What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with blueberries and seeds

Then unplanned lunch of Five guys beefburgers because of @Goonergal !!!
We are country bumpkins where uber and just eat and various other modern words are an unknown language but we had gone to a large shopping centre as I've lost so much weight I really needed clothes and there was a Five guys. Never seen one before but couldn't resist, and yes very good burger. As soon as I said No Bun, she immediately offered either lettuce wrap or a bowl, very impressed. Was too stunned to work out the extra toppings options so just had plain but very tasty it was. Hubby had fries so I had 5.

Felt very urban, and hip and on trend :smug:

D: just picked at slice of ham with artichoke hearts and olives. 2 glasses white wine with an online zoom get together with girl friends.

All in all a good day. Jeans size 12 , down from 16 :couchpotato: (I have no idea what these emojis mean!!)

I love Five Guys too but sadly no branches in this neck of the woods either. Well done on your weight loss and size 12 jeans!
I have no idea what the emojis mean either but I laughed when I read your last sentence. Glad it’s not just me.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No cooking today, still a wonderful meal!

119096502_10221766691190843_7344804051797053343_o.jpg

Ooh I love bits and pieces meals like that - looks so tasty.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chook any chippie foods I have been there, done it and wore the tee-shirt - good old chippie and brown sauce days!:hungry:

@maglil55 I welcomed Alexa in my house - she was great - she took over from me getting my son up for school in the mornings - he was a nightmare - she was great - he jumped out his bed with her. Is the sea bass in Morisons beside the ready meals or at the fish section?

@Rachox Happy walking - I bet you will be making up for lost time soon.

Virtual hugs to @zauberflote & @Annb

@DJC3 the lamb shanks look fab - I am drooooling

@Brunneria I hope all goes well with the test but I am the same as you in that part of me wishes I have had it/get it/are ok with it and then have some immunity and more freedom

Brunch - thick (oustider) of bread toasted with boiled egg, mug of earl grey and double cream.

Dinner - Omlette with mushrooms, cheese & onion. S/F jelly and double cream.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 glad you enjoyed Five Guys. Just as @DCUKMod should be on commission with Instant Pot, I feel I should have a similar arrangement with Five Guys!
@DJC3 the meat counter in Morrison’s is fab. Only discovered it during lockdown but it has a great range and reasonably priced.
@maglil55 have just added some of those sea bass fillets with lemon to my Morrison’s order for Monday. Very well timed and haven’t had fish for ages.

Today looks like being brisket day here.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
D. 2 Sea Bass with lemon & lemon oil plus wilted spinach. @DJC3 - I suspect you'd like this. It's a new item in Morrisons if you have one nearby.

Just happened to see @DJC3's reply to your post when browsing...
Why haven't I seen this when I've been doing my Morrison's order (online) recently??::bigtears::hungry: But it's going to be ordered next time round... So thanks for the indirect heads up!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Felt very urban, and hip and on trend :smug:
All in all a good day. Jeans size 12 , down from 16 :couchpotato: (I have no idea what these emojis mean!!)
I have no idea what the emojis mean either but I laughed when I read your last sentence. Glad it’s not just me.
I mostly use the forum on a desktop. When I hover over the emoji's you get to see what they're supposed to be :)
You seem to have used 'smug' and 'couch potato' for your great day, @MrsA2 , although I never would've interpreted the second one as 'couch potato' without the desktop :hilarious:.

I'll be having a quick lunch at my place with a friend. She'll bring her own bread, I have plenty of yummy cheeses and stuff to go with it. I might indulge in a small bite of her bread to add festivity to my cracker :hungry:.

After that we'll go hunt for a big plant to fit the surprise present of a big pot for climbing plants which was puzzlingly delivered last week :)
It took me an hour to find out an envelope was hiding under all the packing material in the box. Turned out I received it because I'd offered my garden for use by people without a garden through some website because I was charmed by the initiative, months ago.
I had completely forgotten about it, as no-one has reacted to my garden, and now this hip plant-pot manufacturer has decided they like the initiative as well, and so much so they are presenting large pots to everyone offering to share their garden :happy:

I had a look on their website to see if they had suggestions for plants to put in and found out I'm now the owner of a plant pot worth 60 euros :woot: so I'd better put a nice plant in it!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay! am very chuffed.
Way back in March (with COVID looming over the horizon) I made a batch of Universal Panacea Chicken Soup, without the stock, and then froze the blobs of soup paste, ready for future use. It is a heck of a lot more fortifying than any commercial soup I have ever seen!

