Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow I’ve been to NY and SF but not San Diego very envious I’m especially fond of SF very fond memories of a family holiday there. We stayed in wonderful hotel with view of Golden Gate Bridge from our room and loved our week there so much. Loved the lot amazingly different from other places in America as is NY but much much more laid back. It was a time while our youngest was in recovery from serious illness and so a thankful and happy time.
I can’t afford to keep replacing clothes even though all my 10s are so loose - especially trousers and now really all need replacing with 8s and have got a couple of pairs but keep thinking I may put a pound or two back on! I was half a stone heavier in March/ April at what I though was my target ideal weight so got all my new size 10 clothes! It’s harder I think because of my cholesterol issues but am trying to keep my healthy Mediterranean type fats a bit higher.....

Sounds like a lovely holiday. Clothes replacement is sooo expensive. The forum should set up an exchange for those going through various stages of weight loss! Sounds like you’ll just have to eat more - the chocolate olive oil cake is quite calorific, so maybe a good excuse to have more of that.

tsouza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good idea...and you will find it encouraging when others are doing it too. Why only Friday weighing in? I
n my case daily weighing has been better as my weight vary so much through out the week...should I weight more 'this Friday than last one'....it would feel quite depressing for dieting point of view.
Once I have those numbers from each day, I have been once a week totting them all up to see what is the average number and I've been following that trend.
Although I'm not on LCHF diet for weight's sake..it is nice bonus if it does go down and each and every pound lost is course of celebration for me:) My progress is so slow that if you don't mind, I would like to stay as background cheerer....'GO ON...YOU CAN DO IT!' ;)

I weigh myself every morning and notice that my weight fluctuates between 58 and 59, and occasionally touches on 60.
I lost 12 kgs five months ago during a serious health crisis and reduction of food intake.
I have been trying to gain a couple of kgs but without success so far.
According to a BMR calculator I need to raise my intake of daily calories to 1330.
http://www.calculator.net/bmr-calcu...cpound=160&cheightmeter=170&ckg=60&x=123&y=15
Can someone suggest how to calculate the equivalence of calories and carbs to help regulate food intake?

Reactions: ianpspurs

Jaz006

Wow. I am shocked at how often people weigh themselves. It's a bit worrying. :banghead: I think once a week is okay. 2lb difference could just be because you need a big wee:). Once a month I weigh more (sorry guys) it's a hormone thing. I am delighted for anyone who manages to lose any amount of weight in this life coz the only thing I ever lose is the change from my pocket and the love of a good man. ;).

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I weigh myself every morning and notice that my weight fluctuates between 58 and 59, and occasionally touches on 60.
I lost 12 kgs five months ago during a serious health crisis and reduction of food intake.
I have been trying to gain a couple of kgs but without success so far.
According to a BMR calculator I need to raise my intake of daily calories to 1330.
http://www.calculator.net/bmr-calcu...cpound=160&cheightmeter=170&ckg=60&x=123&y=15
Can someone suggest how to calculate the equivalence of calories and carbs to help regulate food intake?

This might help. There are plenty of others around, but I just knew where to find this one:

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/DietMakeupCalc.php

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow. I am shocked at how often people weigh themselves. It's a bit worrying. :banghead: I think once a week is okay. 2lb difference could just be because you need a big wee:). Once a month I weigh more (sorry guys) it's a hormone thing. I am delighted for anyone who manages to lose any amount of weight in this life coz the only thing I ever lose is the change from my pocket and the love of a good man. ;).

Jaz - I think folks weight frequently or infrequently as they feel comfortable with. I don't believe there's any definitely right answer.

Personally, even though I am very slight, I weigh myself every day, doing my sten-on/step-off routine. I just mentally note what it says and move on. Most days I can pretty well predict what it'll be. Once a week, I do a full body "scan", on my scales, which measure weight, fat, muscle, visceral fat and calculate a BMR.

When I do my weekly scan, I am aking not eof whether I have gained or lost a material amount of fat or muscle, rather than my actual weight.

As I say, there's no correct answer and I have no expectation of you or anyone else adopting my approach.

Jaz006

Jaz - I think folks weight frequently or infrequently as they feel comfortable with. I don't believe there's any definitely right answer.

Personally, even though I am very slight, I weigh myself every day, doing my sten-on/step-off routine. I just mentally note what it says and move on. Most days I can pretty well predict what it'll be. Once a week, I do a full body "scan", on my scales, which measure weight, fat, muscle, visceral fat and calculate a BMR.

When I do my weekly scan, I am aking not eof whether I have gained or lost a material amount of fat or muscle, rather than my actual weight.

As I say, there's no correct answer and I have no expectation of you or anyone else adopting my approach.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A day early to record my pre-holiday weight.

0.4kg down on last week so still within my recent range @58.4kg. Body fat % is down by 0.7%.

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 12 stone 11 ( 81.3 kg ) this morning. Thats a drop of 2 pounds, although i think dehydration is some of that. Have a good week, take care in the heat.

Reactions: Prem51

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks. 72.5 kgs today so a drop of 2 since last week with no fasting involved. I wouldn't say I need to lose weight anymore bmi 21.6 and waist to height just under .5. However, that seems to be what happens instead of any better bg control. BG control is ok but if you don't try to make improvements they won't happen.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all pleased today as maintaining at 8 stone 13 - a bit low for me but importantly no more losing at moment so body setting down again I hope into a new set point.
Hope everyone happy with their results this week and good luck for the week ahead.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening fellow scale crushers

14st 9lb I thin it's down 1 .

Has a good hunger free week avoiding all the nice things on the BBQ'S.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Jaz006 One thing I think weighing daily shows up very quickly is how well hydrated you are. There can be big differences in weight after a good workout the day before and much as some would love it to be fat loss we know that ain't possible. Rehydrate then weigh again next day. Just my opinion on the benefits but we all have to deal with these things our own way - or weigh

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

Jaz006

@Jaz006 One thing I thing weighing daily shows up very quickly is how well hydrated you are. There can be big differences in weight after a good workout the day before and much as some would love it to be fat loss we know that ain't possible. Rehydrate then weigh again next day. Just my opinion on the benefits but we all have to deal with these things our own way - or weigh

I guess I've worked with young people for a long time and have therefore learnt weighing yourself too much is not good thing... for your mental health and self confidence. (Body image). But hey each to their own.

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 12 stone 11 ( 81.3 kg ) . No change. I am happy with that. It takes a bit of time to make a new setpoint. .i.e if you have some quick weight loss, it takes some time to make it stick. Have a great week.