What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday Soup for lunch, no dramas there
Dinner - The kitchen is in chaos so a visit to the chippy. I know fish and chips doesn't agree with my meter, so I had a large cod, no chips.
5.6 before, 9.4 2 hours later!!
So batter is my problem, not chips! Just proves that D is a daily learning task

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday was

B: none
L: none until Mr B heated up the corned beef/butternutsquash hash I made on Saturday. The smell was irrisistable, so I had some.
D: bangers and butternut squash mash, with courgettes and onion and GARLIC. Mr B braved the cold to fetch himself a portion of chips. Sadly they were almost cold by the time he got back. Poor lamb.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Team Christmas lunch today. I picked the restaurant so pretty decent low carb options.

Breakfast - none
Mid-morning - 25g almonds
Lunch - Turkish. Mixed kebab (lamb and chicken shish, kofte and a small lamb chop), no bread, rice or chips, extra salad. Swapped out their dressing for some mayonnaise I was carrying with me.
Dinner - raspberries and cream, pack pork crunch.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Team Christmas lunch today. I picked the restaurant so pretty decent low carb options.

Breakfast - none
Mid-morning - 25g almonds
Lunch - Turkish. Mixed kebab (lamb and chicken shish, kofte and a small lamb chop), no bread, rice or chips, extra salad. Swapped out their dressing for some mayonnaise I was carrying with me.
Dinner - raspberries and cream, pack pork crunch.
I was half expecting Nando's! Note to self - once I get Christmas over I must make an effort to try out Nando's and Five Guys since they are both about 15 m8ns from my home!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed on 6.6 last night but FBG 5.3 this morning and finally back in the 4's during the day. Having said that been a very busy day.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream
L. Slice Tesco high protein bread with pate pate - the fruity one
D. Tesco Trout fillet plain oven baked. , whole bag of spinach that produced 2 wilted cups and celeriac chips.
3 walnuts nibbled throughout the day
Loads of water.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuesday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: Cauli-rice with coconut milk, cilantro, green curry and ginger, prawns, a slice of quiche (bellpepper, zucchini, eggplant, onions, tomatoes, beef salami and feta). Some mousse au chocolat with whipped cream.

Dinner: A homemade low carb pizza with creme fraiche, cheese, smoked duck breast, pickled bellpepper and artichoke.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: just coffeesubstitute and cream (am now retesting which dairy is problematic for me.)
L: last of the corned beef/butternut squash hash
D: duck legs (2 small) in cranberry, rosemary and red wine with cauliflower mash and green salad

4 squares Lindt lime chic spread through day.

As kind of expected, butter and double cream give me no snuffles, runny nose or yawning. Whereas milk does.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wednesday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: Nothing

Snack: About 100g of pecans and macadamias.

Dinner: A slice of quiche (bellpepper, zucchini, eggplant, onions, tomatoes, beef salami and feta), a cornsalad with Caesar's dressing and parmesan, about 100g of entrecote, some mousse au chocolat with whipped cream. Two glasses of red wine.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: none except coffeesubstitute and cream
L: out for walk with dogs it was so blummin cold we stopped for a drink in a dog friendly cafe. I had their posh hot choc, which is basically 200mls of milk (yes, I yawned and my nose ran), with a chunk of dark choc dropped into it to melt. With whipped cream on top. Nil bg impact at all, probably because of the walking.
D: ribs with homemade BBQ sauce/spices salad, coleslaw and 2 squares of Lindt lime choc as pud.

Edited to add: tonight will be bratwurst with spaghetti squash (first attempt with this squash) and some of the broccoli mountain that seems to be growing in the fridge. May use red peppers in the tomato/onion/garlic based spag sauce, too.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning. Not managed to post the past couple of days. Still battling more hunger than normal - must be the weather. Weight is stable so have inadvertently found a way to maintain weight and learned that intermittent fasting will be to dropping more weight, which I still want to do.

Wednesday

Breakfast - none
Lunch - Nando’s. 3 plain wings, plain chicken leg with salad. Small bar Coop 85% chocolate.
Dinner - bag of pork crunch followed by raspberries and cream.

Thursday

Breakfast - ate mid morning as hungry. 30g mixed nuts.
Lunch - bag of pork crunch, small bar Coop 85% chocolate.
Dinner - brined chicken leg with cauliflower cheese.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yikes need to catch up again
Wednesday
Bed 6.4 FBG 5.6
B. Slice Tesco high protein bread , slice ham and bit cheese
L. Nothing
D. 1/2 dressed lobster out of M&S (Well it was reduced) tablespoon prawns, 1/2 avocado and lettuce.

