Weekly weigh in - Fridays

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
60kg dead on on doctor's scales - 132.3lb. And fully dressed obviously. (Less than on my home scales :D doesn't often happen.)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening fellow scale crushers.
A nice polite 14st 2lb this morning.
Polite you may ask, I didn't swear at the scales.
Have a good week.

Reactions: LindaManville

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
A relieved 94.80kgs still. Just had some cashew nuts all day. About to have a treat. Wow! A treat for me? It gets like that when kids are off school. Where does the money go? PreCovid we lived off sandwiches in the 6wks. This year with 7wks off we are older and more adventurous with our protein. Youngest son still won't eat alot of pure protein but we are working our magic... for now.
Lots of people not out in shopping centres or supermarkets.
Anything heavy I order on-line or get older son to put in/out of a taxi boot.
I've reduced basal insulin with on/off metformin. No weight loss though. :( :( :(
Seems I'm back to pre bariatric operation with no weight loss. No added weight though so I still see it as a success. :) :) :)
Tis a success ickihun. Not so long ago you were hoping to get down to under 100kg. You are doing very well.

Reactions: ickihun

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning all, 13st 11lbs today. One more pound off. God it’s slow going! But at least it’s going...
Slow is fine, as you say it's going, that's the important bit.
Do you have a target weight?

Dandelade

Slow is fine, as you say it's going, that's the important bit.
Do you have a target weight?
Thank you for the encouragement!

Long term I’d like to get out of the overweight bmi category which would be 11st 12, so 2 stone to go.

I started 14st 7 at a bmi of 30, 8 weeks ago. I’m so impressed with all you lovely people dropping more quickly! But like you say, the direction is most important.

Reactions: muzza3 and SuNuman

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It turns out that being unwell, having a bad reaction to the pneumonia vaccine and not eating for about 36 hours is a positive?
Down to 21st 11.75lb from 22st 7.5lb. It does mean that I have hit my target of 22st by September, although I am aware I will probably put some back on next week or the week after.

Reactions: SuNuman

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.45am FBG 6.5
This is high for me, perhaps due to having dessert last night?
Or, another possibility, DP.
Woke in the night, bathroom call, but near neighbours had been partying and music was still playing. Quietly, could only hear the beat, but disturbing. Am now of the opinion they forgot to turn it off as was still playing until few mins ago. So had been up for several hours before testing FBG
Weight 51.3kg up a bit.
Errant is weighing at 4.1kg this week.
Has been stable for several weeks. But i still think he needs to lose a bit more. MrSlim and I are booked for a short visit to the UK next week so a neighbour will be feeding him.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
79.3kg (1.1kg lost this week) Pretty happy having hit my short-term goal of of breaking 80kg. Goals have been in 5kg lots. This last 5kg took 9 weeks. Next goal is 74.8kg which is the very top end of normal BMI

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I will always use yogart now. These antibiotics need to be on an empty stomach 2hrs after food and no food/yogart for an hour of taking. However after my vomiting session again today I think yogart might be more advisable. Thanks for support. :)

Even though some pills should be taken on an empty stomach, I figure that it is better for me to get them down albeit with a tiny amount of food (one or two tsp yoghurt depending on how many pills).

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Weighed myself on Friday, but forgot to post. 17 st 11/2 lb. That's about 1 lb down on last week, but still higher than the week before. Not great, but better than up even further.

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
14 stone 2 this week. Down 4 pounds a bit more than usual. I have noticed a change in my end of day bloods this past 4 days. I have not changed anything i eat and i dont cheat. My bloods were around 5.5 to 6.5 at the end of the day eating 3 times a day. I was under alot of stress for 3 days and noticed at the end of day it was upto almost 8 which is high for me and not where i want to be

So i left a meal out for the past 3 days and just ate morning and night and the bloods are back to 5.5 to 6.5 again even with the extra stress. Now i am feeling better going to try and see how it goes today eating 3 meals

I suppose what i am asking is, has anyone on the carnivor diet just reached a point they had to eat less to keep there BS curve as flat as possible :). I am also down 3 stone todate and maybe i just need to eat a bit less meat

S.girl

Hi,
New this this
I’m 58 kilo on my scale and 60 on drs
I’m trying to loose weight with no joy.
Just been put on a injection once a week to help my sugar levels.
Kindest regards
Debbie

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Even though some pills should be taken on an empty stomach, I figure that it is better for me to get them down albeit with a tiny amount of food (one or two tsp yoghurt depending on how many pills).
Thanks @Annb. I've managed to get my course of antibiotics down and it looks like it's resolved my infection in one of my incisons. So thank you for the advice :) :) :)

Reactions: Dandelade

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi all! Hope everyone is well.
I'll start out this week with a
2lb loss

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
14 stone 4 so put 2 lb on this week. First time in 3 months i put some weight on. Not sure what it was that i put on as i am doing carnivor diet :), might have to adjust my diet as i still need to lose about another stone some how

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening fellow scale crushers.

A 14st 0lb for me this morning, a marginal drop. As the pop group titled one of their songs " the long run " maybe in a years time I might be typing about 13st 7lb your guess.
Have a great day all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Annb