Type 1
Treatment type
Other
AD5EDD3C-7B5A-4055-88B5-3132094ABC3F.gif

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Goonergal big well done from me I thought article excellent shame they had to put the last bit in but I suppose they think it’s balanced! Brilliant story very inspirational and although we’ve seen how you look now it’s amazing seeing just how far you’ve come very courageous too sharing your story. You’ve hit the big time ........

Reactions: Goonergal

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Congrats, super, smashing, great!
I'm totally aware of how losing six stone, can alter your health and how beneficial a low carb diet is to staying that way!

Reactions: Goonergal and zand

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! Feeling a bit overwhelmed. Thanks so much for all your lovely comments - this forum has played such a big part in me getting to where I am. Hopefully articles like this will be of help to others that haven’t found their way here yet.

Today has been totally surreal - not just the article, but because it’s been a completely crazy work day that started at 6.45am this morning and I had no idea that the article was out until I stopped shortly after 4.30pm and switched on my phone to find Facebook notifications galore thanks to @shelley262 and @Debandez and now this thanks to @bulkbiker

@hankjam my involvement was a short telephone interview with the journalist and a bit of guidance from the diabetes.co.uk press office but I didn’t get to see what had been written until today.

Will get on to Twitter - just learning how to use that!

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is an outstanding achievement. I do think the last part of the article could have been done better though, if we didn't know goonergal (aka what a gal!!) we might have been left with the impression she had done it by shakes and an 800 cal diet.

caroline_92

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal this is brilliant! Have been offline for a few days with work stuff and just catching up. I am so impressed and think you are a fantastic ambassador for why low carb eating should be the new standard. Enjoy the moment in the spotlight & let’s hope it makes a difference to many others