Well, Mr B decided that he would try some and 'see how it goes'.
Apparently it went well. He liked it. He finished it. And so far, it hasn't made a reappearance.

Need to see how many portions are left (I may have snaffled a couple during the spring and summer) and may think about making some more.

Today's food:
B: Bovril
L: probably cheese
D: will be pork shoulder and crackling. The pork will be pulled, and I cooked it with garlic, lime, ginger and GF dark soy sauce. The crackling will be done in the air fryer. We will see if Mr B's appetite has come further back online once those aromas start circulating.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: annabell1

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@zauberflote - ooops - sorry!! (Why, why, Delilah :singing::singing:)

@MrsA2 - well done on the weight loss!! I'm the same as you when it comes to these urban things. Just recently found out that (since covid) our village chippy is on Just Eat!!!!

@maglil55 - I will be looking out for that seabass dish, too. I didn't see it this morning but came away from Morrison's with a real bargain on frozen scallops (or is it scollops) reduced from £6.00 to £3.50 for a very decent size bag. I bought six bags. :smug::p

@Antje77 - like @DJC3 says - very yummy looking meal :hungry:
How really lovely to get that surprise plant pot. I grow everything in large pots because of the dogs.

@Goonergal - the fish counter at Morrison's is excellent and their frozen fish is excellent, too

@Mrs T 123 - my favourite chippy meal (when we had our chippy) was Mr C's home made fishcakes and mushy peas (plenty of salt and vinegar). I am a mushy peas convert! Until we moved to Yorkshire i always had that strange colour curry sauce with any chippy dinner.

Today....

Breakfast: Mackerel fillet fried in butter with a squeeze of lime

Dinner: Mr C is making curries... A lentil one we've not tried before, an aubergine one, Bombay celeriac, a dry one of paneer and spiced chard and a new to us prawn one. He's out in the kitchen toasting and grinding spices at the moment and the house smells amazing. He makes loads so there will be plenty to put in the freezer.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good news with the chicken soup @Brunneria

Lunch was a triumph today - thanks to all those who shared recipes/wisdom re: brisket - @DJC3 @Brunneria @maglil55 @DCUKMod. Didn’t follow any of them exactly but went with the general drift and used a dry rub of chilli flakes, salt, pepper, onion granules and garlic granules. Added a few slices of onion and stock. Pressure cooked for 75 mins and NPR. Meat was tender and moist. And yes, I did eat the whole thing :D

Dinner was more of a snack - couple of pork belly strips cut into pieces, rubbed with salt and chilli oil and air fried.

02259C99-DD3D-48E5-8E2E-6084C00CE8C1.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
FBG 8.5. That's OK. It was 8.9 last night and I took a larger dose of insulin - just 2 points short of what I used to take of Lantus. It's OK but nothing to write home about.

Breakfast was avocado and orange salad.

In a while I'll have spiced, roasted cauliflower with a small amount of red lentil dhal.

Em came in again - her Mum was feeling ill, so Dad broke off from his round and brought Em here from school. We spent a happy couple of hours making bread and butter pudding cupcakes (plus a tray of actual bread and butter pudding. I wanted to use up that bread from yesterday.) And a "craft project" using cardboard boxes, felt tip pens, glue and sellotape. Yesterday's was a football "court" and today's was a schoolhouse. DIL turned up to collect Em about 5 pm when the cupcakes were still pretty warm, but I packed them into a box for them to have for their pudding tonight. Now I just have to pick up all the bits of cardboard and find the pens.

