Weekly weigh in - Fridays

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Jogging
Last another pound. So far so good

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good happy Saturday morning fellow scale crushers.

14st 3lb this morning to the sound of “get off me fatty” coming from those scales. So I stood on them again……

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Up a pound and a quarter this week. Haven't been as active as I would have liked this week for various reasons so although it's disappointing, it's not a disaster. 21st 6 & 3/4lbs

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Didn't weigh this week.
Quite a few things not getting done.
Thank you all those who sent messages.
Errant was an exceptional cat - only the second I have known, out of nine cats in my life.
When the first exceptional cat died the grief was such that I swore off cats for life.
Thirtyish years later along came Errant...
It might be another few decades before I let another cat into my life and heart.

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry it's been a while since I posted.

I seem to have plateaued in my weight loss, only a .05kg last week.

To be fair I'm not too worried about it. I'm just over 88kg at this point, almost literally half the woman I used to be and I've increased my exercise recently so it's possible that it's the ol' increasing muscle mass thing too.

We'll see how it goes over the next month or so.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Sorry it's been a while since I posted.

I seem to have plateaued in my weight loss, only a .05kg last week.

To be fair I'm not too worried about it. I'm just over 88kg at this point, almost literally half the woman I used to be and I've increased my exercise recently so it's possible that it's the ol' increasing muscle mass thing too.

We'll see how it goes over the next month or so.
My diabetic nurse seems to think I need to shed a few more pounds but as I keep saying muscle weighs more than fat - you would think she would realise this! What I want to know is where does she think has the other half of me has gone then if its not muscle :rolleyes:

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
80.6kg this morning, which is a bit down on last week, even though in my brain it feels like it's been a completely static week weight wise.

Still a few kg to go for BMI of <25.

Reactions: MoorT2

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12 stone 13. Just scraped into the top end of 12 stone :). That should put my BMI in the normal range now. Waiste to hight ratio is correct so starting to tick the important boxes :)

Reactions: SlimLizzy

MoorT2

New to the forum so first Friday weigh in for me.

85kg exactly, BMI 28.1.

1.3 kg down on last Friday and a bit of a milestone for me, that's now exactly 30kg in total lost since July 19th (diagnosis day).

Reactions: Widgets

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
No weight again this week- I did mean to do it but the scales had other ideas. An extensive search revealed there are no R2 batteries in the house.
Oh well there is always next week. Or a late posting.

Reactions: Dandelade

Dandelade

Weight the same this week. But I’m ok with that - had a hard week with a day in A+E followed by jumping off the band wagon in a desperate attempt to feel better. Back to it now!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Happy Saturday Morening fellow Scale Crushers.

14st 4lb an increase I think, but as my weight fluctuates I don’t tie myself up in knots, weighing at the same time once a day is enough.
Have a good week all.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I weighed yesterday but having a busy weekend. Tomorrow morning I'm seeing new back surgeon with apprehension on the thoughts of another procedure/operation needed to help fix my unstable back. Humf.
I'm all ears but yesterday I was happy with my 93kgs. Considering 2½ years ago I was approx. 136kg.
I can say in full confidence my swollen tummy is affecting my back pain but mostly on an evening. Most likely I would weigh less if it mushed off. Buscopan helpful but I think diuretic has worn off in the 17hrs since taking it. I'm needing to use bathroom through night again but still no insulin. I'm fighting with my weight to keep it reducing on low carb. I also need low cals too. So I'm either low cal or low carb but in new year I'm going for both together again. Operation will need high protein and OK weight for repair. Multivitamins etc I keep up with regardless. I guess more small cuts to look after may be coming my way. I'll now for definite tomorrow. Let's see.
Hope everyone is fighting healthily. Give those high sugars hell.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Weight the same this week. But I’m ok with that - had a hard week with a day in A+E followed by jumping off the band wagon in a desperate attempt to feel better. Back to it now!
Quite understand that dive into comfort food when under unusual stress. Hope A&E sorted the problem out and all will be well quite quickly.
Well done you for getting right back to LC.

