What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Coffee until 12 pm

12 pm mackerel and salad cup tea

5.45 pm evening Meal
Chicken Curry, half of a packet of basmati rice (packet is for two people 1/2 each)
Half a flat bread
Cup of tea
Nothing more until lunch time tomorrow.

Reactions: mo53

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheese omelette and mushrooms

Cheese and ham omelette with salad at work

Avocado smoked salmon and mushrooms with mayo

For some reason I am absolutely ravenous tonight so have had a few macadamia nuts, piece of cheddar and have defrosted a Lidl roll to have with butter

Reactions: Goonergal and Chook

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK mackerel lovers. I like fish but I am quite phobic over bones. How 'bony' is mackerel?

Reactions: Ultramum

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
OK mackerel lovers. I like fish but I am quite phobic over bones. How 'bony' is mackerel?

I get the frozen fillets from Asda and get about one bone per fillet. I fry them in butter - three minutes skin side down then two minutes skin side up. Sprinkle with lime juice and a little sea salt.. Gorgeous.

I have tried the fresh whole fish and it was much too boney for me to enjoy my meal so I gave it to the dogs who ate the lot, bones and all.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, Dawn was in full swing today - up from fasting level of 6.6 to 8 before breakfast and 8.2 after. Haven't seen an 8 in a while. Back down to 5.6 before both lunch and dinner. And either I have a rogue box of strips or something odd is going on. After a dinner that usually barely registers an increase, got a reading of 8.3 (up from 5.6). Re-tested and went down to 7.1, which still seems high, but I can live with that.

Breakfast - crustless quiche

Lunch - cold lamb, salad

Dinner - sea bass fillet fried in butter with sautéed courgette and onion and a squeeze of lemon juice.

Reactions: Chook

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: None
L: Home made burger and salad
S: There was a bag of peanuts in the cupboard that rushed out and attacked my throat, no worries the bag is deflates (empty) now
D: Bolognese with courgetti then half hour on treadmill BS @ 7.1

DD Has made me an easter egg, and a mess in the kitchen, tells me its 85% choc :D

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee substitute and cream
L: coronation chicken salad
S: 2 squares 70%
D: pork shoulder steak with texmex seasoning, enormous amounts of green beans, and avocado mashed with garlic, lemon, coriander and salt. Delicious!

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For some reason I am absolutely ravenous tonight so have had a few macadamia nuts, piece of cheddar and have defrosted a Lidl roll to have with butter

Amazingly - despite eating all the extras last night I have woken up with my lowest BG yet ... 6.8

Eat when you are hungry seemed to work last night :)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Breakfast: 2 x chipolatas, 2 x bacon, 2 x eggs, 3 x mushrooms, 1 x grilled tomato
Lunch: Nothing
Dinner: Big chunks of chicken breast marinated in yoghurt and tikka spices then baked, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and sliced avocado

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gee wizz....bed on 6.2 FBG 6.9 and first full day on school run/nursery - hit 9 by the time I sat down to breakfast. Thanks to Libre could even see it heading upwards. To add to my misery Hubby has a bad cold and I have the start of a sore throat. Wish he would go back to bed and stop coughing around me.

B. 1 egg omelette with mushroom, tomato, rasher of streaky bacon and spinach. Tassimo morning coffee with cream , 2 paracetamol and a spray of First Defence!
L. Nothing
D. Diet Doctor Tuna Cheese melt with a salad of iceberg lettuce, tomato , 1/2 avocado and Helmanns.
Probably another few sprays of First Defence too!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Lunch yesterday

Mackeral and Advocado salad

Evening. Meal yesterday

Home made curry with half packet of microwave basmati rice and half of a flatbread BG through the roof 2 hours later went from 6.0 to 10.9 no more carbs they simply don't agree with me and my type2 diabetes.
I have tried re introducing them but even small amounts push BG up too much for me.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lunch yesterday

Mackeral and Advocado salad

Evening. Meal yesterday

Home made curry with half packet of microwave basmati rice and half of a flatbread BG through the roof 2 hours later went from 6.0 to 10.9 no more carbs they simply don't agree with me and my type2 diabetes.
I have tried re introducing them but even small amounts push BG up too much for me.
I have the same issue but I have got so used to cauliflower rice now I don't miss rice at all. The cauliflower version is just so versatile. Have you tried the Diet Doctor naan bread? Reminds me a bit of tattie scones taste wise?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have the same issue but I have got so used to cauliflower rice now I don't miss rice at all. The cauliflower version is just so versatile. Have you tried the Diet Doctor naan bread? Reminds me a bit of tattie scones taste wise?

I like the cauli rice, too, I think its one of the best carb substitutes. Mr C likes it fried in butter with a little onion, garlic and fresh coriander, I like it cooked laid out on a biscuit sheet then sprinkled with a little garam masala - then bake for 20 mins (but I'm lazy and my way is so simple1) :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like the cauli rice, too, I think its one of the best carb substitutes. Mr C likes it fried in butter with a little onion, garlic and fresh coriander, I like it cooked laid out on a biscuit sheet then sprinkled with a little garam masala - then bake for 20 mins (but I'm lazy and my way is so simple1) :)

Haha! I just microwave it, then dunk it in the curry for the last 2 mins of cooking, and stir. Then serve the whole thing as one big gloop together.

So elegant.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Lauren fluffy almond biscuit toasted.

L. Strawberries and yoghurt

D. Mackerel and cauliflower cheese.strawberries and yoghurt

Hurrah!! I have pomegranate for watching Masterchef :)

Reactions: Ultramum and Chook

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I usually have cauliflower rice but it was such a small portion of rice not even half the packet never had flat bread before but again half of one,not seen the diet doctor naan bread must take a look for it, Thanks very much.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Today Wednesday 19/4/17
Lunch 12.30 2 each of bacon bratwurst sausage and eggs
Evening Meal
Salmon cauliflower and green beans
Drinks coffee and tea BG just tested 6.5
Found if I have carbs it always shoots high!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just posted today's food! K