What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Todays been some more testing and revising the spead sheet Ive built up showing nutritional make up and BS impact of foods / recipes
Every 2 years or so I retest some foods ( good, bad and borderline impact ones) to see what the change in impct has been as a rough guide to how well my pancreas / meds are doing
Today it was one from the 'bad' list - small bowl of porridge with unsweetened cashew nut milk - the BS spike was more than double what it was last time - think I need an 'Evil' list!!. Still my blood sugars are now firmly back in range and the hba1c being predicted by the logging app I use is still quite acceptable (46.2) so thats ok

B - evil porridge
L - bag of pork scatchings
S - pice of my low carb lemon and blueberry cake with 50g Oppo ice cream
D - probably saucy fish dish from the freezer
Drinks - 2x coffee with cream, sparkling water

I love the idea of 'evil porridge'. :hilarious: I'm too scared to test it myself.

Pre- low carbing porridge with a fruit topping or oat protein pancakes with fruit were my favourite breakfasts along with a nice LARGE glass of fresh fruit smoothie. Scary!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - none

Lunch - was planning on skipping but was very hungry and with an all afternoon meeting looming, decided to eat. 2 fried eggs, 2 rashers bacon, salad

Dinner - roast chicken leg, sautéed broccoli, courgette and onion (seem to have severely over bought both broccoli and courgette); 2 squares Lindt 90%

Reactions: Chook

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello

B - coffee with cream
L - 2 small slices frittata, boiled egg and pork scratchings
D - sausage, boiled egg and bacon

Missing the veggies and salad now, only 2 days left of zero carbing x

Reactions: Goonergal

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
B: 1 slice toasted cheese, black tea.
L: Cheese & ham omelette and salad
D: Cheese/ lettuce/ tomato sandwich, small portion sugar-free jelly & natural yoghurt.
Treat: Small latte

Reactions: Goonergal and Chook

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Raspberries and cream.

L. 1 slice of Bfree seeded bread with butter. Chicken and bacon salad.

1 hours swimming

D. Strawberries with Alpro chocolate and hazelnut icecream

Reactions: Chook

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.3 FBG 7.3 and pre breakfast was weirdly 6.9. Tooth still hanging in there - dentist tomorrow
B. Boiled egg and 3 mini chipolatos. Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
L. 2 slices thin ham, 1 Slice pork and 4 cherry tomatoes.
D. 2 slices back bacon , 1 Slice black pudding, 2 heck chicken sausages, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and a duck egg.
Took a pack of Urban Foods triple toasted coconut with me to the circus and a mere 3.7g carbs in them.
Great afternoon at the circus. Boys loved it.

Reactions: Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 6.3 FBG 7.3 and pre breakfast was weirdly 6.9. Tooth still hanging in there - dentist tomorrow
B. Boiled egg and 3 mini chipolatos. Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
L. 2 slices thin ham, 1 Slice pork and 4 cherry tomatoes.
D. 2 slices back bacon , 1 Slice black pudding, 2 heck chicken sausages, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and a duck egg.
Took a pack of Urban Foods triple toasted coconut with me to the circus and a mere 3.7g carbs in them.
Great afternoon at the circus. Boys loved it.

Good luck at the dentist.

Reactions: maglil55

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B = None
L = none
D = 2 Lidl rolls halved, 2 halves topped with butter and Ardennes Pate and the other 2 topped with butter and Danish Blue cheese.
S = 100g Salted Cashew nuts.

Got loads of food in freezer but these last few days can't be bothered to cook.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Heavens the forum is s-l-o-w today

Last day of Zero Carb for this week:

Breakfast: Two mackerel fillets fried in butter

Lunch: None

Dinner: Roast chicken

Drinks: Coffee and cream with breakfast, sparkling mineral water for the rest of the day

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. This seems to be a lovely group. I hope you don't mind if I join in.

I enjoy food and I enjoy cooking. Looking at some of the dishes y'all have described makes me drool.

This is what I had yesterday:

Breakfast -- 2 double espressos (decaffeinated) with cream and xylitol.

Lunch -- one and a half home-made low carb roles with salted butter (recipe adapted from dietdoctor.com)

Dinner -- another half of the home-made low carb role (about 3 g of carbs per 100 g) with butter, a salad with cornsalad, parmesan, about 100 grams of chickenbreast, and caesar's dressing, a bit of home-made low-carb mousse au chocolate (about 2 g of carbs per 100 g). Edited (forgot to add three strawberries).

I am looking forward to reading what everyone else is having today.

Last edited:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hello all. This seems to be a lovely group. I hope you don't mind if I join in.

I enjoy food and I enjoy cooking. Looking at some of the dishes y'all have described makes me drool.

This is what I had yesterday:

Breakfast -- 2 double espressos (decaffeinated) with cream and xylitol.

Lunch -- one and a half home-made low carb roles with salted butter (recipe adapted from dietdoctor.com)

Dinner -- another half of the home-made low carb role (about 3 g of carbs per 100 g) with butter, a salad with cornsalad, parmesan, about 100 grams of chickenbreast, and caesar's dressing, a bit of home-made low-carb mousse au chocolate (about 2 g of carbs per 100 g). Edited (forgot to add three strawberries).

I am looking forward to reading what everyone else is having today.

Of course we don't mind - everyone is welcome! :)

Your rolls sound interesting - did you find the recipe on-line?

Reactions: ziggy_w

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love the idea of 'evil porridge'. :hilarious: I'm too scared to test it myself.

Pre- low carbing porridge with a fruit topping or oat protein pancakes with fruit were my favourite breakfasts along with a nice LARGE glass of fresh fruit smoothie. Scary!
I was about to say the same thing. An "evil list" made me laugh and think about what would be on mine.

Reactions: ziggy_w

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My tooth and I have parted company. My dentist is great - I didn't even know it was out and it was a wisdom tooth as well. There was infection there and he is confident that's what has been screwing with my BGs. Bed on 7.1 FBG was 7.3 and pre breakfast was 7.2. Weirdly 30 mins after breakfast was 6.8 (and pre dentist).
B boiled egg and Tassimo morning coffee with cream
L. Tesco prawns with coconut and chilli.
D. Suspect will been Oomi noodle carbonara to avoid chewing too much.
Now see "evil porridge" would have been ideal were it not for the fact it would send my BG through the roof.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Strawberries with cream

L.mslice of toasted Bfree seeded bread with sliver of cheddar with chives

D. Chicken madras with a toasted slice of Bfre. Strawberries with Alpro chocolate hazelnut icecream

B

badcat

No meals as such today - i was out playing bridge this morning followed by shopping so my diet has not been exactly what youd call balanced! Ive munched my way through
2 slices of my hoemade low carb lemon and blueberry cake, 2 x coffee and cream, 1 pkt pork scratchings, 3 brazil nuts, 1 bottle sparkling water, 1/2 avocado with some chilli mayo
I should be thinking of dinner but im not hungry so may not bother. If i get peckish later ill probably have some tuna

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I broke away from my normal dietary routine and had a cheese burger with the works - it was good! It's nice to treat yourself to something delicious every now and then - I skipped on the chips and Gravy but it had crossed my mind. Afterwards I went for a 3 KM walk - it's a hot one today - no idea what my afternoon sugars will be - probably should test right now .... oops I'm at 12.3 - probably from all the sweet sauces on the burger - think I'll give myself 4 units of humulog to get it back down - no big deal :)