What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - usual green smoothie made with fresh spinach, ginger root, turmeric root etc
Snack - takeout coffee with added double cream
L - half Lidl high protein roll buttered and filled with Brie and cherry tomato
D - 2 x Black Farmer's sausages baked in the oven on a bed of onions; courgetti, half a roasted fennel bulb and a single roast potato cooked in duck fat
Homemade raspberry mousse
Snack - cheese on toast using single slice of Livlife bread

Reactions: 8 people

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
B - 9 bar ( peanut kind ) L - cauli/broccoli suet pudding with mixed green veg. D Lamb chops, peas, cauliflower and broccoli, small amount of gravy. S - Raspberries and strawberries with cream, 2 small handfuls of salt and vinegar flavoured peanuts

Reactions: 6 people

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
B - choc chai seed pudding with added cinnamon & flax seed. Coffee
L - 1/2 lidl HP roll,butter,egg mayo
D - Bolognese over cauliflower & broccoli

Snacks - Sugar free jelly with greek yoghurt. Port scratchings. Almonds.
I have seen these chia chocolate puddings mentioned a couple of times now, sounds really interesting, is there a recipe at all please? x

Reactions: 4 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Yesterday Wednesday
B 2 small slices of weightwatchers bread with cheese
L Was a funeral buffet Salad / bits of cheese / middle of half a meat pie no pastry/ 2 small sausages out of rolls no pastry / 2 pieces of quiche no pastry skipped the gateaux and cake table :(
S small pkt of pork scratchings and 1 pear.
D 1 boiled egg on a lidl roll / 2 pieces of 90% choc
BD reading 2 hrs after dinner 5.3:happy:
Up in night at 3am hungry so had a bowl of greek low fat coconut and vanilla yogurt with a few raspberries and linseed and gogi berry mix from Aldi
BG reading this morning before breakfast 5.2:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

Reactions: 2 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
S Coffee n Cream
B Chop Egg and Tomato
S Milk Coffee
L Sausage and Sizzle Steak
S Coffee n Cream
D Scrambled Eggs and Bacon
Carbs 33g

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Fasting day today.....

B: Water
L: Water
D: Red Thai Chicken Curry with stir fried vegetables........my mouth is on fire, I just had 2 squares of 85% but couldn't taste it.
Shouldn't that been other way round 'curry' >water! > water!..;)

D

debrasue

B: MORE gluten-free crackers & cheese (I think I'm going to have to go 'cold turkey' on these) (Mmmmm..... cold turkey..........:hungry:)
L: Corned beef & tomato sandwich on Bfree seeded brown bread
D (will be): Half a grapefruit, Lobster (tinned, unfortunately!) and prawn salad with celeriac rosti; raspberries & cream
Carbs: 45g

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody
Land B . Raspberries and cream

D. 2 fried eggs, bacon, mushroom and tomatoes with half a Lidl roll

My partners daughter specially brought a gluten free chocolate cake so I was extremely naughty and had a slice. :)

Reactions: 3 people
D

debrasue

@debrasue the new celeriac sounds a great idea. I had a celeriac slaw in a restaurant which was tasty
Have you tried celeriac rosti, @mo53 ? I grated celeriac, added garlic, salt, black pepper, an egg, about 50g melted butter and a couple of spoonfuls of grated Parmesan, mixed it all up and squashed it into a small baking tin, then baked it at 190oC for about 30 minutes until it browned. Delicious!!

Reactions: 8 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Yesterday -
B - McDonalds double sausage and egg mcmuffin (no muffin)
L - Mattessons smoked pork sausage
D - blueberries & cream
S - oxo, coffee, pork scratchings & merlot

Reactions: 5 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried celeriac rosti, @mo53 ? I grated celeriac, added garlic, salt, black pepper, an egg, about 50g melted butter and a couple of spoonfuls of grated Parmesan, mixed it all up and squashed it into a small baking tin, then baked it at 190oC for about 30 minutes until it browned. Delicious!!
Was planning on doing something with celeriac on Saturday as have one in the cupboard but not used it before. Was going to try celeriac noodles but may give this a go instead. Thank you!

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:
B: 2 hard boiled eggs with butter
L: Was out so popped into Waitrose and picked up a prawn cocktail and a chicken satay snack pot plus a Skyr yoghurt
D: Out at a Jamie's Italian restaurant. Had looked up the menu online before hand and was impressed to find that they list the nutritional content of their meals so was able to see the carb content. Had the turkey Milanese (10g carbs) with a side order of greens.

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Was planning on doing something with celeriac on Saturday as have one in the cupboard but not used it before. Was going to try celeriac noodles but may give this a go instead. Thank you!
Likewise. Although I might do half & half with celeriac chips.

Reactions: 5 people

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
B: Greek Yoghurt, berries & flax seed
L: 1 round ham & mustard sandwich (Burgen bread)
D: Bolognese on courgetti (Just bought a spiralizer - Woo hoo!!)
snacks - small handful of nuts and 1 clementine

Reactions: 3 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Thursday 14 / 04 / 16
B 1 lidl roll / tomato / mushrooms / cheese .
L 2 seeded crackers / cottage cheese and pineapple / 1 pear
D 2 more seeded crackers / cottage cheese and pineapple / few grapes

Reactions: 4 people

zzcanasta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So far (11.50am) - only a cup of tea and a small cup of coffee. I find it a lot easier now to delay breakfast until mid-late morning - or even skip altogether - without feeling deprived or hungry, so some days that's the path I follow.
Yesterday's intake:
B: Full Greek (full-fat Greek yoghurt with seed mix, some oatflakes, raspberries, blueberries and a few crushed nuts mixed in)
L: Homemade carrot & coriander soup with some chopped chorizo slices added. Pear.
D: At friends' house (who've also reduced carbs on the basis of the changes they've seen in me) and had chilli con carne with portion of quinoa rather than rice, green salad. Small portion of fruit crumble (rhubarb and apple) with cream.
(Tip: Home & Bargain stores now sell quinoa at a much lower price than more upmarket outlets)
Afterwards, number 1 son and I went to Anfield to watch the mighty Reds somehow defeat a far superior Borussia Dortmund team in the Europa League quarter-final. Utterly mental. My joy was complete.

Have maintained weight loss and am now 4 lbs off my goal of 9st 3lbs. I have a follow-up blood test next Wed (first since being diagnosed pre-D), so am confident that my GP will be startled by the changes.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
S Coffee N Cream
B Lamb Chop Egg and Tomato
S Milk Coffee
L 2 Boiled Eggs