Website Response times

D

Deleted member 308541

WOW! I managed to get to the forum games section, and post in all of the A-Z stuff with out a holdup with forum slowness or lack of response.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10.25 am. Very slow responses- difficult accessing alerts; slow to move between pages. Took several attempts to even get on to the forum. About 45 minutes ago wasn't able to get on at all.

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Website struggling at 2.30 am, gave up
Still struggling at 9.30 and again at 10.30. Taking ages to load pages etc. This site is an amazing resource for all who use it whether they be newly diagnosed or masters in diabetes, and am concerned as to how many people will give up.

Reactions: Prem51

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Slow earlier this morning but all looks good now, log-in and Recent Posts loaded quite fast.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Slow as a lurker (not logged in..) at 10.40am.
Logging in just didn't happen. (Long wait.)
Cleared my browser history..
Then I got an email notification, followed the link. Logged in via the thread & pretty sharp now with fast response time on all loading..

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I couldn't log on at 0830, but seems to be ok now (1130).

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha ha. I spoke too soon.
12-12pm and back to being slow. 3 minutes ago it was fast. Now I can't even leave this page.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3pm

When I try to change pages I get this message
This site can’t be reached
www.diabetes.co.uk refused to connect.

and anywhere between a few seconds and a minute, the page loads. It isn't happening on any other website, and it isn't my internet connection.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The site is like the M6. Occasionally you get where you want to go with minimal delay, but all too often you are stationary and thinking of what you could be doing if you weren't sitting in a traffic jam. I think enough is enough now for me. Watching paint dry might be a better use of my time. There's one thread I want to have a look at (I hope I have the patience to wait long enough for it to load) and then I'll get on with my life and give the forum a miss at least for a few months.

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Good Morning! 6.2 at 0725 today.

@pleinster I couldn't log on at 0830 today. The site does seem slow early morning, could it be because a lot of us are trying to log on then to post fbgs?

Over the past couple of days, I couldn't even get the log in page up never mind actually get in..and that was trying at various times. I usually post in the wee hours anyway when traffic is less. I got here today ok...but to say it is slow would be an understatement...this needs to get easier of I'm off. No-one appears to offer any real explanation which I find very frustrating. Anyway...let's see how many attempts it takes to post this reply.

Moved by moderator to appropriate thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Providence 62

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
I've had probs too, but please don't leave us. Your comments are very valuable. And VERY funny.:joyful:

I got on today ok...just wanted to to kick something last night though! Surely, the site management team are aware of this issue; why are they not resolving it? The site is great in every way (and I think actually very important) except this. Thanks for the encouragement though. I don't want to abandon it but I am not the world's most patient person when it comes to this kind of thing.

Moved by moderator (by request) to appropriate thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Prem51

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The site is like the M6. Occasionally you get where you want to go with minimal delay, but all too often you are stationary and thinking of what you could be doing if you weren't sitting in a traffic jam. I think enough is enough now for me. Watching paint dry might be a better use of my time. There's one thread I want to have a look at (I hope I have the patience to wait long enough for it to load) and then I'll get on with my life and give the forum a miss at least for a few months.

Awww Zand. It is very slow, but it doesn't take a few months to load ;)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Slower than ever, can't log out.................:banghead: