Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox That is really good news. Dr Bernstein is a big fan of the law of small numbers as is Dave Brailsford with marginal gains (big mantra of mine with A Level students)
Indeed! If I lose 0.2 per week that’ll be 8kg more by Xmas well under an obese BMI, just overweight!

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone, I'm joining this thread in the hope it will motivate me to keep going with my weight loss - I've lost 26 pounds since 15th Dec, first month was very rapid and second month good, but in the last month have only lost around 3 pounds - maybe a bit of carb creep in my diet causing this. So today I'm 78kg/12 st 4 pounds - would like to lose 2 pounds this week as that would put me at a 2 stone loss. Another stone and a half needed to be at a healthy weight.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Well Done Everyone :).

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hello All,

I’d like to join you all please. I have just had a shock, weighed myself and I am 12 st 12.5 lbs, so I have a minimum of 4 stones to lose. I am attempting to eat a LCHF diet.
Welcome @peony50.
I have 9st to lose but I'm not being put off.
As long as we are on the right road and heading in the right direction...we cannot go wrong.
Looking forward to our loss next week! :)

Reactions: Happyhomelands

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I gave you an agree, but what is the blood sugar diet. I also resent ever buying a television guru diet book or package. paying for possible publicly shaming myself on a digital scale

IMG_5715.jpg

I’ve attached a screen shot of the book my GP loaned to me (from our surgery’s patient support group)

I followed this diet for 8 weeks, then got my blood retested.
Results as follows (just got them today)

Weight at start 114.2 kg: today 100 kg
Hba1c at start 48 (technically diabetes type 2): today 37(not diabetic)
BP at start 149/95 (with 3 tablets): today - (no tablets at all this week due to family being ill & housebound) GP said “it’s a bit on the low side - don’t take any more of the tablets”

So, of course I need to go back and remain monitored, plus continue to lose weight, so on advice I’m doing another 8 weeks (having had 10 days off which have made me feel sluggish again) & will see how that goes... but for those at risk of diabetes or those who do not take insulin, my GP says there are no downsides. Clearly low carbs for type 1 with insulin need more careful monitoring to avoid hypos, but everyone else can benefit. I can’t wait to see what another 2 months will look like!

Reactions: Prem51 and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 25719

I followed this diet for 8 weeks, then got my blood retested.
Results as follows (just got them today)

Weight at start 114.2 kg: today 100 kg
Hba1c at start 48 (technically diabetes type 2): today 37(not diabetic)
BP at start 149/95 (with 3 tablets): today - (no tablets at all this week due to family being ill & housebound) GP said “it’s a bit on the low side - don’t take any more of the tablets”
@ToveyKath you are always so positive in praising others so please take my heartfelt congratulations on your results - brilliant!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
this week only 92,8kg ... only 200 grams lost .... a bit down but not much, but feeling much better and more able to control my meals... it seems when my metabolism is too low I tend to eat more, just like if one has had a night without sleep, then tend to eat more to compensate the fatigue... have burned the 2000 calories today (= 110 minutes on the treadmill uphill and the rest burned by lifting weights ) one problem I have now is that having gained a lot besides gained muscle-size my overarms can not be in some of my shirts anymore ;):p:D:rolleyes::wacky:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
this week only 92,8kg ... only 200 grams lost .... a bit down but not much, but feeling much better and more able to control my meals... it seems when my metabolism is too low I tend to eat more, just like if one has had a night without sleep, then tend to eat more to compensate the fatigue... have burned the 2000 calories today (= 110 minutes on the treadmill uphill and the rest burned by lifting weights ) one problem I have now is that having gained a lot besides gained muscle-size my overarms can not be in some of my shirts anymore ;):p:D:rolleyes::wacky:

Sounds positive @Freema - moving in the right direction

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like my reducing my cream intake and making small changes such as using almond milk in my morning coffee instead of full fat cow’s have got my weight loss going again. I’ve also managed a walk each day, weekly average 20mins. Walking round the perimeter of the park at the end of my road takes 20 mins exactly so that’s my walk of choice :)
This week I’ve lost 0.2kg, small loss but significant enough for me.

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 82kg 16th March’18
Total lost = 33kg/5stone 3lb
I've swapped to almond milk with my oats and in coffee instead of the skimmed I was using. Less sugar and tastes OK :)

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @eggs11 and @peony50 - lovely supportive and positive people on this thread to cheer you on your weight loss way.

I lost nearly 8 stones last year - been maintaining a healthy weight since November. I can heartedly recommend low carb eating - but I have also been very careful about fats too. Combined with lots of walking (can't recommend walking highly enough) worked wonders for me - and continues to do so :)

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @eggs11 and @peony50 - lovely supportive and positive people on this thread to cheer you on your weight loss way.

I lost nearly 8 stones last year - been maintaining a healthy weight since November. I can heartedly recommend low carb eating - but I have also been very careful about fats too. Combined with lots of walking (can't recommend walking highly enough) worked wonders for me - and continues to do so :)
Hi @polgaria - 8 stone, that is incredible! Can I ask roughly what percentage of your daily intake was/is fats/carbs/protein?