What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'll be eating more than this today! Just thought I'd post a pic! In one bar ( 5 bars in the pack) a mere 4.2 carbs! Hits the spot!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1391755434.165160.jpg

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 10 people

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast : Greek yogurt with ginger

Lunch : cold roast turkey leg meat and a couple of tomatoes

Dinner : asparagus vinagrette, lambs heart and oxtail stew, cabbage, celeriac and swede mash. Red wine.

shane-1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rain and sheep
cheese and a boiled egg for breakfast ,having smoked coley for lunch plus veg and potato

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have disgusted myself today, but Friday is a day of treats.........

I had a weight watchers yogurt when I woke, stopped by greggs for a bacon roll and latte for starting work, and now I have just had a greggs ham salad roll for lunch.......

that's 108g of carbohydrate right there...........naughty boy........blood sugars have been good though...

colinat

Well last night I discovered the joy of clotted cream & sugar free blueberry jelly, ate nearly the full tub of clotted cream & felt sick! Tested an hour later & no change! Hoorah! Just tried Ainsley harriotts lentil Dahl for lunch very nice will test in 2 hours & see if it was worth it.

Reactions: 2 people

JustDomUK

Ok yesterday was devoid of carbs because of another test and see set so today I've had

Breakfast
Scrambled eggs (2) with cheddar cheese. Two rashers of bacon
2g carbs

Lunch
Courgette, leeks, peppers and mushrooms fried in butter with 100% beef burger from Sainsburys. 0.9 a burger and coleslaw.
9g carbs

Snack
30g Brazil nuts.
1g carbs

Dinner
Although I've not had this yet, it's prepped in the fridge ready.
Beef lasagne made with leek "pasta" sheets and philly cheese. Peppers added just for a lark. Having that with green beans.
16g carbs

Assume fruit teas throughout the day. Will follow meal later with decaff coffee made with cream.

Total carbs 30g for the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colinat

News just in on lentil Dahl, reading before was 6.2( cos I couldn't resist half a packet of crisps mid morning), reading 2hours after 7, quite pleased with that will have to have another test run to convince myself though.
Colin

shane-1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rain and sheep
how do you make cauliflower rice ?

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just had a fried egg sandwich in a muffin made with coconut flour and flax seed. It was so nice and the muffin only took a minute to make in the microwave:)

Reactions: 3 people

colinat

Being that it's my birthday today & how I'm managing an average reading of 6.5 I thought stuff it I'm gonna have a treat today & if it takes me up to 13 or so I can live with that! So off I've been for fillet steak with chips & red wine, mushroom & onion sauce! Reading after 10.8 very happy! Although I wAs lucky that I started with a nice low reading of 4.8 beforehand!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Being that it's my birthday today & how I'm managing an average reading of 6.5 I thought stuff it I'm gonna have a treat today & if it takes me up to 13 or so I can live with that! So off I've been for fillet steak with chips & red wine, mushroom & onion sauce! Reading after 10.8 very happy! Although I wAs lucky that I started with a nice low reading of 4.8 beforehand!

Happy Birthday :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Yesterday's low carb goodies were...

Brunch: almond pancakes with blueberries and cream (even my fussy son ate one and said they tasted like "regular" pancakes. Result!)

Dinner: mushroom stroganoff with shredded lettuce (looks like cat food, but is very tasty)

Pudding: chocolate and pecan mug cake with vanilla cream and raspberry sauce (oh my!) Cake recipe from http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/05/chocolate-brownie-mug-cake-low-carb-gluten-free.html

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday's low carb goodies were...

Brunch: almond pancakes with blueberries and cream (even my fussy son ate one and said they tasted like "regular" pancakes. Result!)

Dinner: mushroom stroganoff with shredded lettuce (looks like cat food, but is very tasty)

Pudding: chocolate and pecan mug cake with vanilla cream and raspberry sauce (oh my!) Cake recipe from ibreatheimhungry.com

9zvuvl.jpg

2d9u2bo.jpg

that all sounds and looks fantastic:)

shane-1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rain and sheep
skipped breakfast ....havnt eaten yet ..

A

Avocado Sevenfold

that all sounds and looks fantastic:)

Cheers. There is a weird malware warning on the cake site today so I have posted the recipe on the low carb recipe thread if anyone is interested.

(whenever I see aqualung I start singing that Jethro Tull song lol)

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheers. There is a weird malware warning on the cake site today so I have posted the recipe on the low carb recipe thread if anyone is interested.

(whenever I see aqualung I start singing that Jethro Tull song lol)

thanks for posting the recipe, I am off to have a look.

my husband is a big Jethro Tull fan and that is the username he uses, I thought it was more appropriate than my usual one (bunbun)

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Boullabaise today, with mussels, king prawns and cod steaks. Low carb and lowish calories too. That should make up for the (low carb) haggis and eggs I had for breakfast!

Status
Not open for further replies.