ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Same as last week 93.4kgs. Must keep up use of docusate sodium. I'm finding quinine use a help with lower bgs, ironically. Surprising medication which hasn't weight gain as a side effect.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Both MrSlim and I are devasted to lose our little friend.
Errant adopted me and was my sole companion during the first lockdown, when MrSlim was called back to UK to help during the covid crisis.
When MrSlim returned the Scaredy Cat adapted to another person and became MrSlims friend.
We could not leave him to fend for himself, nor expect a neighbour to look after him for months, so Errant travelled to the UK with us last year in October. We had thought to return to Normandy after Christmas, but covid restrictions meant we were trapped in the UK until may. During this time we mostly lived in a motorhome. As you can imagine living in such close quarters we developed very strong bonds.
On returning to Normandy Errant was instantly once more at home - although he had to exert his authority over other cats who had usurped his tiny territory.
We were all happy until the end of September when Errant lost his voice. The vet thought it an infection and he had antibiotics, which brightened him up, but his voice diminished to a whisper. Back to the vet, xrays revealed he had been shot. One of the pellets was close to his voicebox and an operation attempting to remove it would be difficult for the vet and dangerous for the cat. More antibiotics were prescribed.
However Errant went rapidly downhill, stopped eating and was obviously in distress.
Errant died of suspected lead poisioning two days ago.
Considering that he had lost his voice, how is it that the house is so quiet without him?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Errant adopted me and was my sole companion during the first lockdown, when MrSlim was called back to UK to help during the covid crisis.
When MrSlim returned the Scaredy Cat adapted to another person and became MrSlims friend.
We could not leave him to fend for himself, nor expect a neighbour to look after him for months, so Errant travelled to the UK with us last year in October. We had thought to return to Normandy after Christmas, but covid restrictions meant we were trapped in the UK until may. During this time we mostly lived in a motorhome. As you can imagine living in such close quarters we developed very strong bonds.
On returning to Normandy Errant was instantly once more at home - although he had to exert his authority over other cats who had usurped his tiny territory.
We were all happy until the end of September when Errant lost his voice. The vet thought it an infection and he had antibiotics, which brightened him up, but his voice diminished to a whisper. Back to the vet, xrays revealed he had been shot. One of the pellets was close to his voicebox and an operation attempting to remove it would be difficult for the vet and dangerous for the cat. More antibiotics were prescribed.
However Errant went rapidly downhill, stopped eating and was obviously in distress.
Considering that he had lost his voice, how is it that the house is so quiet without him?
Oh @SlimLizzy how sad. Poor Errant, poor you

Dandelade

Oh I’m so sorry for Errant and you both.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Happy Saturday morning fellow scale crushers.

14st 2lb this morning on those devious bathroom scales, they seem to be joining forces with my blood sugar meter grrrrrr

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Jogging
I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost our lovely dog this year
And his presence is very missed. We feel him around us
But it is so quiet

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay… to show how much weight can fluctuate and how one poor week can make a difference but isn’t a showstopper

back off a weeks holiday so Saturday: 80.6kg. An increase of 4.3kg in a week or thereabouts (?!!)

Sunday: 77.95kg, a drop of 2.65kg overnight but still overall more than I want. So, all in all still an increase over what I was happy with and a bit of work to get back towards the 73.5kg that was my average for so long. I had crept up a bit but also had been going to the gym so my end goal may end higher, we shall see!

So, for myself and maybe if it helps others… it’s not always going to go how we want and mistakes happen but we move on and and address it.

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've decided to join in here - after a lifetime of not telling anyone how much I weigh and almost always being the 'fat kid' or 'fat bird' in any group. I lost a lot of weight a few years back and then put most of it back. Since a pre-diabetic HbA1c in June I've been back on the low carb wagon, this time, I hope, doing in a sustainable way for the long haul.

Anyway, 81.3kg this morning. I have about 6kg to go to 'normal' BMI (yes, I know what kind of blunt instrument BMI is and what the limitations are)

Reactions: SlimLizzy

Dandelade

I've decided to join in here - after a lifetime of not telling anyone how much I weigh and almost always being the 'fat kid' or 'fat bird' in any group. I lost a lot of weight a few years back and then put most of it back. Since a pre-diabetic HbA1c in June I've been back on the low carb wagon, this time, I hope, doing in a sustainable way for the long haul.

Anyway, 81.3kg this morning. I have about 6kg to go to 'normal' BMI (yes, I know what kind of blunt instrument BMI is and what the limitations are)
Welcome @Widgets and good luck!

Dandelade

Down one pound to 13st and 1 and a half stone lost now. Low and steady is winning the race. 1 stone and 4 pounds until the top bracket of “normal” bmi so over half way :)

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
77.1kg today which is higher than I want but still an improvement from the holiday weight. 3.5kg in a week, So, pretty sure water weight and So I need to keep on the better eating and keep up the exercise.

So easy to slip but not insurmountable!

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
13 stone in boxers today. Thats 4 stone gone according to my weighing scale :). Should be having my bloods done in the next few weeks. Hope my cholesterol is doing ok on carnivor diet thats the only thing that will send me back to the drawing board for a new plan of action.

Eating twice a day is ok now i adjusted to it. I have one chunk of 90% chocolate at night for being a good boy :). Just got to keep this up for another 30+ years now

Reactions: Annb

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
92.9kgs this morning. Only 1lb or so since last week. What a week. Had severe swollen stomach with pain then it settled to just a swollen stomach. Stomach still extended this morning but lost feelings of when to use toilet but hospital are aware. If worse numbness I'm back to A&E for another MRI on back.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Oh @SlimLizzy I'm so sorry for your loss. I've just seen your post. I know how upsets can affect everything, even weight.
My loss of my only grandmother I went off the rails a little but low carbing pulled me back. Thank god. This forum is a huge help too. Beautiful people. Take care of yourself. Keep posting and fingers crossed for weight not being affected too much from it all. :)

Reactions: Annb and Dandelade

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

You're doing fantastic! You will smash this. Keep going @Widgets :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Okay… to show how much weight can fluctuate and how one poor week can make a difference but isn’t a showstopper

back off a weeks holiday so Saturday: 80.6kg. An increase of 4.3kg in a week or thereabouts (?!!)

Sunday: 77.95kg, a drop of 2.65kg overnight but still overall more than I want. So, all in all still an increase over what I was happy with and a bit of work to get back towards the 73.5kg that was my average for so long. I had crept up a bit but also had been going to the gym so my end goal may end higher, we shall see!

So, for myself and maybe if it helps others… it’s not always going to go how we want and mistakes happen but we move on and and address it.
It helps me for sure. I'm going on strict low carb in January with my 14yr old solid son. It that doesn't help well it snookered as I'm already on 600-800 cals a day.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
10 stone 1 and dropping ( was 14.5) didn't think I was that bad until I saw photos last night of before and now! Hubby has lost 3.5 stone too, we are becoming rather skinny :hilarious: