What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs my thoughts are with you. I vowed never to have another one after the last time but missed the waggy tail when I came home so much I got 2.
@gennepher I hope all goes well tomorrow.
Lunch was chicken bacon and some mixed leaves.
Dinner was pork satay and some bottom of the fridge veg.
Thursday is always use it up day as Friday is shopping day

Viv19

I love my potting shed...it actually has a narrow bed in it which cat and I use daily! It has absolutely nothing to do with plants...it has books (lots), writing materials and more...it is my creative den.

No, I don't eat in an evening. I can't.

It has nothing to do with my diabetes that I cannot eat later in the day.

I have GERD, reflux.

If I eat any later than 2 or 3 pm the food will come back up. Especially at night when if I have eaten even a little something in the evening (even a tiny bit of chocolate cos I fancied it), then I will have severe reflux in the night and I have to sleep bolt upright, and even then I am still very uncomfortable.

I have some medicine for it, which enables me eat earlier in the day, but it doesn't work for later today in the day.

Because of the GERD, my last meal was always 2pm for the last 20 or 30 years.

Now I have diabetes type2, I have been trying to eat a bit later in an attempt to maybe control my fbg in the morning, make it lower, but the absolute latest I can actually eat food is 3 pm, or else the GERD makes itself known with severe reflux during the night.

So it is nothing to do with my diabetes I cannot eat after 3pm.

Hope that explains.

>^..^<

Good heavens, you poor thing. That sounds very stressful- and then T2 on top.
I still like the sound of your potting shed.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Enjoying catching up with all the NEs, MEs, EEs but sadly have to report a NNE over here - non nutrition event - arrived home salivating over slow cooked lamb shoulder shanks to discover I’d set the clock on the slow cooker to Monday, so the carefully set timer for this morning hadn’t activated. Not much in fridge so defrosted 2 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages to go with 4 rashers streaky bacon and 2 fried eggs. Succumbed to some whipped cream with cocoa as a dessert - @PenguinMum I’m also trying (not very successfully) to stay away from the choc.

Lunch was 2 fried eggs, 3 rashers bacon and some grated cheese.

@maglil55 loving the idea of thermo nuclear food - TNNEs on the horizon?

@gennepher good luck for the eye appointment tomorrow.

@ianpspurs sorry about your dog.

Viv19

Thank you !

Yes the low carb has helped the reflux a lot. It was much much worse in the past.

>^..^<

Good luck for tomorrow. Are you having cataracts done?
I still take pantoprazol (or maybe it’s the other one) for reflux which had given me a really irritating cough that never went away. No conversation was possible without coughing non stop. Meds have solved that.

Viv19

I love grass cutting - I was in the wrong job for 36 years. We have 2 dogs (1 by end of tomorrow) raised beds, a chicken area and 15 fruit trees. Wherever we go there must be grass to cut, absolute must.

I am sorry about your dog- it’s a miserable thing to have to do.

Reactions: zauberflote

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher wishing you well for your laser treatment tomo. I fully understand how it is weighing on your mind and I really hope you get some quality sleep. I suppose we have to be grateful for the range of treatments available to us that werent just a few years ago. The digestive issues must be very hard to manage along with everything else. My goodness you deserve time in that shed with Popeye!

Viv19

Well, what have I eaten?
No breakfast . Tea
Gym
Coffee with cream
Lunch ditto of yesterday more or less. LC bread, cheese, toms, paprika, celery, nuts
Dinner- backwards. I had dessert first.
So yoghurt with berries
A smoked pork chop (kassler) with mini asparagus and garlic butter. Very good. No wine. Tea.
I had physio this afternoon - she half killed me stretching ligaments but it does feel better now.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher wishing you well for your laser treatment tomo. I fully understand how it is weighing on your mind and I really hope you get some quality sleep. I suppose we have to be grateful for the range of treatments available to us that werent just a few years ago. The digestive issues must be very hard to manage along with everything else. My goodness you deserve time in that shed with Popeye!

Those treatments can save our eyes.

Thank you very much.
>^..^<

Reactions: zauberflote

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Enjoying catching up with all the NEs, MEs, EEs but sadly have to report a NNE over here - non nutrition event - arrived home salivating over slow cooked lamb shoulder shanks to discover I’d set the clock on the slow cooker to Monday, so the carefully set timer for this morning hadn’t activated. Not much in fridge so defrosted 2 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages to go with 4 rashers streaky bacon and 2 fried eggs. Succumbed to some whipped cream with cocoa as a dessert - @PenguinMum I’m also trying (not very successfully) to stay away from the choc.

Lunch was 2 fried eggs, 3 rashers bacon and some grated cheese.

@maglil55 loving the idea of thermo nuclear food - TNNEs on the horizon?

@gennepher good luck for the eye appointment tomorrow.

@ianpspurs sorry about your dog.
Thank you ..from you I now dont feel so alone in giving in to the chocolate. The only one for me is Lindt 90 though I quite like Montezuma Orange and Cacao Nib but thats it. I think if someone offered me Dairy Milk now (or any brand commercial milk choc)I would be unable to swallow it! Yuk.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck for tomorrow. Are you having cataracts done?
I still take pantoprazol (or maybe it’s the other one) for reflux which had given me a really irritating cough that never went away. No conversation was possible without coughing non stop. Meds have solved that.

I have primary angle closure glaucoma, so laser treatment to reduce the pressure. The laser treatment is laser iridotomy. This means I will now have holes in my irises, to drain the pressure.

So fun and games tomorrow...

Thank you

>^..^<

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you ..from you I now dont feel so alone in giving in to the chocolate. The only one for me is Lindt 90 though I quite like Montezuma Orange and Cacao Nib but thats it. I think if someone offered me Dairy Milk now (or any brand commercial milk choc)I would be unable to swallow it! Yuk.

Both of those are good. With you on the milk chocolate (or even less intensely dark) front.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t quite make the planned 30hr fast - should have waited til 6pm for first NE but cracked at around 3pm and had 50g nuts - mixture of brazils, almonds and pecans ( I like them too @zauberflote)
Dinner was roast chicken, cauli cheese, cabbage and bacon sauteed in the bacon fat. Followed by Gk yog with raspberries and some orange Montezuma’s grated on top. Then, second pudding, 3 chocolate and nut squares. I should have waited 20 mins and probably wouldn’t have felt the need for anything else, but I was so hungry still I just kept going.
@BibaBee I hope Mr B’s appointment went well today.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: 2 x baby bels with a leafy salad and two cherry tomatoes followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: chicken, coconut and lemongrass stir fry followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

3E810196-FAD1-465C-A84A-9A79D013231E.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
on a road trip on my motorcycle. breakfast, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, black pudding.
dinner at Galton Blackiston's michelin star fish and chip emporium in Cromer; sea bream with peas and asparagus followed by cockles and squid - very nice and blood sugars at 4.1, result.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@BibaBee been thinking of you and Mr B today. Hope you got some reassurance and treatment. Dont worry about telling ME cos I am the sort thats like to know about these things. I really hope all is calm for you both.

Reactions: Viv19

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Me too on the N and NE. I am pretty sure a N would aggravate my asthma so will stick with NE! Thank you @ianpspurs. And @DCUKMod for me first NE before noon would get called breakfast by default and there's nothing else to call it. But now! We have N! And NE!

Reactions: ianpspurs

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
NB=New Black......oh man. 37 more posts and I have to work. Catchup tomorrow I hope!