What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsHutt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Lunch: salad, hard boiled egg, goats cheese tart (didn't eat pastry!) And a little bit of smoaked mackerel

Dinner: 3 egg omlette (mushroom & cheese), huge pile of salad! I'm afraid I spoilt it all with a banana for pudding!

Trying to be good at the minute as my numbers have been dreadful recently!! Hoping to get put back on liraglutide - but appointment not until January!!

Reactions: 6 people

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
B: blueberries, cinnamon, flaked almonds, pecan halves, vanilla essence, full fat Greek yoghurt
S: espresso with cream and 10g 85% chocolate
L: beef stroganoff with cauliflower rice, chocolate and chia seed dessert with a teaspoon of apple purée and cream
D: sliced hard boiled egg, steamed asparagus with vinaigrette, grilled pancetta, a buttered seed crisp bread, chia seed dessert.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream
L: crust less quiche
D: curry with chicken courgette cauliflower tomatoes and 2 squares good choc

Last edited by a moderator:

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got up at 4:30 and didn't get home until 20:30, so all out of kilter yesterday...

B1: Coffee with Cream
B2: 3x Cold Chipolatas
B3: Rachels Organic Greek Yoghurt with some Raspberries, Macadamias, Hazelnuts and Pecans

L: A Philadelphia Whipped Cream Cheese thing (a bit weird tasting) with Celery, Red Pepper and Baby Toms

D: Chicken Noodle Laksa (without noodles)

.................and then one mini Mars Bar left over from the trick or treat stuff...................I blame it on being knackered !!!

Reactions: 8 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
The Lidl high protein roll pizza experiment was okay. Needed more garlic and salt. So further experimentation is happening this lunchtime:

Breakfast: Coffee with double cream
Lunch: Lidl high protein roll pizza mark 2
Tea (at work): Asda Taste the Difference Roast Turkey Breast, avocado, lots of greenery, 3 cherry tomatoes and a little sliced pepper.
Supper (at home): I dunno - getting bored with nuts, getting bored with salami/cream cheese rollups. Anyone got any very easy and very quick snack ideas (that don't involve cheese) with minimal carbs and about 300 calories. All ideas gratefully received. I've recently found out that cheese and I don't mix well when I have it for supper.

Reactions: 4 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
.................and then one mini Mars Bar left over from the trick or treat stuff...................I blame it on being knackered !!!

I know the problem and sympathise completely. My husband has still got a big dish of Swizzel and Haribo left over from trick or treat on table in the hall. Its so tempting. :( Last night when I got home from work I could have just dived right in to it. Luckily (or unluckily depending on how you see it) one of my dogs had had an upset tummy which kinda put me off all food as soon as I walked in to the kitchen (top end, thankfully!) :yuck:

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I am looking forward to today's nosh...

B: cheese omelette
L: Fage yogurt, a blob of raspberry chia jam, desiccated coconut and cinnamon. Creamy decaf.
D: Off to a kid's party where there will be pizza and ginger birthday cake. I've made a crustless quiche (asparagus, broccoli, sundried tomatoes, feta and thyme) and low carb ginger muffins. I am a self-catering cheap date.

Reactions: 5 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
B usual 1 slice Burgen bread toasted & cheddar
L 3 slices Bacon, 3x97% chipolata sausages & 2 eggs
D cream of cauliflower soup, Lidls HP roll toasted& butter, strawberries& cream
S. 2 rough oatcakes with butter& applewood smoked cheese, 5 walnuts

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B1: Coffee with Cream
B2: 4x Cold Chipolatas
B3: Rachels Organic Greek Yoghurt with some Raspberries, Macadamias, Hazelnuts and Pecans (less than yesterday as only a small amount of Yog left)

L: 2 slices Maasdam Cheese with Ham in the middle sandwich X 2

D: Minestrone Soup with loads of grated cheddar on top......slice of Courgette, Feta and Mint Frittata

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
For anyone interested - yesterday's Lidl HP roll / pizza expriment was very good. Thoroughly enjoyed it and was an acceptable and quick sub for ordinary pizza. It definitely needed the extra garlic and salt and I also added some basil and oregano (growing by the kitchen window).

Today:

Breakfast: Coffee with double cream.
Lunch: Chocolate creamcheese pancakes with cherry chia 'jam' and a blob of Lidl Turkish yoghurt.
Tea (at work): Fridge leftovers: Romaine lettuce, 3 cherry tomatoes and litle bits of salami, brie, feta, olives, mozzarella and possibly an avocado if it hasn't gone black inside like yesterday's did. So disappointing when it looks fine on the outside and yuck inside, especially when I haven't got anything else at work as a substitute. I think I will take a tin of tuna just in case.
Supper (at home): A walnuts and brazil nuts.(only if Mr C hasn't had them first).

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am staying in a hotel at the moment so breakfast was scrambled eggs, mushrooms, half grilled tomato, half a slice of black pudding, bacon and black tea. One filter coffee with a splash of milk. I'm dreading lunch as I'm being taken out and haven't been able to find out where we are going. Fingers crossed there is something I can eat on the menu. Tonight it will be something from Pret or M&s to eat on the train.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm dreading lunch as I'm being taken out and haven't been able to find out where we are going. Fingers crossed there is something I can eat on the menu.
Good luck with that and let us know how you get on.
Well done so far.

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast was an experiment. Bought some Spectrum Naturals organic non-hydrogenated all-vegetable shortening, which is organic Columbian palm oil from the US and used it to fry eggs and mushrooms. Didn't use much, and no aftertaste so I was well pleased. Tesco organic white mushroom punnet was only 90p and they were really tasty.

L - better had be salad because I didn't eat enough veg yesterday, being out all day.

D - will be fresh Cornish sardines aka pilchards bought yesterday. Probably just grilled with lots of lemon juice and chopped chervil and some cherry tomatoes grilled on the vine, with more salad.

Reactions: 4 people

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck with that and let us know how you get on.
Well done so far.
We went for a quick lunch at an arts centre and I had feta, sundried tomatoes, roast butternut squash and watercress, no dressing and some peppermint tea. Bg was 8.7 before; 7.2 two hours later! I have an Italian chicken bowl from pret for tea on the train - 5g of carbs. That will keep me going till I get home after 7.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annieok Well done. You manoeuvred through the day nicely by the sound of it. 8.7 was a bit odd before the meal, do you think? Cause?

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was 11 first thing- I seem to be running quite high at the moment. When I'm back at home and have a bit of time, I'm going to do a post to see if people on here can help me figure out where the problem might be.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
B. 2 small slices Burgen toast, small piece cheddar
L. Bacon & eggs
D. Venison steak, 1/4 frittata, strawberries
S. 2 rough oatcakes 1/2 oz applewood cheese, e walnut halves& 7 almonds

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm back on the forum after a bit of an absence...I started this thread, what happened to my original post, @Administrator ?!

Anyway...

B: fage total yogurt. Very convenient small pot.
L: tinned curry...don't ask!
D: pork with cheese, roast carrots and green beans

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm back on the forum after a bit of an absence...I started this thread, what happened to my original post, @Administrator ?!

Anyway...

B: fage total yogurt. Very convenient small pot.
L: tinned curry...don't ask!
D: pork with cheese, roast carrots and green beans

I have no idea - I can see from the post history nothing has changed since October on this thread?