Weekly weigh in - Fridays

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Errant was a stray for many years, half starved when I first met him. Took about a year to gain his confidence. Last winter we returned to UK in our motorhome for a short visit - and got stuck there. After seven months of indoor living, sleep, eat, sleep again, he was very overweight. Now we are back home he has a lot more space and motivation to go out. Better weather for one thing. he has lost nearly a kilo since this photo was taken.
20210312_163539.jpg

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Jogging
I didn't post Friday because I was a bit down.
Without changing anything I gained 2 lbs
And I don't know why. I'm feeling better now.
It's hard to lose weight when some of your
Medicine causes weight gain

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Try not to sweat the odd uptick, Sometimes these blips just happen.

I’ve been losing steadily since late Jan but I’ve had a a couple of odd weeks where I went up. As long as the overall trend is down then it’s all good.

Reactions: DJC3

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Our bodies can do sone interesting things weight gain wise. Water retention, heavier meals, slower digestion… it can all add up and change. It’s easy to be disheartened by a temporary change but it can easily just be gone the day after: the long term trend is what you want. I know in a single day my weight can go up and down by a few kilos and certain foods ( higher carbs) will generally add the weight 2 days later but it all sorts itself over time. Likely water as let’s be honest, it’s unlikely I’ve eaten so excessively to have out a kilo on in a day

see my attached graph, one is my overtime and has a few data points so is bit messy but you can see the down trend, the other is a more recent. I haven’t changed my eating or exercise, so it’s nothing significantly different across time but it fluctuates a lot

so few spikes or major drops, will happen but will get lost eventually in the noise

Attachments

• 4FA4456C-2F0C-4CEC-86D7-3507954188D4.jpeg
    4FA4456C-2F0C-4CEC-86D7-3507954188D4.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 5732A8EC-9F70-42D6-BD0B-E14FA67DF849.jpeg
    5732A8EC-9F70-42D6-BD0B-E14FA67DF849.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: DJC3

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Just a quick note, I used to post on this thread, but stopped some time ago, but I am glad the thread is being populated again and I shall aim to post regularly on Fridays.
Till Friday folks.

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Jogging
Our bodies can do sone interesting things weight gain wise. Water retention, heavier meals, slower digestion… it can all add up and change. It’s easy to be disheartened by a temporary change but it can easily just be gone the day after: the long term trend is what you want. I know in a single day my weight can go up and down by a few kilos and certain foods ( higher carbs) will generally add the weight 2 days later but it all sorts itself over time. Likely water as let’s be honest, it’s unlikely I’ve eaten so excessively to have out a kilo on in a day

see my attached graph, one is my overtime and has a few data points so is bit messy but you can see the down trend, the other is a more recent. I haven’t changed my eating or exercise, so it’s nothing significantly different across time but it fluctuates a lot

so few spikes or major drops, will happen but will get lost eventually in the noise
Thankyou

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Jogging
Try not to sweat the odd uptick, Sometimes these blips just happen.

I’ve been losing steadily since late Jan but I’ve had a a couple of odd weeks where I went up. As long as the overall trend is down then it’s all good.
Thankyou

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
That's fantastic ickihun. Well done you.
Thanks @SlimLizzy. I'm delighted. Just had gallbladder out and statistically my BMI will increase so I'm hot on it. No way am I adding weight again. I take a little steroid via asthma inhalers which I cannot get rid of. I'll look into it soon though but no faddy ideas.
I'm still getting mild chest pain when I low carb too strickly. So I'm careful.
I met my new GP yesterday. Poor man lol I'll be careful not to overload him. He's delighted with my weight loss and my healing after laparscopic cholecystectomy. He's delighted with my organ blood tests too. My anxiety about suspected internal bleed has been squashed. Phew!!!
It only got worse because of being deceived at A&E.
Just awaiting a MRI on my back now. Another period of 'losing the will to live'. I've lost 5yrs of good health mostly due to lack of money. I'm going to try and chill out. Only had alot of abdominal surgery less than 3wks ago. Diabetes nurse calling me for a review today. I'm on less insulin but when I have an infection my bgs go loopy. My fbgs are good again. :) :) :)

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
14st 13. Just scraped in at the top end of 14 stone lol :). Looks like 2 pound a week weight loss so happy with that. At least i am not going hungry on a carnivor diet

Last edited:

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ll throw mine on tomorrow (I know it says Fridays but I rarely get the time till Saturday morning). I have a strange feeling it’ll be slightly up though. Hopefully I’m wrong.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back down to 23st 4.5lbs from 23st 6lbs last week. I had hoped to get to 23st for my birthday next week but last week's 1.75lb rise has put paid to that, I think. Still, a loss is a loss.

Didn't quite get to the magical 23st mark today, but down another 3lb to 23st 1.5lbs so I will take that. Turns out that rise was just enough to scupper me from hitting my mark!

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Didn't quite get to the magical 23st mark today, but down another 3lb to 23st 1.5lbs so I will take that. Turns out that rise was just enough to scupper me from hitting my mark!

Hey! Any downward direction is great!

Even the odd up-tick isn’t a killer as long as it’s an aberration.

3lb is a great number.

As a person who lost the weight fast (I was close to your weight to start with and have lost 6st in just under 6 months) I can tell you the turkey neck situation is real! Lol!

Reactions: SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.30am FBG 5.4
Weight 51.6kg I have got better control of myself this week, less depressed and less over/inappropriate eating so weight is returning to normal.
Errant 4.1kg this morning, despite still having the same amount of food. He seemed so hungry - I didn't have the will to cut his rations again. However he is gaining in confidence and strength, which is very rewarding to see. Yesterday he actually climbed a couple of feet up a tree... Have seen him looking up into trees for several weeks now, but this is the first time he has made any attempt at climbing. Felt like a mother who's child took first steps.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9 stone 11 for me today, finally breaking through the 10st barrier I seemed to be stuck at. Let's hope it stays

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Great progress @MrsA2 didn't just break it- you trashed it. Well done you.
Round of applause everyone. I insist.

Sugarlisa

4lb off this week so far I’ve lost 12 1/2lb so I’m 18st 0.5lb so I’ve got my mind in the goal to lose weight to get a healthy me and also end of month bloods are been drawn to see if I’m in remission or I’ve failed lol

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
In hot weather I get more water retention. To counteract it I have to drink more water. Strange but true. So far my kidneys have thanked me for it. Ice-cubes are my best friend right now.
You might find one Friday you'll lose it on top of an expected loss.
I'm reluctant to restart more tablets which gain weight..... on top of asthma inhalers and other meds which add weight.
I too wonder what my natural weight would be without meds. Although metformin normal helps me lose 2st. Normally. I'm still waiting for its weight loss benefit this time though.
It normally sorts itself out as long as you persist with the good changes. Just out of the blue.
Where do you suspect the biggest hindrance? Steroids too?

Reactions: muzza3