What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
One Scottish delicacy I never got round to trying (and probably never will, now) is the "Stonner", which is a saveloy sausage wrapped in donner kebab meat then battered and deep fried. Apparently it weighs well over 2lb and has about a million calories.
Yeuch! Sounds disgusting. Just back from walk along part of the Fife coastal walk need to snack on bacon strips

Reactions: 5 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

One Scottish delicacy I never got round to trying (and probably never will, now) is the "Stonner", which is a saveloy sausage wrapped in donner kebab meat then battered and deep fried. Apparently it weighs well over 2lb and has about a million calories.
I must have led a very sheltered life as a Glaswegian vegetarian as that word means something quite different to me :wideyed::wideyed::hilarious:

Reactions: 10 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B. Usual 1 slice burgen toast with 1oz dbl Gloucester cheese
L. 2 home-made Turkey burgers and 1/4 friatta. Planning on having:-
D. Roast chicken (again) cauliflower cous cous, sugar-free jelly+dbl cream

Snacks boiled egg + 2 strips m&s crispy bacon will have my usual lump of dbl Gloucester with chives+5 almonds for supper

Reactions: 6 people

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dinner, will be fresh sardines, after I prepare them, and an a green salad with olives.
(I can get about a half gallon jar in old money, for less than 2 euro)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody.
B. 2 thin slices of chia seed and nut bread with anchor butter

L. Cauliflower cheese

D. Chicken leg with onion, mushrooms , courgette and green pepper roast with olive oil. ( definitely my favourite at the moment)

I may cook a minute chocolate muffin/ cake later if I need a little something :)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - bacon & "almost bread"
L - sardines (I used the olive oil from the sardines to wilt some spinach). I've never had sardines before... they're inoffensive enough so I'll have a couple of tins in for standby.
S - Fat bomb. My first effort at sweet fat bombs using coconut oil, cocoa powder and stevia. I've never used stevia before and I didn't put nearly enough in, so this first batch are quite bitter. Still, they're worth another crack. About 120 calories of fat each.
Also had a coffee with double cream because I was a bit down on fat for the day.

D - Pork belly. It's meat, it's a rib, it makes the most divine crackling and I LOVE IT. Plus a herby salad.

And I still don't like cauliflower.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
B = Bacon, Egg yolk, Baked Beans, Polish Spelt bread. (hate egg white)
L = Roast chicken, stuffing balls, spring cabbage in cream, small portion creamy mashed potato, roast Mediterranean vegetables, gravy. Small Pink Grapefruit Diet Yoghurt.
D = Didn't want another cooked meal after big lunch. So: Baked ham, assorted cheeses, garden salad, pickled onions.
Snacks: Cappucino, 4 Dark chocolate coated Brazil Nuts.
Supper: Will be whatever takes my fancy. Usually a funsize piece of fruit with a slice of Leerdammer.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - bacon & "almost bread"
L - sardines (I uses the olive oil from the sardines to wilt some spinach). I've never had sardines before... they're inoffensive enough so I'll have a couple of tins in for standby.
S - Fat bomb. My first effort at sweet fat bombs using coconut oil, cocoa powder and stevia. I've never used stevia enough and I didn't put nearly enough in, so this first batch are quite bitter. Still, they're worth another crack. About 120 calories of fat each.
Also had a coffee with double cream because I was a bit down on fat for the day.

D - Pork belly. It's meat, it's a rib, it makes the most divine crackling and I LOVE IT. Plus a herby salad.

And I still don't like cauliflower.

Cauliflower grows on you.
Sardines, fortunately I like then, both tinned and fresh, just been gutting tonights dinner, pan fried shortly.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Tinned mackerel, scrambled eggs & cherry tomatoes
L: (at my elder son's house) Chilli beef. I took my own mixed salad topped with mayo & grated cheese. For afters there was birthday cake but they gave me raspberries & blueberries with cream, bless 'em
D: More salad with hardboiled egg, mayo & cheese

Reactions: 11 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Fried Egg, 2xbacon, 2xchipolatas, Tom & Mush

L: Smoked Mackerel pate, celery sticks, couple of toms

D: Roast Beef, Celeriac Mash, other veggies

Some choc for pudd

freshlybrewed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
sensory overloading

I don't eat it on its own, it has to be part of something epic or leave it out. I prefer stronger sharper flavours with it.

The organic cauliflower I bought last time smells of manure when it's cooking :yuck: but it has a nice texture when cooked.
I had it this evening with chicken and mushrooms, and a coriander pesto stir through. There was some left over which I've just had now cold. The cauliflower tasted like antipasti artichoke hearts.

Christinerm

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Coconut flour / chia bread & almond butter, bit of cheese
L: Avocado & bacon fried in butter, side salad of watercress, spinach, tomato, cucumber, olives, oil & lemon juice
D: roast chicken leg, 1 small new potato, 2 chunks roasted carrot, broccoli. Blueberries & cream
S: 2 squares 85% chocolate

Reactions: 4 people

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Porridge with 1 tbsp flax seeds, 1 tbsp oats and 2 tbsp chia seeds, some sunflower seeds, raw cacao and soured cream
L: Out for Sunday roast without the mash, roast potatoes and Yorkshire pudding, but the red cabbage was quite sweet - 2 hours later I was hungry again
D: 2 oxtail pieces with large amount of broccoli, 2 red peppers, cream-cacao dessert with flax seeds, large handful of bird seeds

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
I think the only way cauli will grow on me is if they plant it on my grave! Horrible stuff. I've never liked it but gave it another go because it's apparently quite versatile for LCHF.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Today I ate:-
B. 1 slice Burgen toast & cheese
L. 2 slices square sausage & 2 fried eggs
D. 2 88% beefburgers and cauli cous cous
Snacks :- 1/2 smoked sausage & lump Herby cheese, later on another lump Herby cheese with 2 strips crispy bacon - and it's only 5.25pm! bloods have been fine though. Does anyone else feel that this lchf diet is too good to be true?

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody :).

A strange day for food. One minute I don't feel at all hungry and the next I am famished.

B. Raspberries and cream
L. A small amount of cooked chicken
S. A piece of Camambert
D. Tinned salmon with a slice of chia seed and nut bread followed by raspberries and cream , again!

:)

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Porridge with 1 tbsp flax seeds, 1 tbsp oats and 2 tbsp chia seeds, some sunflower seeds, raw cacao and soured cream
That's very much like my recipe. I take it your BS doesn't object? I add butter & coconut oil to be on the safe side.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ate way too much protein today, probably ended up close to 2,000 calories in all.

Day went haywire early. Half way to Bristol had to turn round and go to Exeter, then to London and then back to Bristol, before home. Over 9 hours driving !!!

Ended up in M&S at the services trying to find low carb stuff to eat.

B: Mushroom Omlette and Coffee with cream
L: Cocktail sausages, chunky ham, crispy bacon
L: (2) Salad
D: Blackened salmon filet with salad

I think I may have had 150g of protein in that lot

Might require a Fat Fast to get over it.

Reactions: 7 people

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's very much like my recipe. I take it your BS doesn't object? I add butter & coconut oil to be on the safe side.

No, for some reason my BC finds a little bit of porridge and some seeds in the morning absolutely fine. I am getting my best readings post-breakfast. I too add something fatty, usually some coconut cream.

Edit: Just like today: 5.7 fasting and then 5.9 after breakfast :p