What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Middle bacon, cheese omelette, two slices of toast and ginger marmalade for breakfast.
No smoko.
Grilled barra fillets, green veggies and a couple of small spudlites for lunch.
Marinated chicken legs for supper at six.

Couple of bits of ginger chocolate watching Prime.
Barra being barramundi? I loved that fish. Very tasty.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still way behind. Dotting between two schools is taking up more time than I thought! Saturday bed 5.6 FBG 6 5

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast one with egg mayo one with coronation chicken.

L. Nothing

D. Courgetti carbonara. Strawberries and cream.

Later - 1 HC dark almond praline.

Sunday 22 May bed 6.7 FBG 6 4

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast one with egg mayo one with ox tongue and coleslaw.

L Nothing at swimming lessons

D. Usual campari and soda. Driven by @Goonergal's posts, I spotted M&S pichana with chimichurrie, cauli cheese, cobette, spinach, santini tomatoes and 1 onion ring.

Later I did have a gin truffle and a bit of the dark 100% egg.
20220522_185059.jpg

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just the one meal today, if you don’t count the numerous cups of coffee, and the teaspoonful of cream cheese this afternoon. Not much appetite.
Dinner: haddock baked with butter and lemon, broccoli, cream cheese, tonic water.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday 23 May - bed 8 1 FBG 7.2 - A whole day off!

B. TAG

L. Early brunch 1 slice GF Black pudding, 2 GF pork chipolatas, 1 fried egg.

D. Roast chicken, cobette, spinach.

Tuesday 24 May - bed 7.5 FBG 7 2

B. Just TAG - back on the 2 school run!

L. Early lunch - a SLC low carb 3 cheese pizza which is seriously good. I did season it and add Italian herbs and more cheese. Pricey but very good.

D. Leftover Black pudding, pork chipolatas and a fried egg.

HC dark praline.

Youngest grandson's birthday tomorrow so busy wrapping gifts.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Neil obviously didn't realise that I was a baking bread because he turned the power off to the oven while it was cooking. I've turned it on again now, but it looks like a bit of a disaster - and I don't have any more wholemeal flour! So I guess it will be RyVita with my salad.

It was OK after all. The texture of the bread is a bit odd (overproved I think) but it's definitely edible. Had the end slice with my salmon salad. Neil has made a white loaf for himself - currently in the oven. Should I "accidentally" turn the power off?:oops: No that wouldn't be kind.

Em is here for a sleep-over. At present her Mum and Dad are out searching for Bella, the golden lab. All 3 dogs seem to have got out but when Ginnie and Banksie were rounded up Bella wasn't with them and hasn't appeared yet. They're worried on 2 counts - crofters don't like dogs running free when there are lambs around (not that Bella would ever harm a lamb) and she has arthritic back legs and isn't very good at walking distances. The bigger, younger dogs were on the moor road when they were found so we can only hope Bella hasn't gone onto the moor and got lost, or trapped in a bog! It can get pretty cold and damp out on the moor and she isn't a long haired dog so will feel it if she's out overnight. It's 9.45 pm just now and the sky is getting darker so there's not much time to find her.

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Mum and Dad are out searching for Bella, the golden lab.
Oh no!
Please update us as soon as you know more, I'm rooting for her!

I had the last two of the asparagus with a single very small chicken egg mashed with butter and some of the smoked fish stuff, and a burger with salad.
Forgot to buy vinegar so I had to make do with mayonnaise and mustard on my salad, which tasted perfectly fine as well. :)

284220481_10225606665467800_2769920774625537129_n.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, two slices toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Two sausage rolls from Bros's pie shop for smoko.
Cracked peppered rump steak, mixed mre mediterranean veggies sans the zucchini, gravy for lunch
Garlic prawn omelettes for supper at six.

Crispbreads with danish blue cheese watching Madmen on Prime.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: greek yog with 2 strawberries and 4 blueberries and seeds. 2 slices cheese
Looong hilly dog walk - just over 3 hours
Pub lunch of gammon and eggs. Asked for half a portion of chips and half salad. Got given huge portions of each,but even the salad wasn't good, odd tasting dressing and the lettuce was really wet. Hubby had a pie and veg which had been overcooked. Very disappointed.
19:30 2 chicken drumsticks, a spoonful coleslaw. 1 spiced rum on rocks.3 sqs 85%

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to a wedding yesterday, the food is always a bit of a gamble at this sort of event.
Had breakfast of a ham and cheese omelette.
Wedding food: I’d chosen the least carby looking options - Salmon and prawn starter which I think was pretty good. Then roast lamb which came with a sweet tasting redcurrant sauce on top. I tried to scrape most of it off. Swede and cauliflower cheese which had been made with flour so I tried to get the least saucy bits. Cheeseboard afterwards and I succumbed to 2 grapes. BG went up to 7 and stayed there around 3 hrs but I think it could have been a lot worse. 2 glasses wine.
Another cheese and ham omelette when we got home, too late to eat really but I was hungry again.

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
Hi all , probably going to seem silly to ask but I've seen it posted a good few times but what is TAG when someone referrers when eating . Thanks in advance

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all , probably going to seem silly to ask but I've seen it posted a good few times but what is TAG when someone referrers when eating . Thanks in advance

I can never remember what it stands for, but it is some kind of coffee, I think.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a phd bar.
Dinner: chopped cold roast chicken with coronation mayo, three baby tomatoes and coleslaw followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Experimental dish today, very tasy!
My friend had a very easy recipe for an aubergine dip (aubergine made soft by whatever is your preferred way, I went with cooking the whole thing to save gas, but you can use the oven as well of course, add lots of garlic, salt, pepper and some chilli pepper, and greek yoghurt. Stick blender. Can recommend!) which I wanted to try, so I made a meal to go with it. :)

Rubbed the asparagus and broccoli in a mixture of olive oil, garlic, the other half of the chilli pepper and salt and pepper. Also added some soy sauce, smoked paprika and yeast flakes to this marinade, mainly because I was doing some archeological exploring in the back of my kitchen drawer.
Baked them in the oven and fried a couple of garlic shrimp to go with it. :hungry:

284599889_10225614589425894_6077372985542005257_n.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: plain greek yoghurt with milled seeds, strawberries and blueberries . 2 slices gouda as still hungry
Cwc (coffee with cream)
L: cheesy omelette with ham and more cheese and a small salad. Strawberries (2) with blueberries (8) with cream.
D: motorway services ugh! Tried a burger King. Had the double whopper, removed the bun and used the second patty to sandwich the toppings. Actually quite nice and very filling. Had to order via machine which didn't allow any options to remove anything, only add extras. Not really good enough Burger King!
Finally home, handful of pecans. 3 sqs 85%

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But what do you say out loud when reading Lbs and ozs? An Lbs weighs a pound doesn't it?
So if I bought 500 gr of asparagus (which I did :hungry:), do I write a bought a Lbs of asparagus?
It would be 1.1lbs (although with asparagus I ignore weight and just buy the bunch!). As @Annb said, we oldies that remember both tend to still think in the old imperial measures. Personally, I use both and the kiddies still get taught imperial alongside metric.