Weekly weigh in - Fridays

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Losing control somewhat weight has gone up to 76.5 Kg this week with lock down and shielding getting bored and eating more and doing less bad combination.
Eating AND drinking too much here. Lost nearly all motivation. Jobs list is pretty well abandoned, spending lot of my time reading trashy novels. Considerable drop in daily steps.
Edited to add:
However this morning realised that I might have only two weeks to finish list, not six. That has spurred me into action. It also helps that the sun has come out.

Last edited:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have put weight on but why has it all gone in the wrong place ?:arghh:
Carol

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have put weight on but why has it all gone in the wrong place ?:arghh:
Carol

Carol - In my experience of gaining weight, it will usually go to the mid-section, and not the places I'd prefer, but given a bit of time, my body eventually shuffles it around a bit.

It was the same when I lost weight. It went from all my "good bits", but, again, over time, that sort of sorted itself out.

Just concentrate on not re-losing what you have gained.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Carol - In my experience of gaining weight, it will usually go to the mid-section, and not the places I'd prefer, but given a bit of time, my body eventually shuffles it around a bit.

It was the same when I lost weight. It went from all my "good bits", but, again, over time, that sort of sorted itself out.

Just concentrate on not re-losing what you have gained.
Thanks for that I am really fighting to keep up ! I think that gravity is my enemy I may try standing on my head :angelic:
Carol

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that I am really fighting to keep up ! I think that gravity is my enemy I may try standing on my head :angelic:
Carol

Just keep in mind; if gravity were in play you'd have big ankle and calf areas.

Maybe you need to take up hoolahooping. :)

OK, maybe not.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just keep in mind; if gravity were in play you'd have big ankle and calf areas.

Maybe you need to take up hoolahooping. :)

OK, maybe not.
Do they still make them ? I had one back in the dark ages ,I think it would be howla hooping now!
:arghh:
Carol

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
57kg today, slightly up but I thought it’d be more so Im happy. Now to get a handle on the snacking to stop it creeping up more.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Forgot to weigh, too late now after coffee and breakfast. Will weigh tomorrow.
@carty Well done. I know that feeling of wanting weight redistributed well. It does eventually happen.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
75.6 Kg today so lost some since last time I posted.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been lower carb for 2/3 years now - lost about 3 stone in weight - put a stone back on over the winter - during lockdown lost 10 pounds and have been trying to lose the other 2 and more - but have put a couple back on - do you think this could be because I have gone higher fat in the last couple of weeks???

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well didn't mean to break the thread last week. Today I have gained slightly and am at 77 Kg really got to get a grip.

I blame lock down 4 months stuck in the house has had it's effect.

mymuk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
112.2 kg today, so maintaining the downward curve. I've been losing 3kg a month since starting to restrict myself to no more than 70g carbs in March.

Reactions: Diawara

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
91.4 friday morning ..should have weighed at 1700 hours as i had just had my first hair cut since late february my word it feels better ..dont know how i stuck long hair in the seventies!

Reactions: JohnEGreen