What Cooking Oil Are You Using?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
im still frying my bacon and salmon,i hate grilled food ....
No one here says you have to grill your food, frying is perfectly acceptable method for cooking your salmon & bacon - we've just been brainwashed into believing otherwise! :banghead: There's nothing wrong with using and eating fats - they supply fuel for your energy and won't raise your glucose levels, unless you eat food that's both high in fats and carbs, but then it's actually the carbs you need to watch!

Robbity

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I use lard for roast potatoes, family love my roasties. Oil............. I use Sesame oil for a stir fries, other oils. I use are Olive oil and Almond oil.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think all the poison about Canola oil comes from the US, because it's GM. There is very little wrong with rapeseed oil (which is what Canola is), and it has good Omega 3 and Omega 6 content.
I think if you saw the industrial process and what they need to do to make Canola oil safe for human consumption, then you may feel disinclined to use it. Most supermarket oils are very chemically filtered and altered to give long shelf life etc, and I do not like using industrial oils. There was a video posted on another thread that explains this process.

Reactions: Guzzler
D

Deleted member 308541

im still frying my bacon and salmon,i hate grilled food ,trouble is im using Canola oil which i saw on the internet stands for Canada Oil ,apparently its a poison
Canola is grown in Australia mate...

BP3815-954x622.jpg

https://blog.csiro.au/omega-omega-3-canola-gets-green-light/

D

Deleted member 308541

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
im still frying my bacon and salmon,i hate grilled food ,trouble is im using Canola oil which i saw on the internet stands for Canada Oil ,apparently its a poison

So I switched to vegetable oil and now i heard thats no good either

So i switched to olive oil until a friend came to my house and was shocked saying olive oil is only for cold salads not to cook fried stuff in and it could cancer ,so.........

Can I just ask why are you using oil to fry bacon? Doesn’t Aussie bacon have it’s own fat (aka bacon nectar) . Salmon I bake in the oven.

D

Deleted member 308541

Can I just ask why are you using oil to fry bacon? Doesn’t Aussie bacon have it’s own fat (aka bacon nectar) . Salmon I bake in the oven.
I microwave my bacon for a couple of minutes, then brown it off in the pan I used to cook my omelette in. The pan was sprayed with a canola oil spray.

Fish goes on the barbeque wrapped in foil.

Australiadiabetic2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i might try the omega butter they have in the supermarkets,

I have olive oil in the cupboard i have never used but scared to use it

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Can you tell me what is a good waist to height %? What is ideal?
I believe the recommendation is that waist measurement (at navel level) should be not more than half your height, ie ideally 50% or less.

bruciebonus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I don't use any vegetable oils. I use animal fats - butter, lard, goose/duck fat etc.
Me too, I import beef fat from the UK into France, you can't beat it, Belgium fry all there chips in beef fat you can't beat chips done in beef fat, it's the best.

david0779

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
negativity and the rain
I use virgin cold pressed coconut
Oil when i do fry any thing but i am on a reduced carb diet lost 45 lb in the last7 months