What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try googling. The coyo website may list stockists. We get ours from tescos ('free from' chiller )

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
B: Avocado and homemade coleslaw
L: Two mushroom, ham and spring onion mini crustless quihes and a salad with cos, peppers, sliced fennel and mushrooms and homemade dressing
D: Chicken thighs, too small to wrap round mozzarella balls so placed on strips of bacon seasoned and roasted for 25 minutes in the oven with coleslaw
Bullet Proof hot chocolate with a dash of cream and a slice of lemon and coconut almond cake... :)

Reactions: 4 people

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
Breakfast this morning Welsh Rarebit with 1 slice of burgen toast 11 carbs very tasty

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Cake sounds yummy. Do you have the recipe pls or a link to it?
Hello pms... the cake is the Stracciatella Cake and the recipe is in the Low Carb Recipes thread on this forum... I copied one of the other chaps on here and made it with 120gms almond flour (ground almonds); 65gms coconut flour instead of all almond flour; left out the chocolate and added the juice of half a lemon; the zest of the whole lemon, then I made 'drizzle' from Truvia and lemon juice, which I warmed till the Truvia melted, poked holes in the cake when it came out of the oven and poured the drizzle over.. lush... :) Trouble is, I gave it all, except two small slices to my husband to take on his trip with him... :( Oh, I'll have to make another one then.. :)

Reactions: 10 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today has been a magnificent eating day.

B: huge brekkie. sausage, gegg, bacon, mushrooms and a slice of fried bread (white :wideyed:). no spike.

L: unnecessary

D: huge dinner. chicken breast in butter, garlic and onion, served on a mountain of cauli cheese with chillied peppers and green beans.

I also slipped in 4 (yes, I know how to live dangerously!) Thorntons chocs as a pud. Thats the last of them. Dont want any more. now I have to try and stop people giving them to me. or, if they do, start giving them away. not likely, is it?

Reactions: 13 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Today has been a magnificent eating day.

B: huge brekkie. sausage, gegg, bacon, mushrooms and a slice of fried bread (white :wideyed:).

Great minds think alike and all that, this was my lunch at cafe (treat of a white bread fried slice, was beautiful)

Decided to try different approach this morning as I go for a cycle within 30 mins of waking, so 1/2 an avocado and a green tea 10 mins after waking, then 2k cycle

B 90 mins later was 1 egg omelette with spinach & melted blue cheese,
After cycle I was down to 7.5 so quite a happy start to day, 6.3 post

L as above

D 2 sea bass fillets & cauliflower rice, who knew it was so tasty! I love this now, wish I had tried it sooner but to me it didn't sound appetising, pudding undecided.

(It didn't take me 90 minutes to do 2k btw, that seems how it reads, it was 20 mins over field and woods and hills) lol

Reactions: 5 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: leftover cauli cheese (fourth day and it's gone! Next time I'm freezing spare portions), chorizo slices, green olives

L: leftover Bolognese with grated cheddar; lettuce/rocket/watercress salad

D: courgetti with cream, egg and cream cheese; prosciutto slices

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great minds think alike and all that, this was my lunch at cafe (treat of a white bread fried slice, was beautiful)

Decided to try different approach this morning as I go for a cycle within 30 mins of waking, so 1/2 an avocado and a green tea 10 mins after waking, then 2k cycle

L as above

D 2 sea bass fillets & cauliflower rice, who knew it was so tasty! I love this now, wish I had tried it sooner but to me it didn't sound appetising, pudding undecided.

(It didn't take me 90 minutes to do 2k btw, that seems how it reads, it was 20 mins over field and woods and hills) lol

How's Mrs Weirdy? And you?

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Yeah we are both good thanks due to start on Tuesday @ MV, I have been great this week, feel like I have so much energy in the mornings hence my cycling all week before work ( never done this ) and 8 weeks with no insulin has made me eat so much better!

Reactions: 6 people

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
L: Lovely salad with pine nuts, parmesan, veg bacon & red wine vinaigrette

D: Soy burger on soy/linseed with avocado, lettuce, mustard & a little tomato sauce.

I'm still trying to figure out the best exercise & best time to do it & may have hit upon it tonight. Did a 15min/7k ride on my gym bike at 1hr20min after dinner & followed it up with about 5mins resistance exercises. Had 4.6 pre-dinner & 4.2 at 2hrs then woke to a 4.7 fasting so can't be unhappy with that :)

Exercise after a very low carb meal seems to spike me more often than not so I'm really not sure if I should do it unless I've eaten carb amounts like I did this evening - any views on that from anyone would be appreciated.........

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Porridge again for breakfast,lunch small portion of beef curry no rice ,dinner gammon salad and small baked potato and fruit salad and cream
Just going to do my BGs. They came out at 6.0

Last edited by a moderator:

elleyouer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B. Black coffee
L. Pret caesar salad & another black coffee.
Snack. 2 bits of oopsie bread I made for the first time ( its like eating cake without the carbs...I love it)
D. Chicken breast stirfried with mushroom onion pepper and bean sprouts and drop of soy sauce. Sugar free jelly.
For last few days bloods have been behaving between 4.1 and 6.8 so well pleased.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

L as above

What a good day! :) How's Mrs WS?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yeah we are both good thanks due to start on Tuesday @ MV, I have been great this week, feel like I have so much energy in the mornings hence my cycling all week before work ( never done this ) and 8 weeks with no insulin has made me eat so much better!

Good luck for today... I hope it goes well with no hitches... You are doing so well - you should be proud of yourself... cycling before work? :eek: I wish I had the energy for that... :)

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Good luck for today... I hope it goes well with no hitches... You are doing so well - you should be proud of yourself... cycling before work? :eek: I wish I had the energy for that... :)

Thank you Susikav, all WILL be okay!!

And I don't know how I'm doing all this cycling, but it feels great being out in the early morning with nature getting a lungful of fresh air, I'm hoping that this is the energy boost from LC, according to MFP I'm averaging around 35 carbs a day but my belly isn't going down yet :(

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
Todays Breakfast = 22 carbs 2 rashers of bacon, 2 sausage, 2 eggs,mushrooms,1 fried tomato 1 slice of Oopsie bread. I used the last of my Irish sausages they were the carb villains 14 carbs for 2 I have since bought Debbie & Andrews perfect pork sausages 5 carbs for 2 sausage's we live and learn.
I find it difficult to comprehend that this fabulous diet can help me lose weight I will know when I weigh in about 4 weeks but my blood sugar is averaging about 8 so that is a definite improvement

Tm6t7

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B Bacon, scrambled eggs
L Pate on one slice of toasted Bergen soya and linseed bread
D Fried pork, peppers and onion with New Mexico Chilli seasoning and lettuce, cucumber and half a tomato.