Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Goonergal You Total Star! What a transformation, what a smile!

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've shared the news article on twitter and I hope others will too. More coverage the better IMHO. Anything that puts pressure on PHE.UK is a great idea I reckon. I hope they're really squirming after the attacks on Dr Malhotra.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal -- Wow, what a winner. Thought the article was also pretty good, except for the obligatory drizzle from Diabetes UK (not to be mixed up with this site naturally) on low fat and not cutting out food groups (speak carbs).

Edited for clarity and grammar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal what a wonderful way to start my day, waking up to this excellent article. Very well written and gets everything across so well. The photos of before and after hit you straight between the eyes. Even though ive seen others from previous posts these are possibly the best for showing your absolutely phenomenal results. You look so healthy, happy .....and slim. You talk about how diabetes happens and taking control of sugar levels to avoid the complications and these are spelled out. Hard hitting. Often avoided in surgery (it was in mine 'just take metformin and continue eating as usual, just cut down on sugar'). You got in about struggling with your weight which so many of us have done and were able to take the bull by the horns and lose 7 stone no less! The lc and keto woe including IF plus exercise came over so positively, clear as a bell. The conflicting advice, but you didnt forget the nhs new low cal trials. You even were bang up to date throwing in MP Tom Watsons journey! Stats in there including diabetic range Hba1c. And the very important point that losing weight can sort BP problems too. And so much more. It really is excellent.

Have you tweeted it to all the significants? Aseem malhotra would be very interested as well as roy taylor, michael mosley etc etc. Im going to share away if you dont mind on my social media links. This morning my plans are to create a thread for our PR successes. They are multiplying quite rapidly so need to do it asap! Its fantastic. So proud of you.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! 5 stars and 5 gold medals for @Goonergal

Towards the end, the article becomes a bit misleading to the uninitiated in my opinion, people will think the "balanced diet, low in saturated fat ... and rich in fruit etc" is how @Goonergal managed it. I had to read it very carefully myself.

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
Huge pat on the back xx inspirational xxxx

Reactions: Prem51

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal Seeing this has brightened my day and made me feel so much better. Fantastic article well done you.
You have always been so open, friendly and helpful since I joined and you have definitely been an inspiration to me. Enjoy all the congratulations and well wishes being showered upon you today, they are all from the heart I’m sure and so very well deserved. Xx

Reactions: trick60 and hankjam