Weekly weigh in - Fridays

elleyouer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I decided to get myself some digital scales. ( in a big denial about how much I weighed)
My scales for some reason will give me different reading I normally go for the 2nd reading which is lower …I do double check and it’s normally the lower figure. I don’t know why my scales would do that

9/7/2021 weighed in 80kg
17/7/2021 weighed in78.6kg
22/7/2021 weighed in 78.1kg
28/7/2021 weighed in 77.3kg
3/8/2021 weighed in 76.9kg

Mine are the same. 2nd reading always 2kg lower.

Reactions: Sandy-55

danziger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late to the thread but I gained a pound, seem to be losing and gaining the same pound on alternate weeks. Was hoping cutting carbs would be enough but might have to start counting them.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
A couple of weeks ago I was 17st.21/2lb. Today I weighed 16st.8lb. Had a few upset stomachs in the last couple of weeks, so have only had breakfasts of bacon and eggs and nothing else for the rest of the days. Unintentional slimming, but it works. Not that you can see any difference. If my stomach settles, I might put it all back on.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm a bit concerned as the antibiotics keep getting stuck in my gullet. They are like horse pills. Swollowing with loads of water but not much help. They are giving me the munchies too. God knows what ingredients are giving me carb like effect on me? Loads of E numbers hence awake at this time of night.
God help my weigh-in result on Friday!! Gulp!!!!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a bit concerned as the antibiotics keep getting stuck in my gullet. They are like horse pills. Swollowing with loads of water but not much help. They are giving me the munchies too. God knows what ingredients are giving me carb like effect on me? Loads of E numbers hence awake at this time of night.
God help my weigh-in result on Friday!! Gulp!!!!

I always have a problem swallowing pills - any size at all. Tiny ones stick on the soft palette at the back of my mouth and bigger ones stick in my throat. Lauberflote suggested that I should take them with yoghurt, which I have done with great success ever since. Perhaps that would help? In my case, everything that is not liquid-ish sticks in my throat so has to be followed by a drink or something the consistency of yoghurt.

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
14.6 stone. Lost another 2 pound :) Starting to wonder where my weight will end up, after years of inactivity due to athritis and trying to lug a couple of extra stone around i dont think theres much left of me under all this fat lol. At least i dont run outta gas when i go for a walk now :)

Reactions: Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
17st. 2lb. this morning. Almost back to where I was 2 weeks ago after dropping below 17st. last week. Still only managed one meal most days - and upset stomach most of the week, one way and another, although I did have one big meal of vegetables a couple of days ago. But only fluid most of the day yesterday (included 2 glasses of milk, so that wouldn't help).

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening fellow scale crushers.

14st 3lb, if you would like my weight in metric units please move to the continent :) .

Not a great deal of change in my weight, but I shall not beat myself up over it

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Today I weighed in at 0.0747997 of a Ton now that's not very heavy at all is it? ;)

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The previously worried about holiday bounce did not materialise, and I am pleased to announce that I am down to 22st 7.5lbs which means I will be taking dead aim at another 2.5lb off next week to get me to the 2 stone off mark since diagnosis 6th June. Been a bit slower going the second stone, but my target of 22st by first weigh in of September is still a possibility (if not necessarily likely).

Reactions: 1970clea

Dandelade

Hiya,

Alright, inspired with everyone, I’m in with the weigh ins! I started at 14 stone 7 pounds. Today 13st 12lbs. Down one pound from last week but hey slow and steady I’m hoping will stay off and be sustainable.

Plus not calorie counting and just concentrating on managing blood sugar, tweaking as I go to make as sustainable as possible.

Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 1970clea

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A relieved 94.80kgs still. Just had some cashew nuts all day. About to have a treat. Wow! A treat for me? It gets like that when kids are off school. Where does the money go? PreCovid we lived off sandwiches in the 6wks. This year with 7wks off we are older and more adventurous with our protein. Youngest son still won't eat alot of pure protein but we are working our magic... for now.
Lots of people not out in shopping centres or supermarkets.
Anything heavy I order on-line or get older son to put in/out of a taxi boot.
I've reduced basal insulin with on/off metformin. No weight loss though. :( :( :(
Seems I'm back to pre bariatric operation with no weight loss. No added weight though so I still see it as a success. :) :) :)

Reactions: LindaManville

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I always have a problem swallowing pills - any size at all. Tiny ones stick on the soft palette at the back of my mouth and bigger ones stick in my throat. Lauberflote suggested that I should take them with yoghurt, which I have done with great success ever since. Perhaps that would help? In my case, everything that is not liquid-ish sticks in my throat so has to be followed by a drink or something the consistency of yoghurt.
I will always use yogart now. These antibiotics need to be on an empty stomach 2hrs after food and no food/yogart for an hour of taking. However after my vomiting session again today I think yogart might be more advisable. Thanks for support. :)

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
80.4 kg (.8kg loss this week)