What’s happened to the forum?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So...

Who's up for joining the campaign for WHOA....

Winner, hugs, Optimistic & Agree.

And let's hear if for the banished ICU.

Interesting, creative & useful, while we're at it :D

(Said very much tongue in cheek, before I get banned ..:hilarious:..)

Last edited:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
So...........you used to see threads already in existence, and on the right you could see brand new threads created.
Now all I can see is new activity? I think it's all mixed together? I used to be able to glance at what interested me,but now Ihave to scroll through stuff I'm not?

Am I missing something? Somewhere that shows it still? New posts doesn't cut it, everything comes up.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So...........you used to see threads already in existence, and on the right you could see brand new threads created.
Now all I can see is new activity? I think it's all mixed together? I used to be able to glance at what interested me,but now Ihave to scroll through stuff I'm not?

Am I missing something? Somewhere that shows it still? New posts doesn't cut it, everything comes up.
And why are we getting the profile posts listed too. These have no context with them abd are pretty meaningless to all except the two participants.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So...

I'll tag this post as a <WINNER>

I definitely want these buttons back too!!!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: jjraak

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
now its gone back to red and will not do blue - I suppose something is being altered at the moment - sigh.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So...

Team WHOA here!

Are we doing a march, with banners and stuff?
I'll be in the UK in the first week of october, it's been years since I've done a good protest march so count me in, sounds fun!

As for the other changes, for good or bad, I have a feeling the tech team are working their backsides off at the moment to improve things.
Let's keep listing the things that are less useful than we like them to be (or that are outright annoying) so they can be looked at and hopefully changed, but let's not complain too much about things that work just as well but take a little time to get used to.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Hello folks!

I hope everyone's doing well. Thanks for bearing with the DCUK team while we update the forum. Frustratingly, these things are never straightforward on the technical end, but we're committed to reconnecting you all with your beloved forum features.

I just wanted to let people know that the following issues are being addressed throughout this week:

1. Forum colour scheme - We're aware people don't like the red theme and will be offering an alternative to choose from! We'll let you know when this is ready.

2. Post reactions - As people have mentioned in this thread, the update has disrupted the configuration we previously had for the various post reactions (The WHOA reacts, as you have all lovingly called them!). These will be added from tomorrow and may appear/disappear over around an hour while we take care of some additional configuration.

3. Unanswered threads - This feature does still exist and can be accessed by clicking 'Find Threads' in the forum's navigation and clicking on 'Unanswered threads' OR by navigating to the following link: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/find-threads/unanswered. I understand that this isn't convenient for most of us, so we'll be moving it to a more prominent location once other issues have been resolved.

In the meantime, if you could all keep on leaving your feedback in this thread we'll make sure everything reaches the team.

Thank you all, as ever, for your patience with us while we work out the kinks! :)

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It looks like the ‘other’ forum now - very disconcerting!

Also doesn’t show newly created threads as a separate list from latest posts - that was a helpful feature.
If you click on the Forums tab, it looks similar to the "old format" - you have the "Latest posts" down the right and the sub-foums down the left.

I prefer to look at the "What's new" tab as a regular viewer to see all treads (new posts and old threads) have had a new comment added.

As for looking like the "other" forum, that's because they are using the same platform software as are many other fora.

Reactions: jjraak

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello folks!

I hope everyone's doing well. Thanks for bearing with the DCUK team while we update the forum. Frustratingly, these things are never straightforward on the technical end, but we're committed to reconnecting you all with your beloved forum features.

I just wanted to let people know that the following issues are being addressed throughout this week:

1. Forum colour scheme - We're aware people don't like the red theme and will be offering an alternative to choose from! We'll let you know when this is ready.

2. Post reactions - As people have mentioned in this thread, the update has disrupted the configuration we previously had for the various post reactions (The WHOA reacts, as you have all lovingly called them!). These will be added from tomorrow and may appear/disappear over around an hour while we take care of some additional configuration.

3. Unanswered threads - This feature does still exist and can be accessed by clicking 'Find Threads' in the forum's navigation and clicking on 'Unanswered threads' OR by navigating to the following link: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/find-threads/unanswered. I understand that this isn't convenient for most of us, so we'll be moving it to a more prominent location once other issues have been resolved.

In the meantime, if you could all keep on leaving your feedback in this thread we'll make sure everything reaches the team.

Thank you all, as ever, for your patience with us while we work out the kinks! :)
<<<Optimistic Button >>>