Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

BJtheexile

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
9.8 this morning but my fault, pigged it a bit yesterday ( for me that means eating about 1500 cal for day at male/ 66yr ). I am trying to remain between 4.0 - 8.0 which I can do but takes quite some perseverance. I think I need to really cut all carbs out but learning to realise which foods contain carbs is a long lesson. Been D2 since 2004 but didn't learn my lesson :confused:. Now neuropathy has hit big time to extent I usually have to use 2 sticks although cutting that to 1 at moment. I used to play Squash until 5 years ago. Oh for youth again !! :cool::cool::)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.1! I’m so disappointed on the verge of crying. I was in the 6s and occasionally 5s last week and can’t understand why it’s so high. Would it seriously have anything to do with aching hips and not sleeping well?
The stress associated with chronic pain like your aching hips could certainly contribute to your raised blood glucose. Your hip disorder may be making your normal positions in bed uncomfortable and poor sleep can also affect blood glucose levels.

Did you mention earlier that you've been on holiday recently? If so, a change from your normal routine can't have helped. My medical diary tells me that holiday periods (like the days between Christmas and New year for instance) invariably push up my blood glucose readings. We're all different, but if I've kicked over the traces every once in a while for a week or so, it takes at least a week of low-carb meals for my BGs to return to normal.

I hope you've enjoyed a cuppa and feel better by now.