Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
Awake again due to pain.
Taken painkillers but once im awake my fast heartbeat keeps me awake.
Tomorrow @tina_marie I'm having a non-invasive coronary angiogram. (Ct one).
In the past I've had an angiogram on my tubes and ovaries in a London hospital and I got off the table very very wobbly. Encouraged to get clothes back on quickly and out for next patient. It was horrific. I had a blockage and damage from my burst appendix. Didn't know I was diabetic then too. I was ill for days afterwards.
I know they are going to give me an hour afterwards this time but the bad experience has put me off. :(
They have to reduce my heart beat to 64 when currently its run at 114-120. I'm worried the iodine ill will interfer with my thyroid too. It doesn't normally like iodine.
Oh what joys of being diabetic.
Since a child I've been in hospital every decade. I wonder what my problem will be in my 50s then 60s? If I get there. Ha ha
This year I want to go in the guiness book of records for the most out-patient appointments in history. I wonder if Ron will be far behind me?[/QUOTE]
Best of luck, @ickihun, for tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks @Angelofthemarches . It was aborted half way through due to meds couldnt reduce my heart beat enough. So I have to have invasive one now. Awaiting my appointment as its an all day in-patient proceedure. :(
Worrying about it. :(
I'm here again due to waking up in pain. I'm afraid to take tramadol incase I overdose as its lethal if you do.
I'm killing time so I can take pain killer and go back to bed. I like to give a healthy 6hrs between 100mg dose. I took them at 10pm so 4am is good enough. Tick tock, tick tock til then.
I know how well they are working as all my pains come rushing back at the 4-5hr mark. They remind me why I need a strong painkiller.
God knows what dn is going to say at my next appointment which is wednesday. I've deteriorated since I saw her last (3mths ago). So much I want to ask her.
Hopefully her scales will show my weightloss.
Is anyone around @tina_marie or @mist ?

C

catherinecherub

Thanks @Angelofthemarches . It was aborted half way through due to meds couldnt reduce my heart beat enough. So I have to have invasive one now. Awaiting my appointment as its an all day in-patient proceedure. :(
Worrying about it.
@ickihun,
The procedure is minimally invasive and you do not feel any pain as the area that the catheter is inserted in is treated with local anaesthetic. You will have the catheter inserted either in your wrist or groin.
The aftercare is explained in this article.
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Angiography/Pages/How-is-it-performed.aspx
I have had this procedure twice and can assure you that it is a simple one. You can opt for some sedation on the day if you are worried.
After it is all over, you will wonder why you worried about it.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun,
The procedure is minimally invasive and you do not feel any pain as the area that the catheter is inserted in is treated with local anaesthetic. You will have the catheter inserted either in your wrist or groin.
The aftercare is explained in this article.
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Angiography/Pages/How-is-it-performed.aspx
I have had this procedure twice and can assure you that it is a simple one. You can opt for some sedation on the day if you are worried.
After it is all over, you will wonder why you worried about it.
Thank you @catherinecherub . Your post is a big help. I feel reassured. The nurse was apologising and saying how sorry she was that the ct scan didn't work. She made it sound a very serious procedure.
I've had one done on my ovaries over 20yrs ago and I was ill afterwards. Not diagnosed diabetic then but probables was.
I told nurse what happened.
With breathlessness I worry about what is expected of me as I'm limited compared to 18mths ago. I'm worried I cannot do what they need me to do.
I'll ask for sedation. Not sure I'll get it now on tramadol for pain thou.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Ron has gone to bed feeling very confused and not himself .

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
He must check his sugar hun. Tell him I'll be very upset with him if he doesn't test before bed. ;)
I made him test this morning , unfortunately it was after breakfast . It read 9 ,he tested again before we had tea it was 4.2. Will see what tonight brings .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Anyone around tonight.

I think I have a temperature from angiogram.
@catherinecherub was right. It wasn't too bad.

