Not open for further replies.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Yesterday I had a bowl of cornflakes with hot milk for breakfast, lunch 2 slices of spaghetti on toast and for tea was roast chicken roast potatoes. Roast parsnip, carrot and broccoli, stuffing Yorkshire pud and gravy.

Breakfast today was cornflakes with hot milk. Lunch will be a chicken sandwich, I will be at work tea time so I'll probably have some digestives dipped in tea when I get in.

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

May I join too?
I have the same breakfast and lunch each day:
Breakfast
30g blueberries
80g natural yogurt
25g granola (a seed/nuts one)
That's about 19g carbs

Lunch:
80g Cauliflower
50g sprouts
10g cheese
40g grapes
10g Brazil's
10g walnuts

That's about 13g carbs

Yesterday dinner was two sausages, roasted celeriac, carrot, sprout and cauliflower.
That's was 27g carb

I had a few nuts for a snack. Coffee at brekkie and one at about four, water the rest of the day.
How does that sound?

I am copying Donna today and weighing nuts to keep me from overeating them. Got 30g of Brazils weighed out and when they're gone, they're gone!

JustDomUK

Crack of the morning
Cup of tea with milk.

Breakfast
Sliced pepper, mushrooms, bacon (unsmoked) & courgette omelette with teaspoon of Parmesan cheese (freshly grated). Fruit tea (blood orange and cranberry)

Snack
Fruit tea (strawberry and mango)
Mini cheddar baby bel

Lunch
Spinach, romaine lettuce, rocket, peppers, cucumber with warmed mackerel (in Olive oil) and coleslaw (my five a day in one meal ;) ) Fruit tea (blackberry and vanilla)

Snack
Fruit tea (blackberry and vanilla)
Raspberries and cream

Dinner
3 x Roast chicken thighs in their skin with pak choi, bean sprouts, mushrooms, peppers and grated carrot stir fry in soy sauce. Fruit tea (strawberry and mango) Pint of water.

30g carbs for the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Avocado I need to find somewhere cheaper for nuts. They are so expensive! X

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Same breakfast every day:very strong italian coffee mixed with unsweetened soya milk. 1 carb

Lunch: strips of grilled chicken with a mixed salad dressed in olive oil and vinegar. 10 carbs

Dinner:sainsburys vegetable jalfrezi 20 carbs.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

cath99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
Yes the chocolate browine receipe looks lovely, however far too many carbs for me at the moment. Maybe i'll keep hold of it as a birthday cake treat.

Generally I eat;

breakfast- 2 x herta sauages, or some mixed berries with greek yog
lunch-homemade soup, sugarfree jelly, with a little tinned fruit in it,
dinner-some kind of home cooked curry, followed by a couple of squares of 74% chocolate from lidls

snacks include cheese, salami, lidl do a version of peperami that I prefer, also nuts, and sugarfree jelly sweets, and sainsburys sugarfree marshmallows. also homemade rocky road and almost bounty bars from recipes in the chocolate paradise
ohhh id love the link to the homemade rocky road x

cath99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
Avocado I need to find somewhere cheaper for nuts. They are so expensive! X
i get brazil nuts for 1.40 ish from homebargains .. i find asda/tesco expensive x

Reactions: 3 people

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm on a fasting carbs day today so I've had 1 weetabix with milk, blueberries and a splash of maple syrup for breakfast, salad for lunch, chicken salad with roast peppers for dinner and I'll have a small yoghurt tonight. Total bolus so far today: 6.20 units. I'm doing this as part of the 5:2 diet and I feel amazing the following day....until I eat carbs again.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got 700g of Almonds for £4.99 at the local Asian shop it is worth looking for ethnic shops for bargains It does say on the packet that it may contain nuts!!!
CAROL

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Same breakfast an lunch. Had cherry tomato, red pepper, red onion and turkey seasoned with jerk spices and roasted with a mound of extra mature cheddar for dinner.

For pudding I had a packet of dark chocolate buttons (only available in Sainsbury's), only 10g carbs per pack. YOU MUST BUY THESE, THEY ARE AMAZING!!! Here's a link: http://www.beyonddark.co.uk

Reactions: 7 people

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
They look good. I put my chocolate in the freezer to make it last longer

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Breakfast, same as yesterday. I feel safe with it, doesn't cause BG probs : bacon and mushrooms fried in coconut oil. Tea to drink.
Lunch: a sort of salade nicoise.....Tuna, one hard boiled egg, bit of anchovy, couple of cherry tomatoes and olives on a bed of iceberg lettuce with an olive oil, white wine vinegar and lemon juice dressing. Water to drink.
Late afternoon, decaf coffee with cream and a few almonds.
Dinner: small amount of celeriac, buttered Savoy cabbage and Beef casserole. Recipe from this link.http://lowcarbdiabetic.wordpress.com/
Very tasty, perfect food for a stormy winters evening! Made this morning and reheated tonight. Poached rhubarb and cream for pudding. Used what was left of wine in casserole so Water to drink, lol.
Before bed will have my usual warm Almond "milk", 0.1g carb, 13 kcal per 100 ml.

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - Greek yogurt with some Linwood's seed mix, quadruple espresso.

Lunch - 1/2 avocado with 50g of peeled shrimp

Dinner - smoked river cobbler (fish), celeriac & cabbage bubble and squeak with 2 poached eggs, followed by some strawberries and a sliced kiwi sprinkled with vermouth.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast:
Greek yoghurt, walnuts, Green & Blacks cocoa powder
Greek yoghurt.JPG

Lunch:
2 boiled eggs
Boiled eggs.JPG

Dinner:
Spicy Moroccan cod (baked in coconut oil, harissa, lemon zest, coriander), cauliflower mash with cream and cinnamon, broccoli
Morroccan fish.JPG

Reactions: 9 people

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Dinner - smoked river cobbler (fish), celeriac & cabbage bubble and squeak with 2 poached eggs, followed by some strawberries and a sliced kiwi sprinkled with vermouth.

Quadruple espresso?! :eek:

Love the celeriac bubble and squeak, will definitely be having that.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Love the pics, Robert. Great idea. I tried to upload a pic of the chocolate I had, but the size was too big.
I had to reduce them a bit in photoshop

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Bubble & Squeak... awesome :hungry:

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I really like this thread!

Similar breakfast and lunch most days. Today:

Breakfast: defrosted frozen raspberries (60g), full fat greek yoghurt (100g).
Lunch: chicken breast fillet and salad. Strawberries, cream.
Tea: Homemade chilli with blue cheese, half Granny Smith apple, raspberries (50g)., cream.

I know I should have had broccoli with my chilli, but bad day at work and late home, so late with tea again and couldn't be bothered to deal with broccoli!

p.s. Often make celeriac or mixed vegetable bubble and squeak - brilliant with a few rashers of bacon cut into strips and fried in with it.
p.p.s I am so going to buy those chocolate buttons next time I drive past a sainsbury!

Smidge

Status
Not open for further replies.