Tried to phone the diabetes clinic this afternoon but they were not accepting calls. A message said leave name and phone number and they'll get back to me, but they didn't. I'll have another go tomorrow.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Will catch up with the many posts and news when time over next few days but wanted to quickly record todays food as time rushes past so quickly and the posts build up!
@DJC3 my DGF order arrived this afternoon and had a sliver of the gingerbread to taste before froze them - my verdict from my little bit was winner I thought and think will be good warm with cream. Meanwhile still need to finish my older other ones from the freezer!
Lunch today scrambled eggs on chaffle followed by too many salted almonds!
Mid pm after delivery half a millionaire shortbread and taste of new gingerbread brownie
Dinner pork chop, some steamed cauliflower couscous (from m and s) thought very nice and stuffed mushrooms followed by DGF lemon and blueberry cake with a few garden berries with cream,
Ate low carb over past 4 days while at mums but just a few more meals as had breakfast while there. Busy few days and traveling but got a very long job/task list done! Up in four weeks again to be there for carpet fitting we arranged and do some decorating and will be up again in 6 to 8 weeks once we get appts for mums pre op for her cataract operation they are predicting three months for op so may be before Christmas at least she could recover at ours over the holiday if it works out that way.
Swimming booked for first thing tomorrow so looking forward to it.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm still learning with my airfryer so after deciding on a lunch of 90 sec bread topped with ham and cheese, thought it might work to use the airfyer to grill it.. but it turned out that where the 90 sec bread wasn't even the cheese simply melted off and slid through the holes. Luckily I checked it after just a few minutes and managed to catch it before it disappeared completely.
Finished with some ff greek with freshly picked raspberries and a splash of double cream.
Tried doing chicken thighs in the airfryer for tea, but wasn't sure they smelled right when I opened the packet, and once that thought is in your head it won't budge :yuck:. There were quite a few of them and it seemed to take ages for them to cook through. Hubby and son ate them but still tasted off to me so we will see who was right in due course!!!
Being a family of 3 adults the airfyer seems best suited to just one or 2 portions. Son likes using it while we are away but its not much good for family cooking where i prepare extra to freeze or for next day.
Meant i have missed dinner so will see if i can carry on resisting while having a glass of wine

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: maglil55

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@zauberflote - ooops - sorry!! (Why, why, Delilah :singing::singing:)

@MrsA2 - well done on the weight loss!! I'm the same as you when it comes to these urban things. Just recently found out that (since covid) our village chippy is on Just Eat!!!!

@maglil55 - I will be looking out for that seabass dish, too. I didn't see it this morning but came away from Morrison's with a real bargain on frozen scallops (or is it scollops) reduced from £6.00 to £3.50 for a very decent size bag. I bought six bags. :smug::p

@Antje77 - like @DJC3 says - very yummy looking meal :hungry:
How really lovely to get that surprise plant pot. I grow everything in large pots because of the dogs.

@Goonergal - the fish counter at Morrison's is excellent and their frozen fish is excellent, too

@Mrs T 123 - my favourite chippy meal (when we had our chippy) was Mr C's home made fishcakes and mushy peas (plenty of salt and vinegar). I am a mushy peas convert! Until we moved to Yorkshire i always had that strange colour curry sauce with any chippy dinner.

Today....

Breakfast: Mackerel fillet fried in butter with a squeeze of lime

Dinner: Mr C is making curries... A lentil one we've not tried before, an aubergine one, Bombay celeriac, a dry one of paneer and spiced chard and a new to us prawn one. He's out in the kitchen toasting and grinding spices at the moment and the house smells amazing. He makes loads so there will be plenty to put in the freezer.
Yes the fishcakes were lovely deep fried - my mouth is watering - in fact the fishcakes were my oldest son's favourite from the chippie when he was younger.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Mauriac

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I'm new to the forum.

Breakfast: a glass of water.
Lunch: A skinless chicken breast with two tomatoes and 120g of Waitrose smokey bean salad, a pear and 25g of cheese.
Afternoon snack: 20g of almonds and 35g of cheese
Pre-supper: 50g of macadamia nuts and 2 glasses of dry white wine
Supper: Tuna with kimchi, broccoli and cabbage; 100g of mixed berries and 100g of 2% fat Greek yoghurt; a coffee with 20ml of double cream.

I make that about 1850 calories and 50g of carbs.