Just have minor atherosclerosis (furring of arteries). God knows what chest pains are then. Told to not ignore them, still. I'm finding it very peculiar. Its got me puzzled.

May see gp on tuesday. He might show some light.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Staying awake tonight as Ron has had a bad evening . Although he wouldn't let me call 999.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Staying awake tonight as Ron has had a bad evening . Although he wouldn't let me call 999.
How is he now @tina_marie ?
I'm up with the dreaded thrush. Its back! My bg was 6.8 when I've just tested but earlier I shared some garlic pizza. It went to 17.2. This insulin is far more sensitive but has gone a bit haywire past few days on more food than very little I was eating. Tomorrow is a new day.
Is it's Ron's breathing Tina?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Wow this thrush is back with a vengence!

I want sleep but cream isn't working yet. :(
I'm sure stress related.
Neighbours from hell causing me to have high bgs too. 2 geriatrics offended by my 2 children playing. In their own home and gardens.
Police have been to see them but now doing a peeping tom on the 4yr old. They are sick. They're bored with no life. Sitting watching our every move! Sad b*stards.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
How is he now @tina_marie ?
I'm up with the dreaded thrush. Its back! My bg was 6.8 when I've just tested but earlier I shared some garlic pizza. It went to 17.2. This insulin is far more sensitive but has gone a bit haywire past few days on more food than very little I was eating. Tomorrow is a new day.
Is it's Ron's breathing Tina?
It started yesterday when football was on he fell asleep listening to music , a out 7.15pm his left hand went into spasm. He was due painkillers at 7pm but didn't wake up so I left him to it as he's not been able to sleep much . Anyway 7.45pm tried to wake him but couldn't his eyes were blinking which has happened before still couldn't wake him. So tested his bg , first time I've done it without me shaking . He was starting to stir but not fully alert . His left arm was causing him pain he wouldn't let me call999. Then arm wouldn't move . I managed to get him to bed and kept close eye on him. He is now able to move arm . He also had chest pains and breathing problems angina spray used . Still no results from echo.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It started yesterday when football was on he fell asleep listening to music , a out 7.15pm his left hand went into spasm. He was due painkillers at 7pm but didn't wake up so I left him to it as he's not been able to sleep much . Anyway 7.45pm tried to wake him but couldn't his eyes were blinking which has happened before still couldn't wake him. So tested his bg , first time I've done it without me shaking . He was starting to stir but not fully alert . His left arm was causing him pain he wouldn't let me call999. Then arm wouldn't move . I managed to get him to bed and kept close eye on him. He is now able to move arm . He also had chest pains and breathing problems angina spray used . Still no results from echo.
How are you both?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Just typical. Ron's on meds that have helped with his sleeping and I'm still awake . Oh well can't have it all I guess.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm up due to too much diet coke at party. :(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I may has well drank yesterday as I had as much sleep as I would have, if I'd had of.
Up at 6.05am with little one.
Just taken joujeo insulin and has left me feeling queezy again. It does on an empty stomach.
I cannot take any liquid or food, which includes my tablets til 30-60mins passes from taking my lansoprazol.
So here I am waiting for time to pass. Ha ha
Little one has fell back to sleep.

Hope everyone is tucked up in bed still.

See you maybe tonight as my sleep pattern is out of sinc now. :(

I have loads to do today thou. Luckily 10yr old in tow.
I have to drop some paperwork into town, pick up tramadol prescription and waiting a chemist to be processed. Go to morrisons and lidl.
Well I'd like to do all those but lidl may be a stretch too far. Mr ickihun may do half.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Awake due to pain and overtiredness. Feet are sore and legs/hips and back are more painful recently.
A hurried town visit with impatient partner has left me in too much pain for tramadol. I have to go otherwise he comes back with less than half I need, to run home and personal hygiene needs.
God knows my bg as I forgot insulin before lunch out. Tramadol took late when out too so I'm left in agony! Everyone else is in sweet dreams!
You?