Weekly weigh in - Fridays

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12 stone. I think thats the first time i have weighed myself and been disappointed i lost weight. I am now working out with resistance bands and was hoping i would put a bit of muscle weight on :(

Dandelade

Up and down around the same 2 pounds since November but until thyroid is stable I’m ok with that. I can’t wait to be well enough to actually up the activity and exercise too.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
77.8kg
Still hovering around this level. I know it’s a few kg above where I was at lowest but my clothes still fit and I think I have more muscles so maybe it’s all okay… :)

Reactions: Donaldfr

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
72.8kg this morning. I'm going to accept that I've properly slid under the 73kg mark now. Ultimate goal is about 70kg but I'm in no rush for this last bit. Stabilising and learning how to maintain is a lot more important to me at this point.

(Just over 40kg total weight loss in the last 9 months, now at just under 11.5 stone, around 160lb)

Reactions: Donaldfr

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well today I did it.

74.5 kg, BMI 24.9 and in the green

that's 40kg lost since July 2021 with a starting BMI of 37ish

Pretty much exactly the same numbers as me. I still have *no* idea what I look like and my image of me really hasn't changed. I hope my brain will catch up at some point.

CONGRATULATIONS! It's a good feeling isn't it?

Dandelade

72.8kg this morning. I'm going to accept that I've properly slid under the 73kg mark now. Ultimate goal is about 70kg but I'm in no rush for this last bit. Stabilising and learning how to maintain is a lot more important to me at this point.

(Just over 40kg total weight loss in the last 9 months, now at just under 11.5 stone, around 160lb)
That’s a brilliant achievement well done!

Dandelade

I’m the same again this week. I’ve been fiddling with increasing carbs to help my t4-> t3 conversion for thyroid. So to keep the same is alright. Hoping the dose increase this week for thyroid will help me be able to be more active, up the t3 and reduce the insulin resistance

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
12 stone. I think thats the first time i have weighed myself and been disappointed i lost weight. I am now working out with resistance bands and was hoping i would put a bit of muscle weight on :(
I'd love to be 12st.ive followed your loses and you h been working really hard ad deserve this success. You'll build muscle with excessive protein. Which is only dangerous in kidney failing patients I've heard. Keep upbeat. This isn't a disaster. You are on it. Right?!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm 97.4kg this morning. Gallbladder removal with Xmas and steroid injection in back gave me my first add since bypass 2½yrs ago. Awaiting a fixed date for lumbosacrol fusion (L1-S1) and then I may need a fusion in neck. Looking forward to walking unaided and less risk of Cauda Equina effects staying permanent. I did get to 93.7kg with gallbladder sickness etc. I'm back to dietician soon to help me lose more weight. I don't think I'm eating enough but still low carb and low calorie. Might try 600 cals again as not counting cals at mo but hv dizziness and poor walking so I know things can be a bit better but hands full with kids needs at mo. I'm not as focused as I used to be. Now I hv another aid to lower bgs I'm happier with still no insulin. Metformin isn't a huge help but I miss that 2-3st loss from it. I'm trialling a new IBS med which so far is a huge difference but buscopan worked (as long as I take it very regularly). New med works as a slow release it seems. I'm very happy with its help so far. On only 1 metformin tablet a day, if I remember.

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12 stone again so ok with that. Gone up a band and doing resistance training 5 days a week and feeling a bit stronger :).
I'd love to be 12st.ive followed your loses and you h been working really hard ad deserve this success. You'll build muscle with excessive protein. Which is only dangerous in kidney failing patients I've heard. Keep upbeat. This isn't a disaster. You are on it. Right?!
Thanks for that ickihun :). I noticed a while back that my BS levels were rising eating only protein and fats and would end up around 7.0 at end of day and my weight loss had stopped at 14 stone. My morning bloods were 5-5.5 even after 12+ hrs of fasting. I decided to cut out my midday meal which i felt i didnt need and everything seems to have settled down since then. Bloods are around 4.0 in the morning now. I am eating 100 grams of protein and fats a day, usualy less and dont feel hungry. I think by the end of year i should be doing better :)

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
77.35kg today so little down on the week before

Which given it was my birthday last week and I overdid it, I’m okay with all that. Would like to drop a bit more but I do think going to the gym is making a bit of difference for muscle so maybe overall weight increase isn’t so bad

Dandelade

Still the same weight this week. BUT I feel million times better on increased thyroid meds. Stable and feeling good will do for now thank you very much!

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12 stone again :) so happy with that. Started trying adding things back in and going by my meter and being mindful what i do now is such a difference maker

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
72.6kg this morning - though my fancy dancy, all singing 'would you like a coffee as well ma'am' body composition scales claim 71.9. The two sets generally match, except when the fancy ones are nearly 1kg lower.

I'll stick with the higher number because that's what I've been using since last June.

End goal still around 70kg.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
77.05kg
Seem to have hit a new normal plateau but I fit in my clothes and feel okay so maybe shouldn’t overly worry and is a bit down on what was there before

Reactions: ickihun

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Weight now at 46.1
So going in the right direction again.
Bit difficult deciding what to eat at the moment as my liver has thrown a wobbly and apparently high fat is out! Along with generous portions of meat and who knows what else...low fat yoghurt anyone? Bleurgh!

Reactions: Dandelade