Reactions: Annb and Dandelade

Dandelade

I weighed yesterday but having a busy weekend. Tomorrow morning I'm seeing new back surgeon with apprehension on the thoughts of another procedure/operation needed to help fix my unstable back. Humf.
I'm all ears but yesterday I was happy with my 93kgs. Considering 2½ years ago I was approx. 136kg.
I can say in full confidence my swollen tummy is affecting my back pain but mostly on an evening. Most likely I would weigh less if it mushed off. Buscopan helpful but I think diuretic has worn off in the 17hrs since taking it. I'm needing to use bathroom through night again but still no insulin. I'm fighting with my weight to keep it reducing on low carb. I also need low cals too. So I'm either low cal or low carb but in new year I'm going for both together again. Operation will need high protein and OK weight for repair. Multivitamins etc I keep up with regardless. I guess more small cuts to look after may be coming my way. I'll now for definite tomorrow. Let's see.
Hope everyone is fighting healthily. Give those high sugars hell.
Wow ickihun you have so much going on! You’ve done amazing and are an inspiration with other health issues to continue with the fight (where you can and giving body the time it needs when it needs it). I wish you good health and less pain.

Reactions: ickihun

Dandelade

Quite understand that dive into comfort food when under unusual stress. Hope A&E sorted the problem out and all will be well quite quickly.
Well done you for getting right back to LC.
Thank you SlimLizzy. They did a great job checking me over for the big nasties and there was a hairy moment a mass on a ct scan turned out to be a brain calcification, not a brain tumour. Been referred to a neurologist. Personally I think I’m just extremely hypothyroid and haven’t been medicated yet, so there’s hope it will get sorted.

My family were convinced lchf wasn’t helping, so off the band wagon half because I felt awful and wanted something, and half to see if they were right. Couple of days and nope, they’re not right! Back to lchf it is!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you SlimLizzy. They did a great job checking me over for the big nasties and there was a hairy moment a mass on a ct scan turned out to be a brain calcification, not a brain tumour. Been referred to a neurologist. Personally I think I’m just extremely hypothyroid and haven’t been medicated yet, so there’s hope it will get sorted.

My family were convinced lchf wasn’t helping, so off the band wagon half because I felt awful and wanted something, and half to see if they were right. Couple of days and nope, they’re not right! Back to lchf it is!
What a relief to know the mass is not a tumour and i hope they get any medication needed right first time.
My family don't agree with LCHF either.
Have always been slim and now lost more weight. My issue is normally keeping it up but recent sad events have meant I have been "comfort eating" intermittently for weeks now and it shows in my weight. A shocking (for me) gain of nearly 3kg.
But far worse the resurgence of symptoms mostly absent on LCHF. Which is how i know it's right for me. Trying again but it's difficult when there are many banned items in the house. My husband's nutritional needs are almost opposite so cannot avoid buying bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, cakes biscuits and puddings. (Dont think he really needs the last three - which are the most tempting to me )
Wish I had your self control.
Weight this morning was 52.9kg

Dandelade

What a relief to know the mass is not a tumour and i hope they get any medication needed right first time.
My family don't agree with LCHF either.
Have always been slim and now lost more weight. My issue is normally keeping it up but recent sad events have meant I have been "comfort eating" intermittently for weeks now and it shows in my weight. A shocking (for me) gain of nearly 3kg.
But far worse the resurgence of symptoms mostly absent on LCHF. Which is how i know it's right for me. Trying again but it's difficult when there are many banned items in the house. My husband's nutritional needs are almost opposite so cannot avoid buying bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, cakes biscuits and puddings. (Dont think he really needs the last three - which are the most tempting to me )
Wish I had your self control.
Weight this morning was 52.9kg
Thank you for such a supportive and lovely comment. It is hard when you’re eating different from everyone around you and sounds as if you’re doing a great job. I don’t think it’s so much that I’ve got good self control just grasping at doing things that make me feel better which helps in mind set in not turning to things that make me feel worse. Well apart from the last couple of days where I feel apart!

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
79.3kg this morning. I got bored with not much change on the scales this week so did OMAD (one meal a day) for a couple of days to shake thing up a bit

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
77.1kg today which is higher than I want but still an improvement from the holiday weight. 3.5kg in a week, So, pretty sure water weight and So I need to keep on the better eating and keep up the exercise.

So easy to slip but not insurmountable!
This week 76.4kg so on the way down, but it’s slower but that’s okay, the right pace of travel. It is very easy it seems to put weight back on but getting it back off again… that’s the challenge. I want to be back to the 74kg level so onwards I go!

Reactions: Widgets and MoorT2