Thursday
Bed 5.7 FBG 6.1
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream
L. Nothing
D. 2 air fried chicken drumsticks and 1 thigh. Cheese and chive dips
Chia Pudding and 8 raspberries.

P

pollensa

Breakfast.
2 scrambled eggs cooked in butter and cream one slice of bacon grilled. 2 pieces seed crackers. Green tea no milk or sugar

lunch
Natural greek yogurt sunflower and pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts, tia and chia seeds
Green tea

dinner this evening
Home made cabbage soup with chicken breast cut into pieces within the soup yummie, lots of black pepper and squeezed lemon juice. Seed crackers to eat with the soup

8 glasses water during the day

Mallorca

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That lobster on Wednesday was lovely. Been rushing everywhere. It's been a busy, busy week what with parties, Santa , concerts, Nativity and trying to fit shopping in as well. Still not got all the shopping but just about there.
Bed 5.7 FBG 5
B. Made something I saw Mary Berry make midweek
Fry a Portobello mushroom followed by a fairly thick slice tomato. Beat an egg with teaspoon mustard and add grated cheese. Season and put mushroom on a plate , tomato on top and a pile of the cheese /egg mix. Put under a grill until the cheese melts and browns. Serve with a slice of ham. It was lovely! And not as much work as it sounds.
L. Nothing
D. My standby of air fried chicken with cheese and chive dip and I'm going to make another of Mary Berrys mushroom things as I still have cheese mix left.
Last swimming tomorrow before I get 3 weeks off. I need a rest.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finally managed to complete a fasting day. So no breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was 2 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages, 2 rashers bacon and a Birds Eye burger. Followed by chocolate chia pudding with cream.

Let’s see if I can get back into the swing of this now.

Davie_sett

Type of diabetes
Type 1
todays died so far has been
breakfast seedy kind of toast with butter
morning snack sausage roll
lunch a curry sandwich thing that wastnt very nice follow by some chocolate and banana marshmallow things
dinner was some pork chops with 2 jacket potatoes cheese and vegetables followed by some mini rolls.
not the healthiest day ever

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Half a low-carb roll with butter.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: A lot of macadamias and pecans, a slice of quiche (bellpepper, eggplant, zucchini, onions, feta and beef salami), some 85% chocolate.

Dinner: A small entrecote with sauce Bernaise, some white asparagus in butter.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Friday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. A slice of quiche.

Snack: Macadamias, pecans, 85% chocolate.

Dinner: Eating out our favorite tapas place -- manchego, vegetable dish (onions, tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini), some fried sardines, one and a half glasses of rioja.

At home: A slice of quiche, two heaping table spoons of low-carb chocolate mousse.

Please a have a wonderful weekend, everyone. Off to the Xmas market now, my hubby is looking forward to a cup of mulled wine (I am going to see if I can take a cup of regular red wine along).

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You go two weeks without a fasting day and suddenly 2 come along at once.

No breakfast or lunch. Dinner was fathead pizza with pepperoni topping followed by chocolate and hazelnut Oppo ice cream with double cream. Yum.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.8 FBG 5.6 and the final swim Saturday before Christmas - always a load of fun with the kids having races, reindeer chains while singing , diving and just general fun and games.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Slice GF black pudding, 2 rashers crispy bacon and a fried egg.
D. Trout fillet with wilted spinach.
3 bits 90% Lindt.

Got a few more presents today - almost done thank goodness.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@Goonergal -- do you see a difference in your blood sugars when you fast?

Yesterday ...

Breakfast: Two cups of decaffeinated espresso with cream and xylitol. A small slice of quiche (eggplant, zucchini, bellpepper, tomato, onion, beef salami and feta).

Out to visit the Xmas markets, hubbie had his mulled wine and I some regular dry red wine as they put sugar in the mulled wine. Maybe I will try to make some mulled wine with xylitol at home -- shouldn't be too difficult.

Early dinner: Scrambled eggs with fennel and mushrooms, about 100g of hummus with some low-carb flat bread. Some low-carb mousse au chocolat with whipped cream.

Late night snack after exercising: Some low-carb flatbread with tartar and mayonnaise and a small slice of the quiche.