EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hypos and forum bugs
And I'm back, after a 5 week trip to the UK where I hoped to not increase my weight. The home scales vare pretty variable, but I seem to be in the 76kg range, this morning 76.6kg, which I'm pretty happy about.

So all the walking done on holiday must have counteracted the alcohol? Back on the wagon now....

Reactions: filly

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening fellow scale crushers, today a 14st 8lbs on those scales of mystery.
I think I need to do something about my weight, yep I was sitting in the chair when it collapsed and yep only hurt pride and a broken chair…
73D0FD63-01BB-40E1-84EB-EAC2BF0FF04D.jpeg

• Hug
Reactions: EllieM and Retanna

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Down 1.6 pounds- 228.5

Reactions: EllieM

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
227.0 down 1.5 lbs.

Reactions: Retanna

homephix009

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
People say, you can lose upto 4 kgs in a month with proper diet. Is it possible for a diabetic patient too. My Mother is currently diabetes positive and she wants to lose her weight too. How can I help her to achieve her goal. Please enlighten me.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hypos and forum bugs
People say, you can lose upto 4 kgs in a month with proper diet. Is it possible for a diabetic patient too. My Mother is currently diabetes positive and she wants to lose her weight too. How can I help her to achieve her goal. Please enlighten me.
Hi, this is probably better discussed on a different thread, though if she joined the forums she's be welcome to post her weekly weight here. Would you like me (or another mod) to move it into the Weight Loss and Dieting Forum for you ? (Or I could put it in the T2 forum if you prefer, and if she is T2). In the meantime, I suggest you look in this forum for success stories on both weight loss and diabetic control.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hypos and forum bugs
My result for this week is 75.6kg, which I'm very happy with, 400g down from last week.

Reactions: MarkyP2022

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10st 6, which was a shock as that's 4lb up and yet my clothes still feel loose.
Still I have been in USA for a month so it could have been a whole lot worse

BigKit

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Not eating Maltesers.
Morning all, I haven't posted in ages as my weight has been fluctuating (upwards I'm sorry to say). Today is the first day I've weighed myself and not felt :-(
Yay, this morning I weigh 15 stone and 5 pounds and 5/8. So since I started slimming on 3rd August at 235 pounds I now weigh 215 pounds which I'm much happier with.
My NHS prediabetes diet coach says I'm not eating enough good fats apparently - butter isn't one of them though.
My goal is to get below 15 stone and keep it there but for now I'm just happy to be below 15 and a half stone.

• Winner
Reactions: filly and EllieM

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
well certainly have gone down but couldn't quite work it out!!!
From 227 to 226.2 so not quite a lb I think!
Suspect too many tomatoes ...

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hypos and forum bugs
Creeping down (I think). My scales are very variable but I had a 74.9kg last night and a 75.1kg first thing this morning and a 75.5 mid morning.

Think I'll go for the 75,1 and say I've lost 5kg since the start of the year. (Slow but sure, hopefully).

Certainly been a decade since I've had readings in the 75s.

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Creeping down (I think). My scales are very variable but I had a 74.9kg last night and a 75.1kg first thing this morning and a 75.5 mid morning.

Think I'll go for the 75,1 and say I've lost 5kg since the start of the year. (Slow but sure, hopefully).

Certainly been a decade since I've had readings in the 75s.
I weight same time same place every week. Even if I weigh a few hours later it is up! If I weigh at night even more :-(