What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello:)

B. Raspberries and Greek yoghurt

L. Cold roast beef and chives Philadelphia cheese

.. D. Chicken thigh and roasted vegetables.

S. Half a chia seed dessert, an interesting experiment, I will add cocoa next time and a chia seed roll.

S

Sean01

Thanks @Sean01 . Your soup sounds great! Well done with your weight and weight loss!
Thank you. Soup - easy to make - tastes great with clotted cream and is just as good after a few days in the freezer. Easy to find recipe on internet - just ignore the potatoes.

Reactions: 2 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @Sean01 . I've found a recipe with courgette in that doesn't mention potato. I'll hopefully try it for tea. :)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
A day off so I'm sort of semi fasting (not doing the full monty due to feeling a bit wobbly with raised BP this morning):

Breakfast: Coffee, double cream, hazlenut sugar free syrup (just a teaspoon is enough for me).

Lunch: Hot chocolate made with raw cocoa powder, double cream and another teaspoon of the sugar free hazlenut syrup. This tasted incredibly luxurious and indulgent. I had no idea... I bought the cocoa powder to make chia puddings which I can no longer eat as they spike me so made this to start using up the rest of the cocoa powder

Dinner: Steak, fresh wilted spinach finished with a little double cream and some parmesan stirred in (not done this before so fingers crossed its nice), some mushrooms cooked in garlic butter and roast celeriac.

BGL has been running between 4.8 and 5.2 so far today :)

D

Deleted member 43917

B - woke late and out so had 2 crackers
L - Goat's cheese, lettuce, cucumber & tomato & small piece of a sunflower seed roll, wholemilk yogurt & almonds & 1/2 a banana
D - have got homemade split red lentil soup

Reactions: 4 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Chook - hope you have been feeling better with some rest.

Ta muchly :) The nice doctor increased my BP meds so hopefully it will come down over the next few days. You'd think that losing 4st would have brought it down but, no, mine went up! Do'h!

D

Deleted member 43917

Ta muchly :) The nice doctor increased my BP meds so hopefully it will come down over the next few days. You'd think that losing 4st would have brought it down but, no, mine went up! Do'h!
I think I read that Vitamin C can help - not sure if its best to have Rosehips as they are a natural source, rather than ascorbic acid.

Will start a thread about hypertension and BP because there is a site which lists evidence for more natural remedies if anyone is interested.

(Edit: just posted it - yes, Vitamin C and Magnesium can help).

Last edited:

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Scrambled Egg's 2X Bacon, 2X Chipolatas, Tomato, Mushroom & Tea
L: Grilled Goats Cheese, on griddled Aubergine, with rocket & Balsamic Vinegar
D: Chilli with Cauli Rice, Grated Cheddar, Sour Cream, Guacamole and Tomato Salsa
M&S Dark and Intense Chocolate which is amazing.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody:)

B. Cornish cruncher cheddar cheese with chia seed roll

L. Cold chicken thigh

D. Leek, celery and Stilton soup with chia seed roll. :)

Thank you @Sean01 for the idea it was absolutely delicious.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream and an egg

L: pizza

D: 3 deep fried chicken legs, LC cheesecake

S: coffee n cream x 2, LC bidcuit, choc thin, peanuts, 3 x pepsi max

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Lidl protein roll with butter and lemon curd
L: sausages, rocket, coleslaw
D: venison stroganoff to finish it off. No cauliflower as couldn't be bothered to cook any! Peanut butter mug cake

Starting intermittent fasting tomorrow. Going to start with trying 16 hours of fasting and 8 hours of eating. Will be skipping breakfast and confining all my meals into an 8 hour window between midday and 8pm. Will keep you posted as to progress.

Reactions: 9 people

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: coffee and cream
Lunch: a few bites of ham (was trying to fast till dinner but hey ho)
Dinner: Fish cake (30g carbs - eek!) roasted veg, broccolli and green beans. Dessert plums stewed in a little water, spiced rum and a drizzle of honey with cream (yum)
Highest bg after 7.1 - wooot.

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - 4 rashers bacon, coffee with coconut oil
L - Subway turkey salad bowl wiyj cheese & mayo
D - Sokolow gold kabanos & cheese
S - boiled sweets & mars bar, coffee & cream

Had a hypo yesterday - no idea where it came from. Needed a mars bar mid afternoon. I'll be monitoring myself closely for a few days.

S

Sean01

Hello @Sean01 . I've found a recipe with courgette in that doesn't mention potato. I'll hopefully try it for tea. :)
Courgettes - good idea. I may be the only one out there but I like marrows too. (That's so old it almost sounds like a line for the Canterbury Tales.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Courgettes - good idea. I may be the only one out there but I like marrows too. (That's so old it almost sounds like a line for the Canterbury Tales.
Oooh. Yum! Baked marrow in butter with a savoury mince filling. My childhood favourite. Haven't had it in years AND it could fit in with the low carb requirement.

Reactions: 6 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: Coffee and double cream with tsp sugar free syrup.

Lunch: Hot chocolate with double cream and sugar free syrup.

Dinner: Roast chicken, roast veg: aubergine, courgettes, red and yellow peppers, red onion, garlic and maybe (carb count allowing) a few cherry tomatoes. Roast broccoli with lime and parmesan.

I ordered a little chicken in a bag (from Asda) and they sent me a HUGE one not in a bag (at no extra cost) so I will be eating a lot of chicken this week.

D

Deleted member 43917

B - wholemilk yogurt with almonds and 1/2 a banana
S - a dark chocolate digestive
L - 2 egg omelette with spring onions, mushroom & tomato and extra & orange pepper on the side ..... still hungry, so tinned spicy tomato mackerel fillets.
D - going to have green lentils with onion & mushrooms, and orange pepper on side, possibly yogurt to follow

Reactions: 5 people