guess I have some inner strength despite feeling so sad

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 again this morning, so obviously my readings are not in any way affected by my emotions,
which are all over the place following losing my Mum on Wednesday. I have managed not to comfort eat so
I guess I have some inner strength despite feeling so sad

Please accept my condolences for your loss :(