Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
1.2Kg loss this week, so taking 102.9Kg into next week.

Diabetes is getting expensive what with lancets and test strips; new runnig shoes. Then theres the fact nothing in the wardrobe fits anymore old jeans are at least 4" bigger than my waist, had to by a couple of new pairs plus some shirts yesterday. The good news is work provide new uniform as needed..

Worse problems to have I suppose...

I'm losing weight slowly! I'm using belts in my jeans at mo! Pulling tighter every week!!
I just bought some teenagers bracers!! They help hold up looser skirts/trousers!! Not worn bracers since the 80s!!

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
183lbs for me. 13lbs to go: I haven't lost any weight this week, but I'm feeling OK about getting back into weight-loss mode after some pretty serious bingeing. I've gone back to eating 1000 cal or less since Wednesday and I haven't had any alcohol: hopefully, the weight should start dropping soon.

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Licking my wounds from my small add after hormonal chaos this month. Insulin need raised abit more than period days. Will have to remember for next month or 2 months time, it seems.
Hoping back to losing weight but upset tum has detered me from metformin taking. Back to 'norm' today (at last).
Here's to fingers crossed for a loss on friday. Goodluck everyone. ;)

Hated using metformin even SR version was a pain in proverbial!!
Been using Gliclazide gradul increase since August.... Now on 2x 80mg daily and tummy behaving better than even before diagnosis! And BGs now usually between 5s and 9s.... Of I go mad on carbs!!
I try to stick to less than 100g per day even as low as 40g on my best days! So hope to control type2 thru diet alone by New Year.... Next HbA1c due in Jan 2018
Good luck with your diet towards the new you!

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning.

Lost 1.2kg this week which takes me below 70kg and also to the 5 stone weight loss mark (my scales only weigh in kg, but I’m more conversant with pounds/stone so having 2 sets of milestones to track helps with motivation).

Really pleased and getting close to the initial target loss I set - 13 pounds to go!

Excellent! An inspiration to me !! I will hopefully post best weight loss later today after visit to GP this afternoon!
I too think in st lbs and GP gives kgs only!! So I come home to check out what weight I am!! My scales do both but I prefer st lbs old money!!

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry for all the extra posts I made to the thread today! I just discovered it this morning . awake early cos worried about GP visiit later on! Your posts have helped me thru my lack of sleep! Thank you everyone!
would also use a butterfly emoji but can't find one!!
1a21c6c801f4868435d44433dec24e60.gif

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lost 1.9 kg last week. Yesterday was exactly 6 months since I joined Weight Watchers (online - I don't do public weighing ;))

Had a talk with GP on Monday - I'm down to 1 metformin a day now - redoing HbA1c in six weeks time - if that is still good then I can drop the metformin altogether :)

Reactions: Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Drum roll... I'm 119.90kgs this morning (with water tummy).
Feeling optimistic again. I reduced my insulin too much, durr!!
Now better bgs.... losing again. Yipee!
Looking forward to next friday now. ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Sorry for all the extra posts I made to the thread today! I just discovered it this morning . awake early cos worried about GP visiit later on! Your posts have helped me thru my lack of sleep! Thank you everyone!
would also use a butterfly emoji but can't find one!!
1a21c6c801f4868435d44433dec24e60.gif
No problem. We are here for you!

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lost 1.9 kg last week. Yesterday was exactly 6 months since I joined Weight Watchers (online - I don't do public weighing ;))

Had a talk with GP on Monday - I'm down to 1 metformin a day now - redoing HbA1c in six weeks time - if that is still good then I can drop the metformin altogether :)
Hi @Polgara !
Love your avatar! Is that you, hiding behind the sparkler love heart?! :cat:
Hope your HbA1c will prove to be positive and you drop the metformin!! :joyful::cat:

Reactions: Liam1955

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning I haven't been on the thread for a couple of months but after a months holiday in Southern Ireland eating everything I am sorely in need of losing weight as I have put so much back on. This morning 154 lbs!! I hope I can lose it again but wanted to log my restart point!

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
6/10 - Morning.

Suffering with Duodenitis I thought I might have lost some weight? = But, No. Remain at 12 stone 12 lbs.

Well Done Everybody. :)