Weekly weigh in - Fridays

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
46.2kg. 7st 3lb This morning.
Blaming confinement. Ran out of suitable snacks days ago.
MrSlim took all the unsuitable ones with him when he left to work in UK (Insisted he did) Cant believe that was a month ago!
Trying to make food last, almost certainly eating a bit less. Not snacking for a start.
Then there was the flash flood, so lot of hard physical work shovelling mud from outbuildings. Its mostly cleared up, but still trying to get the vegetable beds back into production. Massive stress all round really, which presumably burns calories as well.

I am getting perilously close to my lowest ever adult weight.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
56.7 today which is nearly 1kg down on last week. Very happy with that. I don’t like to go over 57kg now ( I used to be a fair bit heavier) but know how easily it can creep up.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You are doing brilliantly. 1/2kg is 1.1lb or do you mean between 1-2kg? Mind u still less than 2.2lb which for me can be a watch or heavy bangle/bracelet. I wish I was your weight rather than my 96kgs. Can we swop?

Yes 1/2kg so 1.1lb I always used to think in stones, but now I think In Kg for body weight - maybe because that’s how the HCPs measure now.
I know what you mean about a bit of jewellery or even a thick pair of socks making a difference. I always make sure I’ve been to the loo before weighing too!
I think you are doing marvellously, your determination and ‘can do’ attitude are really inspirational. Wherever you are aiming for I know beyond doubt that you will get there.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes 1/2kg so 1.1lb I always used to think in stones, but now I think In Kg for body weight - maybe because that’s how the HCPs measure now.
I know what you mean about a bit of jewellery or even a thick pair of socks making a difference. I always make sure I’ve been to the loo before weighing too!
I think you are doing marvellously, your determination and ‘can do’ attitude are really inspirational. Wherever you are aiming for I know beyond doubt that you will get there.
Your post has reminded me of how 90% of the time I'm going for my new aims in life. I must admit this virus seems to hv put a large boulder right in my path but I decided from the start I'd chip away at it. It will be cracked into small pieces then sandy particals. Eventually..

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your post has reminded me of how 90% of the time I'm going for my new aims in life. I must admit this virus seems to hv put a large boulder right in my path but I decided from the start I'd chip away at it. It will be cracked into small pieces then sandy particals. Eventually..

That’s exactly the attitude I was referring to! Brilliant!

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
90 kilos this morning ..not much change ..back at work for a few days after ten weeks. lost a kilo since first day of lockdown.. kept busy most of the while and still got loads to do

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
29-05-2020
45.8 kg 7st 2lb not happy with that at all. Somehow slipping down into 45kg seems a larger loss than the .4kg it is .
@Diawara good for you.
@carty SNAP, but you are going the right way, Hooray .

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well I would have liked to report no change again this week but unfortunately at 76 Kg it seems I have put on 1.5 Kg somehow.:banghead:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
46.6kg this week
7st 4lb
Shopping trip, resupplied with eggs, cream and cheese. But giving in to toast craving, several times, probably explains sharp rise.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
46.6kg this week
7st 4lb
Shopping trip, resupplied with eggs, cream and cheese. But giving in to toast craving, several times, probably explains sharp rise.

Personally, I wouldn't call less than a kilo a sharp rise - especially when you were finding yourself losing to an unacceptable level. I'd be happy enough on that.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
46.9kg 7st 5lb
Have been making an effort to eat more.
@Diawara Looks like you are getting weight back under control.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
89.4 this morning..
@SlimLizzy ..those courgette crisps look good(on another thread) i miss that sort of snack..

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Losing control somewhat weight has gone up to 76.5 Kg this week with lock down and shielding getting bored and eating more and doing less bad combination.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still 45.8 this is almost the 7stone 2 that I weighed when I got married nearly 57 years ago ! Just one problem
Distribution ! Now my arms are like twiglets with wrinkles I have no thighs, a neck like a chickens but I struggle to fasten the waist band of my skirts and trousers but if I buy the next size up I have baggy trousers ! I am looking for a distribution centre that can help.Any assistance would be most welcome :)
Carol

Reactions: JohnEGreen

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Still 45.8 this is almost the 7stone 2 that I weighed when I got married nearly 57 years ago ! Just one problem
Distribution ! Now my arms are like twiglets with wrinkles I have no thighs, a neck like a chickens but I struggle to fasten the waist band of my skirts and trousers but if I buy the next size up I have baggy trousers ! I am looking for a distribution centre that can help.Any assistance would be most welcome :)
Carol
Baggy trousers here too. Don't think I own a pair that fit. When the weight started falling off, was expecting to put some back on, so haven't bought new. Still hoping for that, but after two years, this might be my new normal size.